Schefter: Rex in consideration for KC DC

Lizard King

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

he struggles beating Brady the whole time he was here...nothing would have been different on sunday

1-0 against him in the playoffs.  

And while his record against Brady overall wasn't good (whose is?) He did beat him 4 times.

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

Or you forgot to read all of the sudden. teams has been approaching Rex? It should be the other way I will be surprise if Rex take that job.  

Rex Ryan, who has been approached about other DC openings in recent seasons.

Well yeah, again, I think there's a strong possibility Rex is the one floating this and it's BS.

6 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

he struggles beating Brady the whole time he was here...nothing would have been different on sunday

Actually for a good period of time, when he had some players, he held Brady to his lowest QBR by far.   And he beat them when it really counted, in NE, in the playoffs.

Actually for a good period of time, when he had some players, he held Brady to his lowest QB by far.   And he beat them when it really counted, in NE, in the playoffs.

I remember that, great game...

But I also remember all those sellout blitzes that never got to Brady at all. He lost a lot more than he won against Brady

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

45 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I remember that, great game...

But I also remember all those sellout blitzes that never got to Brady at all. He lost a lot more than he won against Brady

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Really, the reasoning is W/Ls vs Brady?

As in the whole league?  Not like theyre a so so team

I don't understand the joke. He was a very good DC and took two teams to the AFC championship game with Mark Sanchez. 
Seriously I don't understand the Rex hate. He's the most successful coach in our history outside of weeb.

He delivered some amazing memories for Jets fans. He beat the fin Pat's at home in the playoffs. I mean he had his flaws but I'd trade for four more years of Rex over the last four in a new York minute.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rex Ryan is one of the few people who has had success (repeatedly) against Belichick and Brady.  Not too many do well stopping New England but Rex is better than most, even with a losing record.

His gameplan in the 2010 playoffs was a masterpiece.  Truly one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen.  He mixed up so many things.  The Patriots tried to adjust at half-time (something they usually do pretty well) but then came out to an entirely different gameplan by the Jets in the 2nd half.

The Chiefs can do worse than hiring Rex if they go in that direction.

Talk about complementary phases of the game.  An attacking offense and an attacking defense.

Rex Ryan knows how to stop the Run. Do you know how I know? He's only said it like a bazillion times!

Let him coach the D, bring the attitude, and call the plays. But whatever you do, don't allow him to make any decisions and give him a decoy address for draft day. Send him to a Sonic. He can wear his dress sweats.

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Rex Ryan is one of the few people who has had success (repeatedly) against Belichick and Brady.  Not too many do well stopping New England but Rex is better than most, even with a losing record.

His gameplan in the 2010 playoffs was a masterpiece.  Truly one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen.  He mixed up so many things.  The Patriots tried to adjust at half-time (something they usually do pretty well) but then came out to an entirely different gameplan by the Jets in the 2nd half.

The Chiefs can do worse than hiring Rex if they go in that direction.

Talk about complementary phases of the game.  An attacking offense and an attacking defense.

"Repeatedly" is a bit of a stretch, but I agree that he is a good DC and would be a good hire for KC. 

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

"Repeatedly" is a bit of a stretch, but I agree that he is a good DC and would be a good hire for KC. 

Fair point.  I'm just saying that he's beaten them more than once or twice and when he did it wasn't on luck, like a Miami miracle of laterals on a kickoff with 0:00.  Rex has slowed down or stopped guys like Brady and Peyton Manning enough times that any team should consider him for a DC position.  I'd never hire him as a HC but giving him just one phase to focus all his energy on would be a wise move for any team that wants to win a big game.

Rex- Thx Andy for the DC job. Do I get to call timeouts?

Andy - Hell NO

Rex - Do I get to call blitzes and give input on FA and draft picks? 

Andy - Hell F NO

Rez - Then what Andy?

Andy - Just make sure the defense isn’t offsides. 

Took at stab at seeing how Rex has done against Brady historically. He's faced Brady 17 times in his career with all but 1 coming as HC. That one was as a DC of the Ravens. Brady has won 13 of the 16 regular season games. Rex is 1-0 against Brady in the playoffs. Feels like they would have met more times in the playoffs since he was the DC of Baltimore. But I guess not.

Brady Against the Rex Ryan led

Ravens: W=1; L=0, Rating=76.3, TD=1, INT=1

NYJ: W=9; L=4 (including the 1 loss in the playoffs); Rating=79.0, TD=23, INT=6

Bills: W=3; L=0, Rating=103.8, TD=8, INT=1

One thing to note is that Brady torched the Bills while under Rex. I can see why Bills fans are not fond of Rex. Against the Ravens and Jets though, Brady has a 78-79 Quarterback Rating. Considering Brady's career Rating is 97.6, I would say Rex has done better than most in slowing down Brady. Even if you count the Bills games, Brady lifetime against Rex has a rating of 83.8.

Archived