Trumaine Johnson was a disgrace last night

RoadFan

27 minutes ago, SnackExchange said:

The talent around him was better there. The pass rush, was better there.

I said this two or three times before the season started. Maybe more, because that's what I do, lol.

It's a hell of a lot easier to look good when Donald & co. are pressuring and rushing QBs into poor throws. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

agree 100%.  I was about to post this.  I couldn't believe it when they showed that.  and the other one, I believe was when the QB was sliding and he "hit him" with his hand in the head?  Come on!  at real speed, he's reaching then the QB slides.  I don't know man.  I think this sport is getting too soft.  we better start watching under water basket weaving or something....

You gotta understand the league now. They not even tolerating bad looks or stares at the opponent. TJ needs to be smarter. He’s a vet. And on the Taylor slide, he tried to clothesline him but missed. You just can’t do that stuff anymore.  It’s a patty cake league now.  Those 2 penalties were huge.  This guy makes way to much money to be making these kind of mistakes.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Sorry but the unsportsmanlike penalty was BULLsh*t. All he did was give the ball to a player on the other team- how the heck do you call that?

It's a rule. The ball is coming to you. Get off the field and shut your mouth. But you have to be situationally aware. The Jets are the Road team, and the refs are gonna feed off the emotion of a home crowd. You go the big play on 3rd down and you're out, getting the ball back with the Browns punting from well into their territory; instead they got new life, took time off the clock and punted for the jets' 41.. They were trailing 14-0 and probably looking mentally for reasons to check out. if the Jets got off the field but for that, and the game plays out very differently. Mentally this team is not conditioned nor told to keep their mouths shut.And that is all on the coach.

Johnson is being paid a pile of cash,and really he's cashing checks and not getting the job done. For a very long time, this franchise signs over the hill DBs for piles of money for no discernible achievement. Johnson is just the latest. Somehow the same cap spaces is NEVER used for OL guys. 

The whole game turned on a selfish overpaid douchebag play. And the caoch had no problem with it. if he had a problem, they could cut Johnson today , and the team would be no worse for that/ 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

With so many past or present players pissing in Bowles's mouth I half expect to see a urinal cake on his tongue when he opens it.

I cannot take watching his game plans any more.  I know he is not going anywhere during a season.  Maybe I will just watch the first halves of games.  He is singularly inept in second halves, usually

I know the Rams never could have afforded to keep him, but it somewhat speaks volumes that they don't miss him at all.  When you have as much talent as they have all over their defense, of course it made Trumaine look good. 

As a CB1 here....yeah, he's set up for failure.  But he's not helping his own cause with his stupidity and poor play. 

21 hours ago, jbt said:

im sure Bowles let him have it after the game

or not

BGGM23VVYCMLMUDZJYBPRWDXSM.jpg

Yeah he gave him a game ball. Crowell too. This man instills zero discipline in his team continues to waste time outs because the team can't line up right or has wrong personnel in there. Happens every game, but our limp di*k ownership doesn't see it or can't decide what to do about it. So, it will simply continue and the Jets losses will pile up. I see another 5-11 season - his third straight losing season, but management will keep him in the Jets "family"

Claiborne, for what it’s worth, has been excellent
Claiborne has all the talent to be a true shutdown corner he just needs to stay healthy and not take plays off. If he has another good season with us this year I wouldn't mind trying to retain him for a longer period maybe three years even with his injury history

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

image.png

current PFF

No idea what the methodology is. But by eyeballs Nickerson even if he's a step down wouldn't be falling off the cliff. And the lack of a pass rush most of the 2nd half meant who ever was out there was going to have a rough night. Again, the Jets and a lot of people persist in this belief that there is such a thing as a shutdown corner, and as the rules are enforced it's like believing in Santa. Jets are paying top dollar for a collection of JAG corners. If a guy is going to make catastrophic stupid mistakes, really boggles the mind what the hell they were thinking with these signings. 

And somehow year after year, they do exactly this. OL, not so much, ever. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Yeah he gave him a game ball. Crowell too. This man instills zero discipline in his team continues to waste time outs because the team can't line up right or has wrong personnel in there. Happens every game, but our limp di*k ownership doesn't see it or can't decide what to do about it. So, it will simply continue and the Jets losses will pile up. I see another 5-11 season - his third straight losing season, but management will keep him in the Jets "family"

You have a rookie QB who hasnt gotten the plays off quickly and has had to burn a couple of TOs.  Limp dlck ownership is the issue

On 9/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

The player cares or he doesn't. If he cares, seeing how badly he hurt his team should get through to him with or without pulling him off the field. If he doesn't care there isn't a whole hell of a lot Bowles can do about it.

TJ's guaranteed $35m over the first 2 years and has already pocketed $26m of it this year. He knows they aren't contenders this year. Benching isn't going to scare someone in his situation. The best a punishment can do is serve as an example to others. That should be reason enough to do it, and given the loss it's still something Bowles can do, but I don't expect it.

Sorry, I disagree; you have to bench him for several reasons:

1. These guys want to play; see butler; if he is on the sideline he doesn't want the TV crew constantly talk about how he let the team down, etc; it is a pride thing

2. You have got to show the other 52 players that the rules matter and you can't go around doing something stupid. His contract actually make this bigger deal. The younger guys will see that even a highly paid vet can't get away with it.

3. The team needs to know that the coach is willing to loose a game (or two) and they can't be bullied or blackmailed.

This same (even more so) should go for Crowell..

17 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry, I disagree; you have to bench him for several reasons:

1. These guys want to play; see butler; if he is on the sideline he doesn't want the TV crew constantly talk about how he let the team down, etc; it is a pride thing

2. You have got to show the other 52 players that the rules matter and you can't go around doing something stupid. His contract actually make this bigger deal. The younger guys will see that even a highly paid vet can't get away with it.

3. The team needs to know that the coach is willing to loose a game (or two) and they can't be bullied or blackmailed.

This same (even more so) should go for Crowell..

You’re disagreeing with me by finding a different way of saying the same thing I did? 

They overpaid for Johnson to build the defense around him with the same philosophy Rex used for Revis. He goes man to man as an island and that frees the other Dbs etc for better coverage. But it's a hard job and you are not always going to be successful covering great receivers, etc. You will get beat or a smart play will work. But it's based on percentages. It works more often than not if you have the right corner. As for bad judgment by players esp DBs involved in battles with offensive players you see it all the time. It's a war and a psychological battle. And you get dumb plays that result in penalties. At times I've seen Johnson look like the player they think he is. The HC is a former player and DB himself and he isn't going to over discipline a player for taking a bad penalty or two even ones that have nothing to do with a play. Trash talking, taunting, etc. He probably talks to the guy and I see on the field other players trying to restrain teammates. But in a violent game it's not that easy to turn on or turn off. You'd hope for 15 mil per he starts playing smarter. 

First thing I noticed in Detroit was they abused him on shallow crosses after going in motion to avoid a jam 

The penalties show total stupidity 

He keeps getting his bell rung too 

As much as we are hating on him I don't think we want to see Claiborne skrub and Nickerson yet lol

10 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

What? A CB got beaten??...oh well cut his ass immediately then

That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying he got smoked deep a couple of times and the only reason he didn't give up 150 yards and two TDs is because Cleveland didn't execute those plays.

PFF also has him as the #42 CB.  I wouldn't call that excellent.

19 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying he got smoked deep a couple of times and the only reason he didn't give up 150 yards and two TDs is because Cleveland didn't execute those plays.

PFF also has him as the #42 CB.  I wouldn't call that excellent.

He didn’t give up 150 yards or 2 TD’s though did he?...and if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

..and PFF?.....really??

I prefer to use the evidence of my own eyes and he’s been excellent through 3 games for us. We have any number of issues we need to address and up to this point he’s a long, looong way down the list of those problems. 

Perfect?...no...not even Revis was perfect in 2009, he got ‘smoked’ by Ted Ginn, not “maybe-woulda-coulda-shoulda”. smoked but actually smoked, for an actual reception. An actual TD no less.  It happens to DB’s, they give up receptions, WR’s will get separation or a step on them from time to time. An anaemic pass rush that gives opposing QB’s all day to pick apart an otherwise well covered secondary shows up poorly on a CB even if the dB has played it perfectly.

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

He didn’t give up 150 yards or 2 TD’s though did he?...and if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

..and PFF?.....really??

I prefer to use the evidence of my own eyes and he’s been excellent through 3 games for us. We have any number of issues we need to address and up to this point he’s a long, looong way down the list of those problems. 

Perfect?...no...not even Revis was perfect in 2009, he got ‘smoked’ by Ted Ginn, not “maybe-woulda-coulda-shoulda”. smoked but actually smoked, for an actual reception. An actual TD no less.  It happens to DB’s, they give up receptions, WR’s will get separation or a step on them from time to time. An anaemic pass rush that gives opposing QB’s all day to pick apart an otherwise well covered secondary shows up poorly on a CB even if the dB has played it perfectly.

Regardless of whether the offense executed the play or not, he got smoked.  The claim that he's been "excellent" through 3 games is laughable.

Archived