**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 2 + 3 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost two full years younger than Floyd and arguably more productive, just doesn't look as good in shorts. Has the bulk and length Bowles is looking for. This team had a massive hole at OLB across from Mauldin. Jenkins is a plug and play guy. This is better than I expected in the third round by a mile. Pretend we took him in the second and Hackenberg in the third and I feel a little better about things.

2 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

This guy is a football player vs an athletic specimen/workout wonder.  Young guy to replace Pace in setting the edge.  Great fit and great value in the 3rd.

Fully agree. I love the pick.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I cannot feel supportive of this pick.  

Guys a barely adequate, mostly failed, College QB.  We had a Pro-style, ready to go, solid winner of a guy in Cook available, and we take the guy everyone had the most doubts about because he sucked recently without his QB Coach safety blanket.

It's a done deal now, Mo is staying, Fitz is gone.  Ok, Mo is good, Fitz gone, fine.

But we're rolling with: Geno Smith - Petty - Hackenburg is our QB future.  And Christ wept.

I try real hard to understand what our FO is thinking, and it's clear Macc had a huge hardon for Hack, but this one....this one boggles my mind.  Hackenburg is not the answer at QB IMO, and a 2nd is too much to spend on a guy who is clearly not an answer.  

Because our 2nd round picks have been lighting it up over the last 5 years. WTF! We need a f*cking QB! Macc didn't put all his eggs in one basket so he took a HUGE need in the 1st with Lee, and he got the QB he wanted in the 2nd! All I here in this thread is the word VALUE. Well you just got your value pick. I doubt Chan even watched any of his tape you f*cking morons, lol. Much better pick than moving up to take 16 college games Sanchez. Might not work but f*ck all u Jet fans, this organization needs to take some crazy azz stabs. Go Macc, go Christian, go Jets!!!! Fingers crossed!

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jenkins pick reminds me of the Mauldin pick.

You're saying this years 3rd round LB pick reminds you of last years 3rd round LB pick? 

You should do this like.... professionally and stuff.

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Why do you want to get rid of such a productive and talented player? I personally hope we eventually sign him long term and he retires as a Jet?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Because at this point he's a one year rental, and at most we're getting a 3rd rd comp pick next year at the end of the 3rd rd.  He's not worth what he's asking for to us (or for most of the NFL at this point).

1 minute ago, Pac said:

You're saying this years 3rd round LB pick reminds you of last years 3rd round LB pick? 

You should do this like.... professionally and stuff.

the scouting report, yes ... when everyone bitched about Mauldin last year and I praised the pick... he reminds me of that guy

what i'm saying is... i think Mac as a "type"

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Almost two full years younger than Floyd and arguably more productive, just doesn't look as good in shorts. Has the bulk and length Bowles is looking for. This team had a massive hole at OLB across from Mauldin. Jenkins is a plug and play guy. This is better than I expected in the third round by a mile. Pretend we took him in the second and Hackenberg in the third and I feel a little better about things.

This is exactly what the Jets did!!!

8 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This is a great pick. Guys, listen you can't complain that our strong d-line is wasted on old, slow linebackers, and then when the team instantly upgrades the unit to young and fast then bitch about it.

Oh yeah well jjjjjust watch!!!!

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't wanna hire defensive coaches anymore.

So, for the entire year we all complained about our lack of speed at LB. Here we had a very good secondary, very good Dline, but every freaking time a guy slipped past, or took a swing pass we all watched in horror because we had NO ONE who could close.

Looks like Mo will be back, this defense is gonna be nasty! Jets have to find a way to start out at 500 through the 1st 6 games. This defense will be awesome down the stretch as these young guys start to get comfortable.

Because at this point he's a one year rental, and at most we're getting a 3rd rd comp pick next year at the end of the 3rd rd.  He's not worth what he's asking for to us (or for most of the NFL at this point).

One of the best players in the NFL is not worth it?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

This is the first pick I like. It just sucks because they messed up the first two so badly that not even this one can make up for it. 

I beg to differ. We selected two LB's. One that is a versatile type and the other who IMO may be a David Harris type player. The QB is the continued em search for the chosen one. We have to keep searching for him.

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

watt was franchised then signed a few months later.  mo is the teams best young player, they should keep him

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This is a great pick. Guys, listen you can't complain that our strong d-line is wasted on old, slow linebackers, and then when the team instantly upgrades the unit to young and fast then bitch about it.

Unit isn't fast. Lee was a great pick, young and fast. Jenkins is not fast, ran close to a 4.8

Archived