who leads the jets in sacks this years

JOJOTOWNSELL

Babin if he doesn't get cut. If he does who knows.

I think Babin is going to get cut. Hopefully he comes in and works hard, but I just fear he will do something stupid and Bowles will say see ya.

I think Babin is going to get cut. Hopefully he comes in and works hard, but I just fear he will do something stupid and Bowles will say see ya.

Everything about Babin last season was positive. Locker room leader, great teammate, and someone who tried to give tips and insight to the younger guys. Showing the youngsters tricks to the trade. I think if he gets cut, its cause hes old and out played. Good thing for him our LB corp is deep as a kiddie pool. 

I honestly think that's conservative.

If 13.5 sack prediction is conservative, then I'm assuming you think Rich will get 14.5 sacks or more.

Only 6 guys got more than 13.5 sacks.

Only 3 guys got more than 14.5 sacks last year (Watt, Houston, Dumervil). That's the best of the elites imo.

I think anything over 12 sacks would be gravy. You won't see too much variance in sacks for Jets such as 13+ sacks for Rich n 5-8 each for Mo, Coples n Leo. I think it'll be more like 9-11 each for mo n Rich, and 6-9 each for Coples, n Leo.

I think where this line going to worry teams is when we go 4 Down linemen:-

Richardson Williams Mo Coples

The pressure up the middle is where we will crush Olines, because all our guys are 300 pounders that can run. Once their power breaks through the Oline they can run and catch the Q.B. The rotation will be sick! I think at times they will take over games.

Everything about Babin last season was positive. Locker room leader, great teammate, and someone who tried to give tips and insight to the younger guys. Showing the youngsters tricks to the trade. I think if he gets cut, its cause hes old and out played. Good thing for him our LB corp is deep as a kiddie pool. 

Really?  I never heard that about him...never heard anything bad either but it just seemed like he was kinda there.  Played the run better than advertised and never really got to the QB.  Do  you remember who said all that about him being a locker room leader/great teammate/helping the young guys?

I have no idea who will be the leader but it's probably safe to say the Jets could have more sacks than they have ever had.

Not only will the front 7 be getting sacks but Bowles is known to send secondary players too.

We might even see Revis blitzing from the blind side.

Pryor playing SS will be sent too. Even Skrine is known to be a good blitzer.

It's going to be fun to watch. Opposing Olines will have a lot of work to do to prepare for the Jets. Usually teams have 1 or 2 stud pass rushers. The Jets will have 3 all of whom are 300 pounders & the 290LB Coples.

Jets will be a top fantasy defense next year.

Babin could go nuts in this D with those monsters up front...but I just dont know that he'll see the snaps be #1.

It's probably going to Sheldon Richardson. You have to imagine he cracks double digits this year with the addition of Williams.

Really?  I never heard that about him...never heard anything bad either but it just seemed like he was kinda there.  Played the run better than advertised and never really got to the QB.  Do  you remember who said all that about him being a locker room leader/great teammate/helping the young guys?

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Babin-Provides-Depth--Leadership-to-Jets-Front-7/708d06eb-46eb-495d-be20-0a1b9c0faabe

Ellis, Richardson, Pace, IK.

Babin could go nuts in this D with those monsters up front...but I just dont know that he'll see the snaps be #1.

It's probably going to Sheldon Richardson. You have to imagine he cracks double digits this year with the addition of Williams.

I just saw Willimas on Sports science throw a guy 13 feet in the air and had better numbers than Sue when he was on it.   This kid is going to make every single player on the defense better.  

I just saw Willimas on Sports science throw a guy 13 feet in the air and had better numbers than Sue when he was on it.   This kid is going to make every single player on the defense better.

Too bad Rex isn't here anymore.

With #'s like that.... he'd be ideal to move out wide on a WR! :Banane43:

Archived