How furious do u think rex is right now?

jetsfan719

This is basically the dream defense he didn't have. Insane D Line, secondary revamped in one day. Just missing a solid olb.

Probably cursing woody out right about now lol. As much as it sucked idzik letting revis walk, it did allow us now to witness richardson, wilkerson, snacks with darelle revis.. So excited for this season. 

This is basically the dream defense he didn't have. Insane D Line, secondary revamped in one day. Just missing a solid olb.

Probably cursing woody out right about now lol. As much as it sucked idzik letting revis walk, it did allow us now to witness richardson, wilkerson, snacks with darelle revis.. So excited for this season.

Fukk REX..... He can trade for Sanchez.

I always did want to see how revis and Sheldon would look together on Defense

Well he didn't really land in a bad spot either, he is taking over an excellent defense in Buffalo.  However, he also has a part in a stupid move with the McCoy trade and extension, so I don't know what he would've done here.  

He should be. Idzik should have done this last season. 

Idzik is the devil. He killed Rex and gave the Patriots the final piece that put them over the top at the same exact time.

Pretty much this 

He should be. Idzik should have done this last season. 

Idzik is the devil. He killed Rex and gave the Patriots the final piece that put them over the top at the same exact time.

Mac Daddy is competent enough to know that a Bowles/Rex defense needs cornerbacks.  So, he went out and got the job done.  The Jets were never going to go into the 2015 season without upgrading the position big time.

What will make John Idzik one of the best GM's in Jets history?

He got Rex Ryan fired.

SAR I

What will make John Idzik one of the best GM's in Jets history?

He got Rex Ryan fired.

SAR I

That's definitely a plus that Idzik has going for him.

He's still one of the worst decision makers we've ever had come through this franchise, but he deserves some credit, I guess, for being so bad that it necessitated a the total house-cleaning that the franchise had been needing for over a decade.

Ryan should be pretty happy, actually. If he wasn't fired he wouldn't have that 5-year deal from Buffalo. He doesn't need another job after that.

Had we added all this talent and still finished 8-8 or worse with him who knows it's not a sure thing anyone would have hired him in that capacity ever again. 

Privately, he can claim to be pissed all he wants. In reality the timing couldn't have worked out better for him.

If Mac was his GM instead of Idzik he'd probably still be the HC of the NYJ.

Oh well, I'm excited for the Bowles era. He is also very creative with his defenses and should get plenty out of the talent he was to work with. Can't wait for the 2015 season!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That's definitely a plus that Idzik has going for him.

He's still one of the worst decision makers we've ever had come through this franchise, but he deserves some credit, I guess, for being so bad that it necessitated a the total house-cleaning that the franchise had been needing for over a decade.

In the same bizzarro universe that the Jets live in, yes, it's a tremendous positive that only came from a tremendous negative.

SAR I

Just missing a solid olb.

Which they will get with the sixth pick in the draft. Rex always wanted a premiere pass rusher and reached for guys like Coples to fill that role. In one year Maccagnan will have rebuilt the team in Rex's image. The clown prince has left for Buffalo, while the Jets now have professional, adults running the organization. Mac will draft Randy Gregory or Vic Beasley to give the Jets the pass rusher Rex always wanted.....but never got. 

Stephon gilmore is better than Revis and is being told that on a daily basis.  All buffalo dlineman are being told they are hofers that are going to smack the jets in the mouth. 

Rex will make them all LB's and run the ameoba defense with no down linemen. That out to make Williams happy.

I was slightly concerned about Rex going to Buffalo. I think he was a terrible coach here, but switching teams... reevaluating yourself and your coaching style. I thought he may have opened his eyes to some of his flaws.

Then he goes and GUARNTEED McCoy 25 carries a game. Even if it was touches and not carries it shows who and what he is. He never has and never will create a culture of accountability. You earn your touches, no matter who you are. rex just showed McCoy and his whole team that what you do on the field has no effect on your status. Just like Eric Smih, Bart Scott, Sanchez, Geno......

I was slightly concerned about Rex going to Buffalo. I think he was a terrible coach here, but switching teams... reevaluating yourself and your coaching style. I thought he may have opened his eyes to some of his flaws.

Then he goes and GUARNTEED McCoy 25 carries a game. Even if it was touches and not carries it shows who and what he is. He never has and never will create a culture of accountability. You earn your touches, no matter who you are. rex just showed McCoy and his whole team that what you do on the field has no effect on your status. Just like Eric Smih, Bart Scott, Sanchez, Geno......

and yet not a peep out of Bowles.......you gotta love that!

Archived