Quinnen Williams

1 minute ago, Alka said:

I think the guys playing next to Quinnen are very happy people right now, and I believe the players playing behind Quinnen are happy right now as well.

The defense just got better, and I'm happy about that.

I'm very disappointed in many of my fellow Jets fans reactions right now on the board.  

Give the young man a chance.  If he's another Joe Klecko, then all you Jets fans who don't like the pick can scratch my butt!  

SO FAR...comparisons to Aaron Donald, Kerry Jenkins and Joe Klecko. Can I get a Hali Ngata? Richard Seymour? More likely...Leonard Williams, but we have one of those already so...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

I think the guys playing next to Quinnen are very happy people right now, and I believe the players playing behind Quinnen are happy right now as well.

I'm very disappointed in many of my fellow Jets fans reactions right now on the board.  

Give the young man a chance.  If he's another Joe Klecko, then all you Jets fans who don't like the pick can scratch my butt!  

Taking 6 defensive lineman in 12 years is a waste of resources. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You are 100% correct.  However, how many of those defensive linemen are still on the Jets?

Who are the great players playing next to Leo?  

You can't assume that Quinnen Williams is a reincarnation of the other players that are not with the Jets anymore. 

The Jets might now possibly have the best d-line in the league, and with the other players up the middle, we're a better team.  

Yes, we need a edge rusher, but if Quinnen Williams is as good as is reported, then the Jets made the correct decision.  If he's not, then they blew it again.  Just give the guy a chance to prove he is as good as the experts think he is.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

You are 100% correct.  However, how many of those defensive linemen are still on the Jets?

Who are the great players playing next to Leo?  

You can't assume that Quinnen Williams is a reincarnation of the other players that are not with the Jets anymore. 

The Jets might now possibly have the best d-line in the league, and with the other players up the middle, we're a better team.  

Yes, we need a edge rusher, but if Quinnen Williams is as good as is reported, then the Jets made the correct decision.  If he's not, then they blew it again.  Just give the guy a chance to prove he is as good as the experts think he is.

They also traded for a defensive lineman last year, and drafted 2 last year.  I am not dissing the player.  I am dissing the front office.  It shows the jets have absolutely no plan.  Terrible waste of resources.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Well the Lions took WR with top 3 picks like 4 years in a row and eventually ended up with the best WR ever. Maybe we finally get a generational talent at DT.

• Upvote 1

So the team with Mayock and Gruden take Clelin, an EDGE who beat Jonah Williams like a drum, the pick after Quinnen. 

Let’s see who has the bigger impact this year.  If the Raiders really wanted Quinnen they would have traded up one spot.  

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Well said!

The 3-4 was the smoke  screen the Jets are going to go with a 4-3 with the Williams at DT.... try and double that tandem which will also open things up for the lesser players we have on the outside along with allowing Mosley and Williamson blitz up the middle from time to time. This may not be a defense that excel's at any one thing but it will be solid across the board with this pick ....Also keep in mind the draft and the offseason are not over yet. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

They have to trade Leonard Williams as soon as possible, or literally it's a repetition of the same idiotic nonsense and prove they learned literally nothing when they took Leo, still kept Wilkerson and Richardson anyway, and had the whole thing blow up in their face so horrifically badly, that they ending up blowing tons of money, get little in return and before you know it, still feel the need to burn more high picks on the same non-premium position over and over again.

This is the bullsh*t we get for the Johnson brothers being so stupid as retain the league's worst GM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cc26aa56671756a4d

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

The 3-4 was the smoke  screen the Jets are going to go with a 4-3 with the Williams at DT.... try and double that tandem which will also open things up for the lesser players we have on the outside along with allowing Mosley and Williamson blitz up the middle from time to time. This may not be a defense that excel's at any one thing but it will be solid across the board with this pick ....Also keep in mind the draft and the offseason is not over yet. 

Q will improve the D.  Agreed.  

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

Gregg Williams has been at this sh*t for a long time.  He likes the pick, I like the pick. 

Go Q!!!!!

How do we know Gregg Williams had anything to do with this pick?  This is the exact pick we’ve made every year with Macc.  We’d be blaming Bowles for this we’re that the narrative we still had to sell.  Face it.  Macc takes the safest pick on the board - every single time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

The 3-4 was the smoke  screen the Jets are going to go with a 4-3 with the Williams at DT.... try and double that tandem which will also open things up for the lesser players we have on the outside along with allowing Mosley and Williamson blitz up the middle from time to time. This may not be a defense that excel's at any one thing but it will be solid across the board with this pick ....Also keep in mind the draft and the offseason are not over yet. 

ansah?

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

So the team with Mayock and Gruden take Clelin, an EDGE who beat Jonah Williams like a drum, the pick after Quinnen. 

Let’s see who has the bigger impact this year.  If the Raiders really wanted Quinnen they would have traded up one spot.  

You mean like how Vernon Gholston beat Jake Long like a drum? Better or worse?

• Sympathy 1