Hoyer visiting the Jets today

BroadwayJets

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I'm honest here, after I read what Houston fans said about Hoyer I will be very very very disappointed if he ends up under center here.  

This is big league stuff and Mac had better get this one right. 

This is what fans do when a player leaves.  Chicago fans killed Marshall, blamed him for all their issues.  Whoever gets Mo would feel the same way as you do if they came to conclusions about him off of reading fan posts here.  

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I'm honest here, after I read what Houston fans said about Hoyer I will be very very very disappointed if he ends up under center here.  

For real.  If we're going QB in round 1 (which I'd love to see), but don't want to send a rookie or Petty out there right away.....we already have a sacrificial lamb in Geno on the roster.  And I despise Geno.  But he's a better option than Brian Hoyer, which says a lot about Hoyer.

It's going to happen.  This is a business. Fitz has priced himself out of the range that Jets want to spend.  They'll get Hoyer on the cheap and have him compete with Geno and Petty for the starting job this season.  

1 minute ago, bmd71 said:

It's going to happen.  This is a business. Fitz has priced himself out of the range that Jets want to spend.  They'll get Hoyer on the cheap and have him compete with Geno and Petty for the starting job this season.  

Yup.  I really don't get why people are upset about this.

Fitz wants a starting QB deal that will likely lock us into him for multiple seasons.  I totally get why people are upset Fitz might not be starting for us in 2016, but does anyone really want him starting for us in 2017?  Because, that's pretty much what you're signing up for if you give Fitz the kind of deal he seems to want.

As far as I'm concerned, get Hoyer on the same kind of deal you gave Fitz last year, and keep working on finding a guy you actually want to start in 2017.

21 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Houston fans also hated Fitz, calling him "sh*tzpatrick". 

20 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I'd rather have the trashbag fitz that our top receivers like over a trashbag that they don't know

Our WR, Brandon Marshall, was LOVING Geno last year before camp. Then Geno got hurt and he LOVED Fitz. If the Jets sign Hoyer, he will LOVE Hoyer. You noticing a pattern here? These guys will always defend THEIR guy, until THEIR guy is no longer THE guy. 

I am no fan of Hoyer, but the same people saying Hoyer isn't the answer were saying the same about Fitz last year. The fact is that neither are the answer. Both are marginal players that could succeed with the talent the Jets have on offense. 

Just now, #bman said:

Geno is starting QB in 2016. Get used to the idea now. Geno leads us to 10-6. First round playoff loss. We go with Petty in 2017.

If geno led us to 10-6 with that schedule and the playoffs they won't be letting him walk in 2017 to start petty lol

I don't want Hoyer. 

He has all of the weaknesses of Fitz, with none of the strengths.

Fitz has limitations, but what works about him is that he has known this offense most of his career, he gets the ball out almost as quickly as Brady, and he holds the respect of his teammates, statistically he's actually not as bad with the deep passes as fans would want you to believe either... but he can be erratic as hell.

So, imagine now none of the positive stuff happening in between the erratic spells = Brian Hoyer.

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For real.  If we're going QB in round 1 (which I'd love to see), but don't want to send a rookie or Petty out there right away.....we already have a sacrificial lamb in Geno on the roster.  And I despise Geno.  But he's a better option than Brian Hoyer, which says a lot about Hoyer.

The Jets could draft a QB in round one, sign Hoyer, and then still come to the same conclusion you have - and cut Hoyer before the season starts. They need that fourth QB in camp, anyway, might as well be a guy who can at least compete. 

Well if we sign him at least we'll know if the Fitz haters are right. If Fitz is that terrible and such a choker, Hoyer should pass for at least 35 TD's and get us into the playoffs. He'd have Marshall, Decker, Amaro, Forte, plus whoever we draft.

You guys are smart, so I'm sure you'll be right. 

24 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets could draft a QB in round one, sign Hoyer, and then still come to the same conclusion you have - and cut Hoyer before the season starts. They need that fourth QB in camp, anyway, might as well be a guy who can at least compete. 

This is the only way I'm not completely depressed entering the season with Hoyer on the roster.

I could take either him or Geno being thrown out there so long as Lynch or even Cook were waiting in the wings.

If we start the season with Hoyer as starter and Geno as backup I'll be driving the Bryce Petty Bus in August. 

Be prepared.  This is happening.  He's going to come in, fresh off playoff berth, with an above .500 winning percentage, he's going to ask for 6-8mil, he was the Jets preference over Fitz last season, the Jets clearly arent sold on Fitz, he gives them a veteran presence and he's going to get an offer and never leave NY. 

Brian Hoyer is going to be the starting QB of the NY Jets.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Sure, but what did Houston fans say about Fitz two years ago?

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure, but what did Houston fans say about Fitz two years ago?

yep people forget fitz was asked to leave by everybody he played for-hoyer is actually better than fitz which some will soon see-he had some good games with some awful teams

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And lamb.

Archived