Woody Hiring Charlie Casserly as consultant (MERGED)

Seth

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maccagnan and Casserly have strong ties. Wouldn't be surprised to see another ex-Skin Todd Bowles in the mix for head coach with NYJ either

Casserly also had Greg Roman on his staff during his years in Houston.  

He's been a popular name around the league for Head Coaching gigs. 

Great HOF coach..

A GM so bad that even Tannenbaum couldn't keep the beans from exploding

There were other moves Bradway could have made besides letting those two go. But Herm needed to build his vaunted Tampa Two. Please, I don't want to relive this. Especially with someone who doesnt have his facts straight.

No it's time to move on. I like Rex but we need a change of scenery so does he

I don't necessarily think we're going to get a better coach but you're probably right.

Still sucks though.  Idziks deliberate approach may fly in a small market but in NY it cost him his job and the team a good coach.

What I like most about him was that 2006 draft. Everyone was banking on Vince Young staying in Texas. He stuck to his guns and took who he thought was the bast player. He was absolutely correct.

Excellent move by Woody.

according to many around here Rex does. 

Yes.  That is a very popular opinion.  SOOOOO many people say Rex is perfect and has zero blemishes. 

What I like most about him was that 2006 draft. Everyone was banking on Vince Young staying in Texas. He stuck to his guns and took who he thought was the bast player. He was absolutely correct.

Excellent move by Woody.

That was a solid draft, they also added DeMeco Ryans, Eric Winston and Owen Daniels.  

And as Jets DC. You don't demote your HC. It would divide the team and undermine the new HC. And Westoff has never been a HC. It's time for a new regime entirely.

Demoting a head coach and retaining him might affect HIS ego, but it wouldn't divide the team if the players were on board.  In our scenario, the team/defensive players would likely appreciate having him around (in any capacity) opposed to going somewhere else. He's a good guy, likable.  Just stinks at head coaching. I think he'd love to coach alongside Westhoff, and let him handle the "bullsh*t" (the timeouts, the challenges, the benchings) of the head coach position.   

Enter Westhoff.  I'm confident that anybody who has ever coached at the positional level in the NFL (tight ends, safeties) or been a coordinator (Special Teams), has wanted to be a head coach.  Just because he hasn't been a HC yet doesn't mean squat.  He's been an EXCELLENT special teams coordinator, he knows the game, and is successful at what he does.  

He still covers the Jets and discusses strategy with the coaches for Chrissakes.  

I don't necessarily think we're going to get a better coach but you're probably right.

Still sucks though.  Idziks deliberate approach may fly in a small market but in NY it cost him his job and the team a good coach.

By good coach , you mean a HC who only care about defense, can't get personnel on and off the field properly, has his teams totally undisciplined ( penalties) , wastes TO's and challenges like they were government cheese, continually pumps his chest about how good we are and how all his players are the best, a coach who after bye weeks might as well keep his team home , a DC who still to this day utilized Kyle F'in Wilson but cut Jalen Saunders after 1 dropped punt. I'm sure if you looked in Webster's next to good coach - you'd see those requirements - Right ???

Demoting a head coach and retaining him might affect HIS ego, but it wouldn't divide the team if the players were on board. In our scenario, the team/defensive players would likely appreciate having him around (in any capacity) opposed to going somewhere else. He's a good guy, likable. Just stinks at head coaching. I think he'd love to coach alongside Westhoff, and let him handle the "bullsh*t" (the timeouts, the challenges, the benchings) of the head coach position.

Enter Westhoff. I'm confident that anybody who has ever coached at the positional level in the NFL (tight ends, safeties) or been a coordinator (Special Teams), has wanted to be a head coach. Just because he hasn't been a HC yet doesn't mean squat. He's been an EXCELLENT special teams coordinator, he knows the game, and is successful at what he does.

He still covers the Jets and discusses strategy with the coaches for Chrissakes.

There just may be a reason why he's never been hired as a HC. This is the same guy that chased Weatherford out of town who has been a very good punter for the giants while the Jets haven't had a good punter since. People around here whine about Rex being too soft. This guy is the opposite, he's too confrontational.

Archived