Jets Browns thoughts

UnitedWhofans

1. Win win situation for the Jets. Win and we can continue to climb. Lose and we get closer to seeing the kids play more.

2. To lose the game, the Jets will need to make some errors, If Fitz plays the way he did against Baltimore, the Jets are going to win. Cleveland has grit, but are low on talent.

3. I hope Bowles learned something from the game about sticking with the 3-4.  Mauldin played well and I think earned more playing time. 

4. Chan Gailey needs to continue to use the run, and now with the QB excuse gone, Powell will get some more carries

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defensively, the Jets need to come out playing like their hair is on fire to set the tone for the game and put the Browns away early. They should be licking their chops going up against rookie QB K.Hogan.

The offense should come out ready to dominate this young defense and banged up secondary. Fitz has said he will be playing angry, but he knows he still needs to prove he deserves to be the starting QB. Lest we for get he is 'technically only in as a backup right now- having lost his starting gig due to poor play.

The Browns are decimated by injuries (even Pryor, Haden and J.Thomas are all banged up, even though they will play). 

The Jets need to take the lead early and all but put the game away by halftime. 

There is really no reason the Jets should lose this game, there's no excuse, the urgency needs to be there. 

My only concern defensively is G.Barnidge, as the Jets always have trouble with quality TEs.       

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Win win situation for the Jets. Win and we can continue to climb. Lose and we get closer to seeing the kids play more.

2. To lose the game, the Jets will need to make some errors, If Fitz plays the way he did against Baltimore, the Jets are going to win. Cleveland has grit, but are low on talent.

3. I hope Bowles learned something from the game about sticking with the 3-4.  Mauldin played well and I think earned more playing time. 

4. Chan Gailey needs to continue to use the run, and now with the QB excuse gone, Powell will get some more carries

Great points...have they announced who #2 QB is yet?

7 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

My thoughts are that they will be in a better position to draft a QB than we will at the end of the season. However, much like us, they will find a way to cock it up. 

This is one of the worst QB classes to come out since the Blaine Gabbert, and company draft.

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is one of the worst QB classes to come out since the Blaine Gabbert, and company draft.

also just looking at some mock drafts most of the 1st round is defense (yes keep the streak alive).  not many good QB's, WR's or lineman.  good rbs though

This game is pretty much a no win situation for the Jets.  No one will be in any way impressed with a win and if we were to lose we'd be a bigger joke than we already are.  Team just needs to play well and not underestimate the Browns and obviously get a win.  

For the post on the draft, right now the main area I would focus on going into next year is all along the Oline and RB with our first couple of picks. So, if we struggle to get any of the QBs on our team to be consistent at passing we can mainly run and throw a few passes here and there and even the current D can win games as we saw against the Ravens. Many will say they stink, but we made their O stink. And, BTW, that was very gratifying to beat a team that was always to tough for us to beat losing to them the past 8 times prior to this past Sunday.

32 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

This game is pretty much a no win situation for the Jets.  No one will be in any way impressed with a win and if we were to lose we'd be a bigger joke than we already are.  Team just needs to play well and not underestimate the Browns and obviously get a win.  

Sorry, but I don't care as much about who thinks the team (like media etc) is a joke. If they win great, if not, we see Petty sooner and likely get a better draft pick. Frankly, had we only won 6 games last year, we would likely have gotten the OL we needed, and we wouldn't have re-signed Fitz. At this point, this year is pretty much lost. I just don't see us winning out the rest of the games, even if by some miracle we go 10-6 we are likely to loose out to tie-breakers. I think 7-9/8-8 is more likely.

So we should just be focussing on building towards next year. Getting the young receivers (and other players) reps, trying out Petty and/or Hack.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Ehh I don't buy it, coming out today Dak would still get drafted rounds behind Watson, Kizer,  Kelly and the kid from UNC, but the dude is tearing up the league. I don't think this draft is any worse than last year's and already there's two likely franchise QB, I doubt next year is any different 

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This season is not over. The asshats advocating losing for a gamble of a draft pick is asinine

this asshat has seen this movie too many times, 7-9 is not going to do anything for us.  drafting early helps you in every round btw

without special players the jets are doomed to the hamster wheel of hoping for 9-7 and losing on the road in a wild card game.  sorry, not cutting it

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This season is not over. The asshats advocating losing for a gamble of a draft pick is asinine

The Jets are probably going to be 5-5 heading into a bye week to prepare for the Patriots at home on Sunday Night Football.

While not optimal, if the defense, running game, and coaching get their acts together and give our quarterback some field position and more manageable situations all it will take is an upset of the Patriots to undo all the pain of the first six weeks of the season.  And if you look at the schedule we have 5 of our last 7 games at home and no team on there outside of NE is as daunting as the gauntlet we just ran.

SAR I

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are probably going to be 5-5 heading into a bye week to prepare for the Patriots at home on Sunday Night Football.

While not optimal, if the defense, running game, and coaching get their acts together and give our quarterback some field position and more manageable situations all it will take is an upset of the Patriots to undo all the pain of the first six weeks of the season.  And if you look at the schedule we have 5 of our last 7 games at home and no team on there outside of NE is as daunting as the gauntlet we just ran.

SAR I

Call me old fashioned but I like to root for my teams in tough and good times. And as you mention SAR our schedule is SOFT with the exception of NE. Now with that said we still need to go and win. Nothing would crush this team like going into Cleveland and laying an egg.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

One game at a time...let's see what this "angry" team does vs the brownies first before we begin hoping for a meaningful showdown vs the Pats.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

10-6 - here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as my logical brain would like us to stink it up and get  real blue chip QB in the draft, I can't help but root. I catch myself thinking the same thing as you wrote... as sarcastic as I know it was :D

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Holy chit dude, dont you know optimism is taboo here?

The defense just has too much talent in the front 7 not to start to "figure things out".  But the secondary is a mess, and we'll still have to outscore teams in 24-21 types of games. 

We'll probably end up 5-11 or 6-10.  This Sunday's game will help dictate which direction we go.  Lose this game and it's time to abandon all hope of the postseason, start the young guys, and shoot for a top pick.  

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

This is not an easy win at all, most Browns fans are penning this one as their sole win for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol the Browns have no shot in Sunday. Bowles has this team pissed off and ready to re-claim their season.

The Browns have been cutting, trading good players and signing crappy players with the intent of losing this and every other game since last year, this is a proper rebuild, 14-16 rookies on the team now with 12+ draft picks next year

Fitz will need to earn a loss and he should be cut if the Jets actually lose on Sunday

"Just-released Donte Whitner says Browns are 'playing Moneyball now!'"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/just-released-donte-whitner-says-browns-are-playing-moneyball-now/

Archived