Stephan A Smith: Don’t Jinx Sam Darnold

Patriot Killa

Stephen A. Smith: Don’t Jinx Sam Darnold

There’s a warm fuzzy feeling around the Jets rookie QB at the moment. After flashing excellent potential during the Jets first pre-season game, Darnold received high praise from Redskins cornerback Josh Norman and received the majority of first team reps during a practice this week. Jets fans were impressed, the fans of opponents were impressed, but Stephen A. Smith doesn’t want to hear it.

The outspoken personality always has something to say and his latest was hilarious to watch due to the animation:

“I don’t want to hear excitement over pre-season, I don’t want to hear excitement over joint practices, I don’t want to hear excitement over something you saw at Florham Park. That doesn’t mean anything when it comes to these New York Jets. Not with their horrid history of providing one disappointment after another. I believe in Todd Bowles as the coach, I believe in Mike Maccagnan as the GM but dammit they can’t go out on the field and play”

“I don’t want to hear no more about Josh Norman’s comment applauding Sam Darnold, by the way, the same Sam Darnold who threw 13 interceptions last time we saw him throw a football and that was in college. I like Sam Darnold, some would argue he should have been the number one overall pick, I think he’s going to be pretty good, I’m hopeful, as long as you don’t jinx him”. 

I always find it funny that media personalities don’t want fans to engage in conversations around their favourite team based on what’s happening at the moment. Stephen doesn’t want you to talk about what you see in the pre-season, or what you see in practices, but surely the media depend on our opinions and our conversations, someone should remind Stephen it’s why he has a job in the first place.

If you watched the pre-season game and didn’t want to come away talking about Sam Darnold, I don’t understand you. He showed poise, he showed pocket awareness, he showed accuracy and touch and an ability to throw on the run. He was playing with backups against backups, so I don’t want to hear competition level. He was working with what he had and it was the individual components that looked so promising rather than the results.

Stephen A. doesn’t want to hear that positive atmosphere around the Jets at the moment. He’d rather we all sat around obsessing over what we haven’t done, rather than the path we’re on. However the hype train around Darnold is leaving the station and I’m firmly aboard, and I have to say...it’s started to look pretty crowded on here.

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

schmarmiest cocksukka ever did speak

I listened to him & Shannon Sharpe on my Sirius radio in the car one day, it was mind boggling listening to these 2 morons. I think I turned the radio & ABBA was on & I was relieved.

numbnuts

noun

US
informal
  • A fool, an idiot; a useless or inadequate person.

Definition of 'numbnuts'

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I listened to him & Shannon Sharpe on my Sirius radio in the car one day, it was mind boggling listening to these 2 morons. I think I turned the radio & ABBA was on & I was relieved.

You may not like how Shannon Sharpe speaks but he is far from being a moron and more often than not makes very good points.   Stephen A. on the other hand is a total waste.  

They all have a schtick, it’s the same one. It’s a competition who can create the most drama we all feed into to create ratings/revenue. You actually help them by talking about how much you hate them. 

Why doesnt everyone understand this?

That said Stephen’s characature is at least sorta humorous sometimes. Imo

30 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You may not like how Shannon Sharpe speaks but he is far from being a moron and more often than not makes very good points.   Stephen A. on the other hand is a total waste.  

Yeah, Sharpe is pretty good. He’s fair, he’s rational and he even comes off pretty intelligent.

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

They all have a schtick, it’s the same one. It’s a competition who can create the most drama we all feed into to create ratings/revenue. You actually help them by talking about how much you hate them. 

Why doesnt everyone understand this?

That said Stephen’s characature is at least sorta humorous sometimes. Imo

Yeah, he’s pretty funny sometimes. I don’t take anything he says to heart honestly, and I even agree on a decent percentage of what he says.

7 hours ago, HessStation said:

Oh that was probably offensive, sorry to all fat people abound 

Amazing pun. Intentional? Your response will determine whether you get a trophy reaction or butt fumble from me. 

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Stephen A. Smith: Don’t Jinx Sam Darnold

There’s a warm fuzzy feeling around the Jets rookie QB at the moment. After flashing excellent potential during the Jets first pre-season game, Darnold received high praise from Redskins cornerback Josh Norman and received the majority of first team reps during a practice this week. Jets fans were impressed, the fans of opponents were impressed, but Stephen A. Smith doesn’t want to hear it.

The outspoken personality always has something to say and his latest was hilarious to watch due to the animation:

“I don’t want to hear excitement over pre-season, I don’t want to hear excitement over joint practices, I don’t want to hear excitement over something you saw at Florham Park. That doesn’t mean anything when it comes to these New York Jets. Not with their horrid history of providing one disappointment after another. I believe in Todd Bowles as the coach, I believe in Mike Maccagnan as the GM but dammit they can’t go out on the field and play”

“I don’t want to hear no more about Josh Norman’s comment applauding Sam Darnold, by the way, the same Sam Darnold who threw 13 interceptions last time we saw him throw a football and that was in college. I like Sam Darnold, some would argue he should have been the number one overall pick, I think he’s going to be pretty good, I’m hopeful, as long as you don’t jinx him”. 

I always find it funny that media personalities don’t want fans to engage in conversations around their favourite team based on what’s happening at the moment. Stephen doesn’t want you to talk about what you see in the pre-season, or what you see in practices, but surely the media depend on our opinions and our conversations, someone should remind Stephen it’s why he has a job in the first place.

If you watched the pre-season game and didn’t want to come away talking about Sam Darnold, I don’t understand you. He showed poise, he showed pocket awareness, he showed accuracy and touch and an ability to throw on the run. He was playing with backups against backups, so I don’t want to hear competition level. He was working with what he had and it was the individual components that looked so promising rather than the results.

Stephen A. doesn’t want to hear that positive atmosphere around the Jets at the moment. He’d rather we all sat around obsessing over what we haven’t done, rather than the path we’re on. However the hype train around Darnold is leaving the station and I’m firmly aboard, and I have to say...it’s started to look pretty crowded on here.

Darnold's performance was in some ways transcendent last Thursday because it wasn't just a good performance. It wasn't a great or dominating performance either from a pure football standpoint. Instead it was a showcase of rare abilities that very very few QBs  have, and certainly not rookies. Darnold demonstrated the ability to move through multiple reads, pocket awareness, situational awareness poise and calmness you really only see in veterans. On top of that he showed how incredibly fast he can learn. The sloppy ball handling and elongated release ? GONE...even under pressure. Darnold showed the ability to get rid of the ball incredibly fast even to second and third reads. His reaction and release have to be in the Top 5 in the NFL. Then to top it off he showed the ability throw on the run maybe only matched by a couple QBs in the entire NFL. He simply showed innate abilities and a level of coachability that is very rarely seen.

On 8/15/2018 at 3:07 PM, Untouchable said:

Stephen A is a loud, obnoxious douchebag who should stick to shooty hoops.

He suggested after the Doug Brien game that the jets should have kicked on 3rd down so if it was no good, they could kick again on 4th down. 

Archived