FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And when they finally pick up the phone to call Bridgewater will already be inking his deal as a backup elsewhere because the thought of playing for the Jets with their talent level is extremely unappealing, and bad for his career, and also because he knows he would probably end up being the backup to a 1st round QB they draft by week 6 the latest.

The Jets better ink McCown before somebody else does for their sake, thou I’m personally hoping by the time Cousins ends his visit with Minny, and finally makes the signing official that Bridgewater, McCarron, McCown, and any other QB worth anything is all signed forcing Todd Bowles to play whatever rookie QB Macc hands him.

I think you mean whichever QB is left after all the QB-needy teams out maneauver Macc in the draft.

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Bridge is light years a better option than drafting Allen at 6 or resigning McClown. There are other prospects worth drafting like Lauletta, Falk, Jackson, Rudolph. Mac would have to trade up to get Mayfield and it’s just not in his DNA. 

The guy has not played in two years essentially and was not great when he did play.  He is a far worse option than mccwon imo and that is a horrifying thing to say.  (I hope none of the anti Bradford crew are okay with Bridgewater.)

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

dude.

if they miss on Cousins they are re-signing McCown and drafting a QB at 6 or moving up.  That is an acceptable solution.

If Macc only signs McCown and Teddy and ignores QB in the 1st round he will not last the year.  He knows this.

Why would this year be any different than last? He ignored the position last year and got an extension.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

dude.

if they miss on Cousins they are re-signing McCown and drafting a QB at 6 or moving up.  That is an acceptable solution.

If Macc only signs McCown and Teddy and ignores QB in the 1st round he will not last the year.  He knows this.

To me McCown is not an acceptable solution. I've been a big defender of Macc and Bowles as well. But going with McCown even if they draft a QB at 6 doesn't work for me. I want a better option in the present than McCown. I'd much rather this team sign Bridgewater, draft a QB in the first round and gamble that Bridgewater's knee is healthy instead of going back to McCown next season with a rookie QB and virtually sacrificing another season from a win-loss perspective.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just went from a Macc supporter to a Macc hater all in two days. I can’t stand watching all the players settle with teams and we can’t even overpay ONE to sign with us. Now Cousins is likely gone(as I suspected would happen).

TRADE UP OR GET FIRED.

Welcome aboard. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The guy has not played in two years essentially and was not great when he did play.  He is a far worse option than mccwon imo and that is a horrifying thing to say.  (I hope none of the anti Bradford crew are okay with Bridgewater.)

Eh seeing Keenum get $18M makes me think Teddy will get $15M or so. I am all for pinching pennies and spending elsewhere but if Bridgewater has the .05% chance to be a franchise QB it isn't the worst move. We know McCown's days in the league are numbered, they just better not rely on Teddy to be the guy.

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

If we just have to have a veteran qb, I’d prefer Mccown to Bridgewater

With Bowles having Bridgewater, we might never see our drafted qb

You're pretending like its a given that the jets will draft a QB if they sign either or both

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

To me McCown is not an acceptable solution. I've been a big defender of Macc and Bowles as well. But going with McCown even if they draft a QB at 6 doesn't work for me. I want a better option in the present than McCown. I'd much rather this team sign Bridgewater, draft a QB in the first round and gamble that Bridgewater's knee is healthy instead of going back to McCown next season with a rookie QB and virtually sacrificing another season from a win-loss perspective.

great way to get woody to fire bowles, draft mayfield, resign mccown, watch bowles play mccown all year.  fans go nuts.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

4 years in a row with the one of the oldest loser QB's in the NFL as your starter cannot and should not happen. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's an upside signing if it happens. obviously have to draft a QB at 6 or higher as well.

If he turns out to be back and healthy and play well, cool. You got a good QB at 25 plus a rookie. If not, you move on to the Rookie. 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just went from a Macc supporter to a Macc hater all in two days. I can’t stand watching all the players settle with teams and we can’t even overpay ONE to sign with us. Now Cousins is likely gone(as I suspected would happen).

TRADE UP OR GET FIRED.

Welcome to two years ago and the right side of history. The man is ineffective at his job. This organization is run by incompetence. 

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

well if they miss out on Cousins, that means they got to go for it in the draft.  heaven help us if they trade up to get Josh Allen.

That's the worst case scenario that really has a realistic chance of happening. If you had to chalk up how to tank a franchise for 3 years, that's probably how you draw it up. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

great way to get woody to fire bowles, draft mayfield, resign mccown, watch bowles play mccown all year.  fans go nuts.

That's what will happen. Except idk about the firing. But if McCown is on this roster with a rookie QB, you know it will be it least until week 10 until we see the rookie. It would take an injury to McCown to see the rookie sooner. The idea that McCown will start the first month of the season and then we'd transition to the rookie is something I simply don't believe. Bowles would play McCown and say "he gives us the best chance to win". 

If McCown didn't get hurt last year, we most likely never even see Petty...

Archived