see how ridiculous it sounds when He isn't your coach??

JOJOTOWNSELL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/15/rex-says-the-bills-are-closing-the-gap-with-the-patriots/

Few teams have been as aggressive at the start of the league year as the Bills, who have added two big-time playmakers in LeSean McCoy and Percy Harvin, as well as a potential starting quarterback in Matt Cassel and starting fullback in Jerome Felton. The Patriots, meanwhile, haven’t made a lot of splashy moves and have lost some key players.

As a result, Bills coach Rex Ryan thinks Buffalo may be ready to overtake New England atop the AFC.

“I feel pretty good about what we’ve added,” Ryan told Toronto’s SportsNet 590, via ESPN.com. “I think the conference really got stronger. If anything, it currently doesn’t look – if you can say winners and losers in free agency – obviously New England had to cut quite a few players. So obviously they don’t look as strong as they did. I certainly hope they’re not. They just got through winning the Super Bowl. But I believe the rest of the division really has got stronger. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. I truly believe that we got stronger.”

The Patriots have lost some key players from their 2014 championship team: Darrelle RevisBrandon BrownerVince WilforkAkeem Ayers and Shane Vereen are all gone. So it’s easy to see why Ryan thinks they’re not as strong as they used to be. And it’s also easy to see why Ryan thinks the Bills are stronger.

But have the Bills really caught up with the Patriots? That’s going to be hard to believe until we see it. The Patriots have been the NFL’s best franchise for the last 15 years, and the Bills haven’t made the playoffs in 15 years. The Bills may be closing the gap, but it’s a big gap to close.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont see anythiing he said that sounded ridiculous. i dont hate rex ryan at all. the guy was all-in on being a jet when he was here........its not like he pulled some crap where he kept saying he was staying and then jetted when the season was over. he got fired......and he probably wanted to stay a jet. he said some silly things when he was here, but overall he loved being here and i think he tried his hardest. hard not to like him, imo.

the off season isn't over.  the pats have cap room now.  they will sign 7 TE's and 4 WR's in the next week or two 

Like the 2014 Jets, the Pats have no starting CBs.  Logan Ryan? Kyle Arrington?   Wow.  Let's see Belichick work magic with that hot garbage at corner.

Look...I wish nothing more than had rex led this team to multiple championships...I never liked the penalties and stuff that went on under rex watch but at the end of the day..this guy has built himself a brand..made a life for him and his family that most of us could only wish for..and is doing what he loves and has passion for..this guy isn't as stupid as people think he is..can't kill him for what he said..NE might be the only team to lose players each year and continue to fill in the holes with stop gaps...but all in all this division has gotten better and it should be fun to watch

I thought Rex sounded like a complete idiot in his introductory press conference, but as much as I will like to revel in all the dumb crap he will say this year, Rex really said nothing wrong here. On paper what he said is true, but they have Brady and Bellichick and an easy schedule so the Bills Jets and Dolphins all have their work cut out for them if they want to finally break the Cheatriots hold on the AFC East.

I thought Rex sounded like a complete idiot in his introductory press conference, but as much as I will like to revel in all the dumb crap he will say this year, Rex really said nothing wrong here. On paper what he said is true, but they have Brady and Bellichick and an easy schedule so the Bills Jets and Dolphins all have their work cut out for them if they want to finally break the Cheatriots hold on the AFC East.

like a fly to honey

The other 3 teams in AFC east don't have #12 so sadly they haven't fully caught up

The gap has been shrunk dramatically.  If you don't think your revamped secondary was a major reason you got to the Superbowl you are insane. #12 wouldn't have made out of the first round without your defense.  Now Wolfork, a major part of your Dline, is also gone  Every AFC East team upgraded both their offense and their defense except the Pats.  I know it is still early and we havn't even had the draft yet, but if you think a 35 going on 36 year old Brady is going to last forever, I have a bridge to sell you.  NE will be good again this year but this division has just gotten a hell of a lot tougher.   Their division games are going to be hell.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/15/rex-says-the-bills-are-closing-the-gap-with-the-patriots/

Few teams have been as aggressive at the start of the league year as the Bills, who have added two big-time playmakers in LeSean McCoy and Percy Harvin, as well as a potential starting quarterback in Matt Cassel and starting fullback in Jerome Felton. The Patriots, meanwhile, haven’t made a lot of splashy moves and have lost some key players.

As a result, Bills coach Rex Ryan thinks Buffalo may be ready to overtake New England atop the AFC.

“I feel pretty good about what we’ve added,” Ryan told Toronto’s SportsNet 590, via ESPN.com. “I think the conference really got stronger. If anything, it currently doesn’t look – if you can say winners and losers in free agency – obviously New England had to cut quite a few players. So obviously they don’t look as strong as they did. I certainly hope they’re not. They just got through winning the Super Bowl. But I believe the rest of the division really has got stronger. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. I truly believe that we got stronger.”

The Patriots have lost some key players from their 2014 championship team: Darrelle RevisBrandon BrownerVince WilforkAkeem Ayers and Shane Vereen are all gone. So it’s easy to see why Ryan thinks they’re not as strong as they used to be. And it’s also easy to see why Ryan thinks the Bills are stronger.

But have the Bills really caught up with the Patriots? That’s going to be hard to believe until we see it. The Patriots have been the NFL’s best franchise for the last 15 years, and the Bills haven’t made the playoffs in 15 years. The Bills may be closing the gap, but it’s a big gap to close.

He is 100% correct.  The Pats are going to have a much tougher time winning the division this year and this could be the year that another team actually wins it.  At this point, I wouldn't bet against the Pats but it will not be a cake walk by any means. 

Few teams have been as aggressive at the start of the league year as the Bills, who have added two big-time playmakers inLeSean McCoy and Percy Harvin, as well as a potential starting quarterback in Matt Cassel and starting fullback in Jerome Felton. The Patriots, meanwhile, haven’t made a lot of splashy moves and have lost some key players.

“I feel pretty good about what we’ve added,” Ryan told Toronto’s SportsNet 590, via ESPN.com. “I think the conference really got stronger. If anything, it currently doesn’t look – if you can say winners and losers in free agency – obviously New England had to cut quite a few players. So obviously they don’t look as strong as they did. I certainly hope they’re not. They just got through winning the Super Bowl. But I believe the rest of the division really has got stronger. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. I truly believe that we got stronger.”

The Patriots have lost some key players from their 2014 championship team: Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Vince Wilfork, Akeem Ayers and Shane Vereen are all gone. So it’s easy to see why Ryan thinks they’re not as strong as they used to be. And it’s also easy to see why Ryan thinks the Bills are stronger.

What was wrong with his comments? Some dude are just pure hate.

If anything, this thread is a testimony to how much a Rex hater will distort comments that are absolutely fine to try to prove a point.   Rex even complements the other teams in the AFC East including the Jets. 

But have the Bills really caught up with the Patriots?

Yeah. They have Tom Brady's former BACKUP as their STARTING QB - Cassel. Just think of all the 'secrets' he can divulge to Rex. Starting with if Brady shaves his nut sack or if Belicheat has a third mistress. That's great stuff that Rex will use to 'motivate' his new team.  

the op sounds ridiculous

Have to agree. Rex said nothing wrong. Sounds like your biast is showing (anti-Rex).

The guy did his best here in NY. Did he win a SB? No. I don't think a coach alive would of won a SB with any of the 6 teams he coached here considering the most important position on the team was the weak link every year.

He did a better job than most would of IMO and I have no ill will towards Rex, or Mangini for that matter. My only issue with Herm was how he bolted for KC but whatever, the guy wasn't the answer at HC anyways.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived