Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We want the team to take a flyer on oline or pass rusher or speed offensive weapons.  People keep saying 6th round is crap shoot and where you take a chance.  After 4 years we seem to like to take a chance on defense all the time.  Two cbs in the 6th round last year, we draft another cb this year, we use fa $ to get our string cbs. 

We use three resouces on the dline this year.  We have at least one stud player in williams there.

We want some balance.

THis is not a balanced league. You either invest in OL to protect the QB or DL to try and knock the snot out of the other QB. The Jets  have gone the latter route

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Getting Darnold was great.  But there's other picks that are hugely important, because that's where you start to build around that franchise QB.  And 6th and 7th-string corners and DL are the worst way to try to do that.  

This draft should have been 90 % offense.  

Mccagnan is like the guy who goes to the mall needing jeans and a button down shirt and comes back with sweat pants, a thong and a batting helmet and brags how little he paid for them.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty much

Most of the quality OL were already off the board before we even went on the clock in the 3rd round.

Pretty much the whole OL draft after Nelson and McGlinchey were selected has me floored. From Ragnow, Price and Wynn all going in the Top 25, guys like Corbett going early 2nd, etc.

I hope that's comforting next year when Darnold gets his ACL torn when crushed from both sides due to this sub-par and porous O-Line.

But hey, at least we got 18 new D Linemen!  Yay!

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

giphy (4).gif

I always love the draft day cycle of fun from fans like ol boy Larz here

Pre-draft: Stupid whiners! We can use this draft to rebuild.

During Draft (Part One): Stupid whiners! Why are you complaining about that pick. Look here this draft blogger says it’s good.

During Draft (Part Two): Stupid Whiners! This last super bowl team also fielded safeties/inside linebackers/defensive tackles.

Post Draft : Stupid Whiners! You can’t expect to fill every hole in one draft.

Face it, the Jets are a rebuilding team that had to pay a great deal to move up for their QB.  Not a lot was going to get fixed this year no matter who they picked.  OL is status-quo, no pass rusher, mediocre running backs, no legit number one receiver.  All of the meaningless wins really came back to bite us in the ass.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I guess it's okay for this front office to continuously draft QB's yet in 4 total drafts this front office has drafted a grand total of 2....TWO Olineman....both 5th round picks. Jarvis Harrison, who isnt even in the NFL and Brandon Shell, a guy who is still and unsure thing. 

I guess drafting arguably the best QB in the draft and putting him behind this offensive line is okay. 

PclGz7t.gif

You're telling folks to calm the hell down, yet you should be just as concerned when This Front Office has drafted 3 QB's in 4 years yet has invested nothing to protect them. Meanwhile, this Front office has literally invested 100's of millions as well as premium draft picks to the defensive side of the ball, primarily at the secondary and the defensive Line. 

Petty has been injured by this Oline, McCown has been injured behind this Oline and it was said that Hackenberg has to be coached up given the terrible offensive line and bad coaching at Penn St. Well, WTF do we call what this front office is doing? 

Telling folks to calm down because they want this team to invest in protecting their most prized asset is ridiculous. 

The problem with fans talking about OLine play is they never consider that a sack or

a bad play isn't the line's fault but the QB's fault.  A QB that doesn't understand what

he's seeing defensively will get himself killed and EVERYONE will say the line "sucks"

but it's not true.  OLine play can only be evaluated with tape and the rewind button

on the remote

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

During Draft (Part One): Stupid whiners! Why are you complaining about that pick. Look here this draft blogger says it’s good.

During Draft (Part Two): Stupid Whiners! This last super bowl team also fielded safeties/inside linebackers/defensive tackles.

The Jets are good because they do stuff that's good because the Jets do it.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

THis is not a balanced league. You either invest in OL to protect the QB or DL to try and knock the snot out of the other QB. The Jets  have gone the latter route

I dont even know where to start with this post other than to say you are completely wrong. 

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So this is a legitimate question for those who wanted an OL in those last 2 picks.

Those picks are probably right around where they picked Shell.  Most people don't seem to care for Shell, even though he's probably outperform his draft slot.  

So if you don't like Shell, but wanted an OL there, why?

Is this a bit?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I hope that's comforting next year when Darnold gets his ACL torn when crushed from both sides due to this sub-par and porous O-Line.

Lmaoo bro your so dramatic wtf.. McCown survived just fine behind the same Oline . 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Really, because spare CT Fatty -maybe?-none of these guys remotely profile as a pass rusher. So the point of picking all these JAGs over OL is? Bad enough Darnold is going to take hits from time to time. But he shouldn't have to take any more than necessary because these IDIOTS  think they can do the OL on the cheap. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I guess it's okay for this front office to continuously draft QB's yet in 4 total drafts this front office has drafted a grand total of 2....TWO Olineman....both 5th round picks. Jarvis Harrison, who isnt even in the NFL and Brandon Shell, a guy who is still and unsure thing. 

I guess drafting arguably the best QB in the draft and putting him behind this offensive line is okay. 

PclGz7t.gif

You're telling folks to calm the hell down, yet you should be just as concerned when This Front Office has drafted 3 QB's in 4 years yet has invested nothing to protect them. Meanwhile, this Front office has literally invested 100's of millions as well as premium draft picks to the defensive side of the ball, primarily at the secondary and the defensive Line. 

Petty has been injured by this Oline, McCown has been injured behind this Oline and it was said that Hackenberg has to be coached up given the terrible offensive line and bad coaching at Penn St. Well, WTF do we call what this front office is doing? 

Telling folks to calm down because they want this team to invest in protecting their most prized asset is ridiculous. 

I 100% understand this.  I was angry too at first.  The only thing I can think of which actually makes a little sense is in a perfect world, to me at least, Darnold doesn't play this season.  I hope he sits back and literally soaks everything up that McCown has to offer.  And it'll be a lot because McCown is loved and the mental part is there for him.  I HAVE  to believe that they have a plan with maybe when teams have to trim their rosters down maybe a good Tackle or a Center shake free.  It's happened before.

Also they're going to have the most money out of everyone to spend.  We now have our golden child at QB and players are going to want to be a part of what we're building here.  They can easily fill in the LT OLB and C positions with premiere impact players depending on who the FAs are next season.  We can also draft a LT or hopefully a WR1 in the draft next year.  

Every position doesn't have to be filled in this draft right now.  I was shocked and pissed they didn't go with Jamarco Jones or Crosby also.  I'm just going to let it play out and I'll be damned if this offensive line isn't a force to be reckoned with before they decide to put Darnold back there.  When I take a deeper look into it our offensive line right now isn't the worst in the world.  I would put it at average to slightly above average.

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Edge and Oline was 2 of thinnest positions in the draft . And yet y’all are mad because the jets aren’t reaching on them because of need ..  

How many D Lineman you plan for us to play next year?  We running a 5-0-6 Defense?  5 DLine, 6 DB's?

Personally, I'd like to see McCown, Bridge and especially Darnold actually protected, how bout you?

P.S. Keep the buttfumbles coming Homers.  I know ANY criticism or disagreement ruins your day, so be sure to show it via a Buttfumble!  We'll be sure to remind you of it next year when more QB's get hurt and we're lingering once again at the 28th to last rated Offense in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

This was a top heavy OL class with 95% of the quality going in the Top 65.

We sacrificed our 2nd rounders just for the faintest chance to land Darnold.

I ask again, what’s the point of spending draft picks on more Dakota Dozier’s or Jarvis Harrison’s right now?

None of these guys are supplanting any one of our starters as a rookie, if ever.

Just now, Warfish said:

How many D Lineman you plan for us to play next year?  We running a 5-0-6 Defense?  5 DLine, 6 DB's?

Personally, I'd like to see McCown, Bridge and especially Darnold actually protected, how bout you?

McCown had no issues having Career year. There aren’t many starting spots on the jets Oline to be had this year anyway . So it’s is what it’s is . This is poor Oline class and all the decent ones been gone . 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Blah blah blah you're act is tired and old. You don't know sh*t 

It's sunny out and 

DF85C9FC-8F3D-48A3-8956-21E179DDC24F.jpeg.9c6e29ec3522050588cee15da8551400.jpeg

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

This was a top heavy OL class with 95% of the quality going in the Top 65.

We sacrificed our 2nd rounders just for the faintest chance to land Darnold.

I ask again, what’s the point of spending draft picks on more Dakota Dozier’s or Jarvis Harrison’s right now?

None of these guys are supplanting any one of our starters as a rookie, if ever.

You're right, it's so much wiser to roster 142 mediocre D Linemen instead.  Super Unit!

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

McCown had no issues having Career year. There aren’t many starting spots on the jets Oline to be had this year anyway . So it’s is what it’s is . This is poor Oline class and all the decent ones been gone . 

Lol this was really a great O-line class....

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So this is a legitimate question for those who wanted an OL in those last 2 picks.

Those picks are probably right around where they picked Shell.  Most people don't seem to care for Shell, even though he's probably outperform his draft slot.  

So if you don't like Shell, but wanted an OL there, why?

That's why they wanted the Jets to draft an elite LT at pick 179. 

Archived