Would you trade any one Jets player straight up for Odell Beckham?

T0mShane

Would you trade any one Jets player for Odell Beckham?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade any one Jets player for Odell Beckham?

If the Giants called and said, "give us [whoever] for Odell Beckham," do you make that deal? I would. Leonard Williams and Mo Wilkerson are our only two league-premium players, and both of these guys can be replaced by putting Sheldon back into action. 

OBJ plays with passion and a chip on his shoulder.  He has the ability to win a game by himself.

No player on the Jets' roster fits both of those descriptions. B-Marsh is the closest thing but he is not OBJ.  Leo and Wilk are good, but by no means special enough to change games.

Yes. 

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

We are pretty set at WR but without a QB to throw to him...

We are?  Decker could be out for the year who stepped up to replace him on Sunday currently we have Marshall (knee injured) and Enunwa thats far from set. 

Without a QB nothing else matters. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We are?  Decker could be out for the year who stepped up to replace him on Sunday currently we have Marshall (knee injured) and Enunwa thats far from set. 

We have a ton of depth at WR (some still young) - we are clearly not winning the SB this year. So Decker/Marshall injury isn't relevant. Giving up a future great player for a temporary fix in a year where we are not going to do anything is a Tanny move. Next year, in addition to the guys we have, Devin will be coming back. Would rather trade/acquire OL, CB, Safety, LB or QB

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

We have a ton of depth at WR (some still young) - we are clearly not winning the SB this year. So Decker/Marshall injury isn't relevant. Giving up a future great player for a temporary fix in a year where we are not going to do anything is a Tanny move. Next year, in addition to the guys we have, Devin will be coming back. Would rather trade/acquire OL, CB, Safety, LB or QB

Im not so confident in Anderson,Peake,Devin smith or Jalin Marshall at this point and time

I would trade any of our players for Antonio Brown or Julio Jones (duh).

I would trade our first round pick for OBJ, hopefully it's not a top 10 pick but I think it would probably still be worth it for a proven offensive play maker like him

And I would trade any of our players for OBJ except the two that you mentioned, Wilk and Leonard. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Im not so confident in Anderson,Peake,Devin smith or Jalin Marshall at this point and time

fair enough, but many (including myself) wasn't confident in Q last year. Next year we should have Marshall/Decker/Q - still better than most areas of the team (other than DL); if 1 or 2 of Jalin/Peake/Anderson/Devin pan out - were are pretty much 'set'. Not worth trading a grade 'A' player to replace one of Marshall/Decker/Q - we trade for Odell, one of them is off the field....

I would be a little concerned about OBJ.  It seems like a lot of players play great with a great attitude as rookies, then gradually get more and more full of themselves / stupid.  In addition to our own Sheldon, it seems to be common with WRs.  Moss, TO, Josh Gordon.  Or maybe they're always stupid, but it's just overlooked when they're rookies...

6 minutes ago, no psls said:

One headache for another headache !!!

the unicorn is looking for a big contract and he is playing like a jag.  trade him now before you lose him and get nothing or god forbid give him big dollars

beckham gets ridiculous separation and just needs to spend time with bmarsh, he has been there done that

In terms of raw talent, we have no one on our roster that is his equal.  Maybe Williams, but I don't think quite at that level.

In terms of performance, we have only Wilk who is anywhere near that good.

OBJ is ridiculous.  He catches everything, he has incredible moves, he's open on almost every playand he is freakishly good physically.

The recent media bs will pass as soon as he torches the next team, likely within the next week.

would I like him on the team?  Obviously...

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

One doesn't pull off blockbuster trades purely in the interest of the current season. Not while one is sitting at 1-3 without a starting QB. This would be a trade for the future, of course. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If the Giants called and said, "give us [whoever] for Odell Beckham," do you make that deal? I would. Leonard Williams and Mo Wilkerson are our only two league-premium players, and both of these guys can be replaced by putting Sheldon back into action. 

I don't think we have anyone they'd move in a single player-for-player trade.

However if they had any serious thoughts of moving on from their most talented player, I think we could make a compelling offer with a 2-for-1. One of the DE/DT guys plus Brandon Marshall (obviously Willliams being the only one I'd back out of in that 2-fer). Right now, with them as contenders due to their easier path, would it be that nutty for them if we paired Sheldon and Marshall? The two of them combined are not even bank-breakers either. Richardson is like $1.3M for the rest of this season plus he's locked in at $8M next year. Marshall is $7M the rest of the way this year and $7.5M next year. From that, you erase OBJ from their books ($1M this yr and $1.8M next year): net cap charges are roughly $7M this year and $14M next year. But they wouldn't be doing it for cap savings (obviously). For them it would be to give them a more realistic shot this year and next.

Willliams and Marshall, sorry that's too much for this head case no matter how talented he is. Before long he'll need a new contract and so will Sheldon, and we're already locked in to Mo's. I don't see carrying 3 major contracts like that simultaneously. Then if we're stupid-lucky a year after that the great Bryce Petty would be in line for a new contract and if he's worth a damn he'll command more than $12M himself. Williams has 2 more "cheap" years left in him than Sheldon, so that could work carrying all 3 of them. By the time Williams + Petty extensions hit their meat years 4-5 seasons from now, we could very well be looking into replacing Mo anyhow so it wouldn't matter.

Anyway, ludicrous as this is, it makes for interesting discussion. Thanks for this 5 minute break from Jets reality.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Who's going to throw to him? 

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right! Like Percy Harvin! (Sorry)

I hate you.

Anyway, that wasn't a blockbuster trade. We gave up a 6th rounder that could only go as high as a 4th if we kept him past March 1st. Hardly the equivalent of trading the likes of the best young player on our roster.

Archived