3rd Round Pick!

prime21

I would be shocked if we took a running back in the 2nd round so I want one in the 3rd round.  Waiting until the 4th should not be an option.

Duke Johnson or Ameer Abdullah.

Yes I know people will say Coleman ...blah blah blah but one of the names above will give us the Regge Bush type player on offense that we need and will help our below average QB.    

#DUKEorAMEERinGreen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd definitely be on board with either Johnson or Abdullah in the third. Could be a nice marriage of BPA and need. Hopefully they finally have success at the running back position - Jets don't have a lot to show from their recent 3rd/4th round RB selections.

I'm betting the signing of Ridley means we aren't drafting a back, I don't know why people think it's a given.

What would bilal's workload be if we drafted a back? Also Powell can catch out of the backfield, just because he isn't spiller doesn't mean we need a back.

If we didn't have Powell then I could see duke Johnson being a great pick

Coleman or Abdulla would be a good pick in round 3. I think they both go in round 2 though along with either Duke Johnson or Jay Ajayi. Arizona and Dallas both need to take RB in round 2 neither team can afford to wait as they have a dire need and missed out on the two top prospects, Baltimore might look at RB in round 2 and NE could look for one also. I think there will be a run on RBs at the end of the round but you cant reach for one in round 2 with the talent that is still left on the board in the early portion tonight.

I would be shocked if we took a running back in the 2nd round so I want one in the 3rd round.  Waiting until the 4th should not be an option.

Yes I know people will say Coleman ...blah blah blah but one of the names above will give us the Regge Bush type player on offense that we need and will help our below average QB.    

#DUKEorAMEERinGreen

The exclamation point in the thread title made me think there was some news about our upcoming 3rd round pick, or that we'd just acquired another 3rd rounder in a trade. You scumbag. I'll get you.

!

I'm betting the signing of Ridley means we aren't drafting a back, I don't know why people think it's a given.

What would bilal's workload be if we drafted a back? Also Powell can catch out of the backfield, just because he isn't spiller doesn't mean we need a back.

If we didn't have Powell then I could see duke Johnson being a great pick

Sort of like having Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples means they won't draft Williams right?

Ridley means squat in their 3 year plan.

#DUKEorAMEERinGreen

Especially since I'm pretty sure we don't even have a 4th rounder this year.

The 2 position groups I am targeting here are OLB and OL.

But if Duke Johnson is there, sure, take him.  I think he's a good back even though there are already 3 good backs here in Ivory, Powell, and Ridley. Not to mention Daryl Richardson. Would be a crowded backfield for sure.

Gotta wonder if Randy Gregory makes it that far..

Sort of like having Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples means they won't draft Williams right?

Ridley means squat in their 3 year plan.

Neither duke or ameer grade out to be the top prospect of the draft, Williams was a fluke.

You won't find him in next years draft.

There will be plenty of running backs next year, when we will actually need one and have all 7 picks

I agree, think 3rd round is a good spot to get our RB. I'm a big fan of David Johnson from Northern Iowa. Could possibly be had in 4th, dunno.

Runs way to high, will get killed in the NFL, looks more like a slot WR then a RB.

Archived