The Jets record with Bridgewater or McCown up until this point?

TheNuuFaaolaExperience

WHo cares? This year is all about developing Sam. We wouldn’t win the Super Bowl with this team, if we started either ine anyway.

But just to play along, we’d be 2-2. We would have won the Cleveland game. The gameplan wouldn’t have been so conservative in the 2nd half, because a vet would have been given more freedom and they both would have played better than the sh*t show Darnold posted that night. We still would have lost to Miami, because Darnold was the best player on the field that day. His team let him down.  

I think that we would be 2-2 with the wins coming against the Browns and Dolphins with McCown. I'll take an entire year of growing pains with Darnold instead of a failed playoff run with McCown or Bridge. It will be a bit too late, but we will watch Darnold come into his own towards the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I have no idea.

Bridgewater isn't here and McCown isn't starting, why does it matter?  Teddy wasn't going to be the future here no matter what. Playing him made little to no sense.  

This.

Plus McCown's surprising 2017 season aside, when he lasted through 75% of a season, who says either one of them would have stayed upright through the first 2 weeks anyway? How quickly people forget that the predictions through the end of August had him getting injured week 1 and immediately placed on IR.

Maybe it's the fan in people, but what possesses people to believe that a fluke prior season is now the presumed baseline for the future?

23 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This.

Plus McCown's surprising 2017 season aside, when he lasted through 75% of a season, who says either one of them would have stayed upright through the first 2 weeks anyway? How quickly people forget that the predictions through the end of August had him getting injured week 1 and immediately placed on IR.

Maybe it's the fan in people, but what possesses people to believe that a fluke prior season is now the presumed baseline for the future?

Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

How can anyone say anything but 1-3? Sam didn't fumble vs Miami, or run out of bounds burning a TO, or drop a pass right on his hands, or stop his route allowing a pick. In Cleveland McCown would have been sacked numerous times & who knows how many fumbles? 

In Jacksonville, neither McCown nor Bridgewater would have finished that freaking game! F*cking jail break at every snap, they'd need young legs like Sam to survive. 

10 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's a slow week and I'm curious what everyone thinks. I'm not advocating for starting McCown or questioning the Bridgewater trade.

You mean THE Josh McCown, the one with the 25% winning percengtae in this league?  Or Teddy, who mightbe in the hospital byt htis time?  1-3.

13 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's a slow week and I'm curious what everyone thinks. I'm not advocating for starting McCown or questioning the Bridgewater trade.

It doesn’t matter, it is more important that Darnold plays to get experience. This year is all about that. I’m hoping as the season progresses both he and the team get bettter.

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

It doesn’t matter, it is more important that Darnold plays to get experience. This year is all about that. I’m hoping as the season progresses both he and the team get bettter.

It's a hypothetical question. It's implied that it doesn't matter. It's a slow week, and I was curious to see what other people thought. 

Archived