Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

1 minute ago, derp said:

I like drafting these guys late. Seems like there’s a high probability of success because the defensive coaching staff is solid and there’s talent around them.

i got the Shepherd pick because the value was good and there was a need...but the Anderson trade and Fatukasi pick would’ve been sufficient.

Offense early, defense late should’ve been the play.

Hopefully next year is all offense. I’ve been saying this for years. But now they really need to support the franchise quarterback.

Nah they’ll go back and draft like 3 safties, 2 cb‘s and a kicker

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In these rounds its a crap shoot.  You can't get a shot at getting better if you don't draft anybody of that position.  Its quite simple really.
Chances are stacked against players this late in the draft. It hurts your odds of hitting on them more of you are reaching to fill needs. Also if you are drafting for need in the sixth you failed at free agency

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Non Jets fans seem to really like the Jets picks.

Jets fans don't agree

Because everyone here thinks they have the capability of running a NFL franchise team. So we take a couple DTs and people start to cry like 3 year olds. Let’s not act like the Eagles just won the Super Bowl with a dominant defensive line. 

People just like to bitch and bitch and bitch some more. Give me a ******* break. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I asked you because you mentioned it. Copping an attitude with me is childish. 

No. Posting like a 16 year old  kid like you are prone to do is childish.  Maybe you are 16 I guess.

Telling you to reference the vast wealth of information at your fingertips is hardly childish.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This reminds of houston when mac was there and they drafted carr.  Oh our oline is good enough.  Two years later they started drafting olin heavily after their franchise qb was ruined.

Indy draft luck and think the oline is good enough, his career is in jeopardy. 

Just stupid team building.

Draft a DT in the 3rd, trade for a dline, draft another DT. 

No RB's no OLine, no pass rushers.

Four drafts now and he has the QB but has never addressed oline, offensive weapon or pass rusher at all not even an effort

Relax go get a beer. We got stupid cash to spend next year in FA and a #1. RT, LT, G and an Edge rusher are the targets next year in FA. Maybe even a WR. Mac knows Darnold needs to be safe and he ain’t playing this year anyways so RELAX.

Truth is we have a windfall to go shopping AGAIN next year (and presumably no QB to worry about). Mac can very easily turn around and buy/draft a few more pieces for the OL if the guys they have don't work out. The DL has been re-fortified on the cheap. It's all about incremental building. It's not going to happen overnight.

you take away Sam Darnold -- and this is a horrific draft for the Jets who can't seem to figure out how to groom an offense.

Individually those players are fine. Collectively, for this team - it's horsesh*t. 

Macc doesn't know how to move the motherfcking needle.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Because everyone here thinks they have the capability of running a NFL franchise team. So we take a couple DTs and people start to cry like 3 year olds. Let’s not act like the Eagles just won the Super Bowl with a dominant defensive line. 

People just like to bitch and bitch and bitch some more. Give me a ******* break. 

Haven’t made the playoffs this decade. I have no idea why people would not be happy with the general direction of the team. I guess everyone should just love the team no matter what on this here internet message board and elephant walk around. 

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Truth is we have a windfall to go shopping AGAIN next year. Mac can very easily turn around and buy/draft a few more pieces for the OL if the guys they have don't work out. The DL has been re-fortified on the cheap. It's all about incremental building. It's not going to happen overnight.

4 years isn’t overnight. He doesn’t deserve to spend any money next year. He deserves to be shown the door. 

Just now, BigO said:

Relax go get a beer. We got stupid cash to spend next year in FA and a #1. RT, LT, and G are the targets next year in FA. Mac knows Darnold needs to be safe and he ain’t playing this year anyways so RELAX.

Stupid cash means almost nothing because the real good players get resigned, or franchised or more attractive teams get them.

Did we get norwell?  Nope.  Was there any LT or really good pass rushers there?  Nope.

The guys that shake free in fa are guys from lesser premium positions such as S and ILB.

Mac was part of the front office that drafted and then david carr get killed.  Building the oilne 2 years after your qb has been crushed is not smart football.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

you take away Sam Darnold -- and this is a horrific draft for the Jets who can't seem to figure out how to groom an offense.

Individually those players are fine. Collectively, for this team - it's horsesh*t. 

Macc doesn't know how to move the motherfcking needle.

Why are you surprised ? 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No. Posting like a 16 year old  kid like you are prone to do is childish.  Maybe you are 16 I guess.

Telling you to reference the vast wealth of information at your fingertips is hardly childish.

Posting like a 16 year old kid? I asked you a question and you gave me a snide response. I like to think the majority of the time I post in a logical and sensible manner.

No, I’m not 16. Are you? Because you seem highly offended over something that is hardly a reason to be offended over.

12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Because 6th round offensive lineman are going to make a difference?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Bowles can't make a difference on defense with how many 1st rd draft picks . I knew once we went QB in the 1st the remainder of the draft would be skewed toward defense. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

Stupid cash means almost nothing because the real good players get resigned, or franchised or more attractive teams get them.

Did we get norwell?  Nope.  Was there any LT or really good pass rushers there?  Nope.

The guys that shake free in fa are guys from lesser premium positions such as S and ILB.

Mac was part of the front office that drafted and then david carr get killed.  Building the oilne 2 years after your qb has been crushed is not smart football.

We are much much much much much more desirable today than 3 days ago. Much much much much much more.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Posting like a 16 year old kid? I asked you a question and you gave me a snide response. I like to think the majority of the time I post in a logical and sensible manner.

No, I’m not 16. Are you? Because you seem highly offended over something that is hardly a reason to be offended over.

Ok, kid.  

Just now, Beerfish said:

And what is your premise for this exactly other than blind hope? 

Logic. We improved the center from last year by leaps and bounds so that will affect the play of the other two guards. Also Winters was playing injured last year. He should be back to where he was 2 years ago

We all watched all the games last year.  Maybe it was Wilkerson, maybe it was more than that, but to me the DL played worse than the OL.  We had some run game and our pass protection was average.  We had NO QB pressure of any note from the DL and the run D dropped off quite a bit from the prior year.  JMO...

Archived