This is what we wanted, no?

Patriot Killa

Woke up from my nap expecting to see about 7-0, 14-10 

something like that.

Boy was I wrong for even guessing! 

Well I honestly don’t care, I actually laughed. I don’t see how any of you didn’t laugh lol. This is funny as hell. I can’t be mad anymore than I have been this year. I just have to laugh.

Really excited about a new coach and/or GM. Let’s try to get a guy who coaches like it’s 2018 this time around boys.

this is exactly how I wanted it. Baker Mayfield is like 20/24 for 3 TD’s and our toxic coach is spreading his bullsh*t down to our own QB. Gotta stop before it’s too late. So as I said...definitely what needed to happen was this!

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

something like that.

Well I honestly don’t care, I actually laughed. I don’t see how any of you didn’t laugh lol. This is funny as hell. I can’t be mad anymore than I have been this year. I just have to laugh.

Really excited about a new coach and/or GM. Let’s try to get a guy who coaches like it’s 2018 this time around boys.

this is exactly how I wanted it.

Like I was saying last night, it’s good for the long term but still painful to watch and impossible to root against the Jets. They do a good job of failure on their own so....

Just now, Grandy said:

Yeah as much as this is extremely embarrassing and sad, it's probably the best thing for the future of this team.

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Like I was saying last night, it’s good for the long term but still painful to watch and impossible to root against the Jets. They do a good job of failure on their own so....

I feel like something crazy like this had to happen in order for Bowles to really get the boot. I was sorta leaning towards them being stupid and giving Bowles one more year but this gem of a performance definitely sealed it! 

So to reinforance what’s been said 7 times...this definitely had to happen.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Yup.  I wanted it to to be 31-zip at half.   I really thought we'd lose today.  But something like 13-6.  What we're seeing is an absolute debacle.  These are the friggin' Bills not NO.

It’s embarrassing but it’s a step that has to be taken for blind owners to suddenly grow a pair of eyes!

I forgot the game was on. Lucky. The Jets are just painful to watch. I sit in front of the tube watching a train wreck then wonder why I wasted my time. The Jets have frankly taken the joy out of football at this point. I can't get "excited" about the debacle we are witnessing on the pathetic hope that firing the coach will solve anything. It's more than Bowles, although he's just utterly mediocre. Hard to put in the time at this point until the Jets can actually show that they are for real.

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No decisions should be made till after the season.  We dont need an interim coach inspiring these guy and we win a few meaningless games.

Let bowles run this into the ground and move on after the season.

Not sure I want to take the risk of Bowles getting a few flukey wins and getting an undeserved reprieve. The sooner we get this buffoon away from Darnold the better. 

31 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

something like that.

this is exactly how I wanted it. Baker Mayfield is like 20/24 for 3 TD’s and our toxic coach is spreading his bullsh*t down to our own QB. Gotta stop before it’s too late. So as I said...definitely what needed to happen was this!

Call me weird but I never wanna see my team Humiliated 

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No decisions should be made till after the season.  We dont need an interim coach inspiring these guy and we win a few meaningless games.

It’s 38-10 with Matt Barkley engineering the best game of his entire life only a week after order pizza in his mom’s basement and licking soda fizz off his mustache.

its over after today.

Guys  Im a fan since '65 Love them since Joe Willie passed them to Don Maynard,

the game today is a perfect demonstration of NYJ ownership idiocy.

Its a sin i root for the Jets .Mets, Knicks and Rangers

and they mostly all suck!  But your team is your team but this A--hole 

bowles has to go now otherwise we will Destroy Darnold Damn these incompetents!!

Dave B

Would still love to hear the stadium start chanting “Fire Todd Bowles, Fire Todd Bowles”

would make my day. My fantasy team is taking the day off and so are my jets. It would be nice for 1 thing to go my way today. Start the chant. 

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You've said this 300 times already. There's no way an interim head coach gets the full time job after the season. This team would be more inspired to win a few meaningless games for Bowles like they did for Rex and that would give Chris a reason to keep him. Get Bowles the **** out of here tomorrow before it's too late.

38 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yup.  I wanted it to to be 31-zip at half.   I really thought we'd lose today.  But something like 13-6.  What we're seeing is an absolute debacle.  These are the friggin' Bills not NO.

Oh my bad. I thought that was Drew Brees out there. I see now it's just Matt Barkley.

47 minutes ago, Stark said:

Would still love to hear the stadium start chanting “Fire Todd Bowles, Fire Todd Bowles”

would make my day. My fantasy team is taking the day off and so are my jets. It would be nice for 1 thing to go my way today. Start the chant. 

Was there anyone left to chant? 

I feel like something crazy like this had to happen in order for Bowles to really get the boot. I was sorta leaning towards them being stupid and giving Bowles one more year but this gem of a performance definitely sealed it! 
So to reinforance what’s been said 7 times...this definitely had to happen.

The players aren’t playing for him anymore. There used to at least be effort. There were many tines today that it seemed obvious the team was done. He’s lost any semblance of respect at least as a HC.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Idk I predicted 10-7 Buffalo but this?  Yikes!!!

I called it for exactly what it turned out to be in another thread.   Below is the copy and paste.

This game has historic Jets loss written all over it...

Losing to Matt Barkley signed off the street and a really bad Bills offense, but their defense is pretty good.

Buffalo comes to play and the Jets flat out quit before the bye.

Angry Jets fans booing relentlessly, wearing paper bags, etc.  It is going to get ugly tomorrow.

Bowles fired on Monday...

I almost want to watch the meltdown for morbid curiosity... but I am going fishing instead.

No, not what I wanted.

Zero playoff appearances since 2011.

5-11 last two seasons, going on three.

Completely inept on offense, leading the league in 3 and outs.

RBs have nowhere to run. QBs have no time to throw.

Running an archaic west coast offense. The Jets continue to play checkers while all the decent teams play chess.

Worst talent on offense in the entire NFL. Two first round picks on offense in 10 years.

Uninspired, undisciplined football.

It's unacceptable in all ways.

Clean house, bring in a fresh offensive mind, and build around Darnold. OL OL OL.

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I called it for exactly what it turned out to be in another thread.   Below is the copy and paste.

This game has historic Jets loss written all over it...   CHECK

Losing to Matt Barkley signed off the street and a really bad Bills offense, but their defense is pretty good.  CHECK

Buffalo comes to play and the Jets flat out quit before the bye.   CHECK

Angry Jets fans booing relentlessly, wearing paper bags, etc.  It is going to get ugly tomorrow.  CHECK

Bowles fired on Monday...  YES PLEASE!!!

I almost want to watch the meltdown for morbid curiosity... but I am going fishing instead.

In typical Jets fashion we'll probably fall just short and keep the moron coach till (at least) year end. :-( 

Archived