NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Tannenbaum love is second only to Herm love as it relates to Jets fans proving they're morons.

A long line of Jets QBs feel very discriminated against by this post.  One of them may very well be looking to obtain another new "comeback" award on this particular matter.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forte imo was underused as a receiver. I thought it was a good signing and think in a run based short pass offense he could be a factor. If Cutler then we also have a Qb with big play potential. If Anderson is our long threat then you have to think he will be improved. Same goes for Devin Smith. He could be a surprise player for the Jets this year if they use him the right way. 

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

First, neither would come here. Second both are old backs coming off injuries.

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Looks at Matt Forte... looks at this response.... Looks at Matt Forte again.

50 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In fairness I don't see why the fact that Matt Forte was a bad signing changes the fact that signing AD or Charles makes zero sense.

Forte came here, regardless of it being the Jets, and was coming off an injury. And he happens to be the same class of old stud RB, as the other two. Bad signing has nothing to do with the discussion points. Signing Rams cast-offs makes zero sense too. If you want a vet RB, at least get a guy worth the excitement.

47 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Powell outplayed Forte all season. Forte wasn't even very good last season, he also wasn't coming off a serious knee injury. This draft is loaded with rbs why would we sign Peterson or Charles.

Forte was a beast the first 4 months. Then, Fitz fell apart, and so did the OL, while the OC ran him up the gut - which he has NEVER been good at his whole career. Powell was a nice spark, but Forte was also utilized wrong. I have been one of Powell's biggest chearleaders for 3 years. Regardless, your point was that a old stud coming off injury wouldn't come here.

That's exactly what Forte did. It diproves both of your points, regardless of where you want to redirect the argument.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Forte came here, regardless of it being the Jets, and was coming off an injury. And he happens to be the same class of old stud RB, as the other two. Bad signing has nothing to do with the discussion points. Signing Rams cast-offs makes zero sense too. If you want a vet RB, at least get a guy worth the excitement.

Forte was a beast the first 4 months. Then, Fitz fell apart, and so did the OL, while the OC ran him up the gut - which he has NEVER been good at his whole career. Powell was a nice spark, but Forte was also utilized wrong. I have been one of Powell's biggest chearleaders for 3 years. Regardless, your point was that a old stud coming off injury wouldn't come here.

That's exactly what Forte did. It diproves both of your points, regardless of where you want to redirect the argument.

Forte was also coming to a team that won 10 games the year before and a fringe playoff team. This team has been dismantled and AP and Charles are looking for 2 things: one last pay day and a contender. I don't think the Jets will fit either criteria this coming year. 

Ya he came here after we were coming off a good season. Not after a sh*t show we had last season.

Sent from my LG-H910 using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah the Forte thing, we go hard after one of the best pass catching backs out there and then take him out on 3rd downs.  Now Powell did a gin job in that regard but if that was the plann we should have gone after a better pure runner than fortee

8 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Forte was also coming to a team that won 10 games the year before and a fringe playoff team. This team has been dismantled and AP and Charles are looking for 2 things: one last pay day and a contender. I don't think the Jets will fit either criteria this coming year. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ya he came here after we were coming off a good season. Not after a sh*t show we had last season.

Sent from my LG-H910 using JetNation.com mobile app

Irrelevant.

He came here because we gave him the best contract. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah the Forte thing, we go hard after one of the best pass catching backs out there and then take him out on 3rd downs.  Now Powell did a gin job in that regard but if that was the plann we should have gone after a better pure runner than fortee

We did, in Khiry Robinson, but he keeps breaking his leg.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We did, in Khiry Robinson, but he keeps breaking his leg.

He been done I said this last year when we signed him ..  just like Steven Ridley was done ..

Mac has a thing for injury prone running backs who will never regain form again. And bias fans have a thing for acting like these guys are gonna be anything else than the shell they have become . 

Cant wait too see what Washed up running back we sign this year .

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He been done I said this last year when we signed him ..  just like Steven Ridley was done ..

Mac has a thing for injury prone running backs who will never regain form again. And bias fans have a thing for acting like these guys are gonna be anything else than the shell they have become . 

Cant wait too see what Washed up running back we sign this year .

I don't see the sense in bringing any FA RB in this offseason. We're already committed to about $10M for Forte/Powell. Use a late round pick on an RB to fill out the roster. 

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Irrelevant.

He came here because we gave him the best contract. 

If you read my criteria I mentioned one last pay day along with contending. I gave my opinion that I don't think the Jets will fit that. We have money in Forte and Powell and have a lot of holes with the releases. 

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

I don't see the sense in bringing any FA RB in this offseason. We're already committed to about $10M for Forte/Powell. Use a late round pick on an RB to fill out the roster. 

Forte should not see one carry.  Draft a talented rb early and get rid of forte.  What is he still doing on this team?

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Forte should not see one carry.  Draft a talented rb early and get rid of forte.  What is he still doing on this team?

Better option going forward :

Cook in the 1st

Mixon in the 2nd

Kamara in the 3rd

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I like mixon in rnd 3.

So do I, but I don't think he gets anywhere near the 3rd round . His skill set is too good and keeping him out of round 1 is going to be punishment enough .  His workout #s were better than any RB at the combines .

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Anything on mangold? He seems ike a day 3 guy, but no visits or rumors?

Only reports I had seen were a couple of days ago that teams were calling him up about a possible switch to guard, but he was looking to stay at center.  It might be a matter of him needing to agree to make that move, or waiting it out for a while.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

So do I, but I don't think he gets anywhere near the 3rd round . His skill set is too good and keeping him out of round 1 is going to be punishment enough .  His workout #s were better than any RB at the combines .

Could you imagine if Baltimore drafted him?

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Mixon would be a steal in the 3rd round. This is guy that will punch defenders right in the f*cking face if he has too. Fantastic straight arm.

26 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Only reports I had seen were a couple of days ago that teams were calling him up about a possible switch to guard, but he was looking to stay at center.  It might be a matter of him needing to agree to make that move, or waiting it out for a while.

txs.  I'm holding out hope he retires, comes back as a jet or joins a good NFC team I can root for, lol

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Pryor to Redskins 1 year 8 mill per Rappaport on NFL network.

He's better than both desean and garcon. Skins also have Josh doctson. I love the dumb media acting like the skins screwed up in free agency. They may be better and younger at wr next year.

Of course they've butchered the cousins situation but that's a separate issue. 

Archived