RoadFan's post-ban thoughts and reflections

RoadFan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, slats said:

I’m very happy and drunk in Mexico and really feel like banning you. Please, keep it up. Or, maybe, don’t. 

Not sure what I’m getting banned for, but knock yourself out if you feel like it. It’s been  a while since I’ve beem banned for no reason and I was starting to develop some self esteem issues. Enjoy Mexico! Don’t have the ice in your drinks! 

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

BB26A85A-9C6B-42B6-8E69-812A0DE63254.jpeg

Ya got me.

All it took was you harboring a grudge for several years, and lashing out in an online tantrum every time we cross paths, to really see deep into my soul and expose me for the delicate flower that I am.

You did it. Congratulations.

The open society, the unrestricted access to knowledge, the unplanned and uninhibited association of men for its furtherance-these are what may make a vast, complex, ever growing, ever changing, ever more specialized and expert technological world, nevertheless a world of human community.

On the other hand, he was dirty filthy commie who got his security clearance yanked and died in disgrace so. And not sure there's a verb in the sentence.

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The open society, the unrestricted access to knowledge, the unplanned and uninhibited association of men for its furtherance-these are what may make a vast, complex, ever growing, ever changing, ever more specialized and expert technological world, nevertheless a world of human community.

On the other hand, he was dirty filthy commie who got his security clearance yanked and died in disgrace so. And not sure there's a verb in the sentence.

J Robert Oppenheimer or @Sonny Werblin ,  I am not sure.  Pretty sure Sonny is not a filthy commie, who is very much alive at this very moment.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Ya got me.

All it took was you harboring a grudge for several years, and lashing out in an online tantrum every time we cross paths, to really see deep into my soul and expose me for the delicate flower that I am.

You did it. Congratulations.

30B86AAF-F831-4284-83FB-48222F318042.png

WTF is going on in here lately? We've got this train wreck of a "thoughts and reflection thread", which is oozing estrogen, and another one about a butt fumble cat fight running simultaneously also. When did this place go from being about the Jets, to a place where the "new uniform" and "word association" threads are where the alpha males post?  :help:

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Log back on, to see NoBowles didn’t like that I buttfumbled his dumb kappenick post, so he sought out everything I posted recently to butt fumble it. 

Hands down the softest little snowflake on JN. Hilarious.

Oh, there are more than a few that do just that.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm curious, who was the person here who told you posting 200 nonsensical memes per day was a clever thing to do?

THAT'S THE PERSON I'D LIKE TO SEE GET BANNED!!!!

I thought it was you who told me to post memes because you had reading comprehension problems, I could be wrong. 

Did I hurt you feelings in any way if I did, deal with it. 

A little PSA, if you will. 

The one complaint I consistently hear from people I meet who post (or lurk) here is that the posters on the board are “cliquey” and it’s hard to break into these cliques, so these people stop signing in here altogether. I always find this a little heartbreaking, to be honest, in part because it’s true, but also because I know how hurtful it can be to be passionate about something and want to share your thoughts on it, but finding those thoughts ignored or dismissed on a forum where everyone seems to be yelling louder than you even though your posts are better or more interesting. I mean, I’ve been a charismatic internet phenom forever, but I’ve watched a lot of really interesting people disappear over the years, so let me give you some tips on how to get your views out there with some amplitude.

I’ve been on message boards forever. I started out on AOL chat rooms, on a board called “twentysomethings,” which was basically a pick-up site/hangout chat/drug, media, and comedy sharing resource. It was great fun! It wasn’t until later that I found out that people were talking about the dog-ass Jets on other, similar sites and I gravitated over that way. The lessons I learned trying to get nudes from women on AIM translated really well when I started posting about football. Here are some of those lessons:

1. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK:

This is the cardinal rule for message boards, Twitter, for picking up women, or for anything, really. The sh*t you believe only matters to you. PEOPLE ONLY CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY THINK. It’s circular. Do you have an original thought? Cool. Find the people who’ve already had that same thought and interact with them. Does your thought—though fundamentally the same—differ in some minor, peripheral way? Well, now you’re part of a community where you can workshop that minor deviation and find a niche within that hive. You’re on your way. But, and this is point #2...

2. DON’T BOTHER WRITING A STAND-ALONE ESSAY ABOUT A THOUGHT YOU HAVE BECAUSE NOBODY CARES:

You see this a lot with new posters. They’ll appear in a thread that already has three pages of content and they’ll drop a full paragraph with their opinion on the matter and it won’t even draw a single “like” and you never, ever see that guy post again because he’s humiliated. NEVER DO THIS. Again, find someone who kinda agrees with you and interact with that guy, but DON’T GO MORE THAN A SENTENCE OR TWO. Why? If the thread is already three pages long, chances are good that most of the narrative angles have already been covered and you’re just going to repeat something that everyone else has responded to, so your post is useless and annoying. If you’re not sure if it’s been covered exhaustively enough, don’t post that either. It just means that nobody cares that much. Read the room. BUT...

3. DON’T BE INTIMIDATED:

This is in reference to that “cliquey” business I mentioned earlier. EVERYONE HERE HATES EVERYONE ELSE AND THE ONLY REASON WE COME HERE IS TO HUMILIATE EACH OTHER. There are no actual alliances. Nobody here calls each other at home. We don’t attend each other’s weddings or go on fishing trips with each other. We’re extremely online because we’re misanthropes with infinitesimal real-life social circles which we supplement with other, similar societal rejects by logging in to jet nation dot com. Be not afraid. Everyone here is ass. You are ass. It’s fine.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A little PSA, if you will. 

The one complaint I consistently hear from people I meet who post (or lurk) here is that the posters on the board are “cliquey” and it’s hard to break into these cliques, so these people stop signing in here altogether. I always find this a little heartbreaking, to be honest, in part because it’s true, but also because I know how hurtful it can be to be passionate about something and want to share your thoughts on it, but finding those thoughts ignored or dismissed on a forum where everyone seems to be yelling louder than you even though your posts are better or more interesting. I mean, I’ve been a charismatic internet phenom forever, but I’ve watched a lot of really interesting people disappear over the years, so let me give you some tips on how to get your views out there with some amplitude.

I’ve been on message boards forever. I started out on AOL chat rooms, on a board called “twentysomethings,” which was basically a pick-up site/hangout chat/drug, media, and comedy sharing resource. It was great fun! It wasn’t until later that I found out that people were talking about the dog-ass Jets on other, similar sites and I gravitated over that way. The lessons I learned trying to get nudes from women on AIM translated really well when I started posting about football. Here are some of those lessons:

1. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK:

This is the cardinal rule for message boards, Twitter, for picking up women, or for anything, really. The sh*t you believe only matters to you. PEOPLE ONLY CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY THINK. It’s circular. Do you have an original thought? Cool. Find the people who’ve already had that same thought and interact with them. Does your thought—though fundamentally the same—differ in some minor, peripheral way? Well, now you’re part of a community where you can workshop that minor deviation and find a niche within that hive. You’re on your way. But, and this is point #2...

2. DON’T BOTHER WRITING A STAND-ALONE ESSAY ABOUT A THOUGHT YOU HAVE BECAUSE NOBODY CARES:

You see this a lot with new posters. They’ll appear in a thread that already has three pages of content and they’ll drop a full paragraph with their opinion on the matter and it won’t even draw a single “like” and you never, ever see that guy post again because he’s humiliated. NEVER DO THIS. Again, find someone who kinda agrees with you and interact with that guy, but DON’T GO MORE THAN A SENTENCE OR TWO. Why? If the thread is already three pages long, chances are good that most of the narrative angles have already been covered and you’re just going to repeat something that everyone else has responded to, so your post is useless and annoying. If you’re not sure if it’s been covered exhaustively enough, don’t post that either. It just means that nobody cares that much. Read the room. BUT...

3. DON’T BE INTIMIDATED:

This is in reference to that “cliquey” business I mentioned earlier. EVERYONE HERE HATES EVERYONE ELSE AND THE ONLY REASON WE COME HERE IS TO HUMILIATE EACH OTHER. There are no actual alliances. Nobody here calls each other at home. We don’t attend each other’s weddings or go on fishing trips with each other. We’re extremely online because we’re misanthropes with infinitesimal real-life social circles which we supplement with other, similar societal rejects by logging in to jet nation dot com. Be not afraid. Everyone here is ass. You are ass. It’s fine.

Fishing????  Now you've got my attention.

Archived