Jets officially request interviews

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You make it sound like they're gonna show him which fork is for the soup.

Lol.... no... but from a discussion of the origins of the Rooney rule on one of the serius NFL programs, it was discussed that this was one of the objectives of the rule from its inception. That's how bad it must have been. So there is an ironic truth to your analogy. I'm sure the Johnsons would  offer a glimpse at a spoon, not a fork. A silver spoon maybe.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sometimes I see people in public with Jets paraphernalia on and I wonder why they’d choose to self-identify that way. Why invite that derision? 

And then they look at you with you're Jets crap on and say..... WTF am I doing ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, King P said:

Champ Kelly is definitely a well respected man in NFL circles. Why are you assuming he's just someone being used to fulfill the Rooney Rule obligation ??

i was thinking the same thing.  sounds like kelly could be the guy if douglas hedges.  now if they interviewed jerry reese.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There's 1.5 million people in Suffolk County, tons of my friends are Jet fans & I see Jet hats/shirts/sweatshirts somewhere all the time out there.

Most Jet fans could give two sh*ts what some other NFL fan thinks of them. It's actually pretty amazing how well Jet fans travel if you look at our history. 

Its easy for Steelers fans, Pats fans, ect to travel knowing they are going to watch a franchise QB, hell, I got tickets for the Titans cause my son lives in Nashville & had to watch a 16-0 lead disintegrate before my eyes with Josh McCown at QB and Bowles/Rogers/Bates on the sideline.

Jet fans deserve f*cking medals of honor for their patronage. It's easy being a Steeler or Patriots fan. 

again, i wasnt putting any color on anything....  i just wnet " hmm, i aint met a Jet fan from Suffolk." end of.

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sometimes I see people in public with Jets paraphernalia on and I wonder why they’d choose to self-identify that way. Why invite that derision? 

Because they're fans? 

Shocking, I know

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, King P said:

Champ Kelly is definitely a well respected man in NFL circles. Why are you assuming he's just someone being used to fulfill the Rooney Rule obligation ??

Let's see...2 interview requests...1 has a ton of rumors around him, is known to have a good relationship with Gase, has article after article about how he would leave the Eagles were he offered the job...and the other just happens to fulfill the rooney rule requirement. 

So how much are you willing to bet that Kelly gets the job?

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am okay with either of these guys.  Douglas has 20 years experience with Ravens and Eagles, both teams won championships during his tenure.  Kelly about 12 years experience with Broncos who won multiple Div titles while he was there and a SB appearrance, and helped build a winner with the Bears.  Both guys know have been part of winning oganizations.  And both guys paths crossed with Gase.  

Hire either of these guys and I will be very happy with how the past coule of weeks has played out.

Reading up on both these guys, they both make sense. I didn’t know either of them until recently.  

Im curious who the other guys are on the list.  How many people can work with Gase? This should hopefully be quick and painless. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am okay with either of these guys.  Douglas has 20 years experience with Ravens and Eagles, both teams won championships during his tenure.  Kelly about 12 years experience with Broncos who won multiple Div titles while he was there and a SB appearrance, and helped build a winner with the Bears.  Both guys know have been part of winning oganizations.  And both guys paths crossed with Gase.  

Hire either of these guys and I will be very happy with how the past coule of weeks has played out.

What if we made one gm and the other president? **** it

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I used to do that in South Florida. But to be honest, I just wanted to start fights and beat the sh*t out of Florida cracker rednecks and 5'5" Cubans who thought they were tough.  So, yeah, whatever. 

• Haha 1

1) We don't know if all of that is 100% true

2) Just because Douglas is the favorite doesn't mean he's guaranteed the job. He's gotta interview and go through the process for confirmation.

3) Calling Champ a Rooney interview is very much a slight on Kelly and quite disrespectful. It's almost like saying somebody got a certain job or got into a certain school because of "affirmative action". Maybe, just maybe, Champ has all the qualifications needed to become a GM while also just happening to fulfill a requirement. Instead of being called a Rooney interview, which implies that he's only being brought in to fulfill a requirement and ignoring his qualifications

There’s plenty of people that got jobs or in school because of affirmative action. 

As for as the GM job goes we’ll know as soon as they hire someone. If they hire Douglas without interviewing anyone else Champ was a Rooney Rule and it’s not like it doesn’t happen all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I used to do that in South Florida. But to be honest, I just wanted to start fights and beat the sh*t out of Florida cracker rednecks and 5'5" Cubans who thought they were tough.  So, yeah, whatever. 

Where were you finding Florida cracker rednecks (nice double standard on racism) in South Florida? 

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Sign both of them. 

This.  Is it unrealistic to consider taking Douglas for the GM role and giving Kelly a promotion from where he is now?  Director of college scouting or something to that effect? 

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I’d wear this Jets shirt every now and then when I lived in Rochester and dudes would say “Jets fan? I’m sorry!” and I’d have that Leo DiCaprio moment from The Departed where the guy makes the wise crack about cranberry juice being for periods and he breaks the glass over his head 

• Haha 2

1) We don't know if all of that is 100% true

2) Just because Douglas is the favorite doesn't mean he's guaranteed the job. He's gotta interview and go through the process for confirmation.

3) Calling Champ a Rooney interview is very much a slight on Kelly and quite disrespectful. It's almost like saying somebody got a certain job or got into a certain school because of "affirmative action". Maybe, just maybe, Champ has all the qualifications needed to become a GM while also just happening to fulfill a requirement. Instead of being called a Rooney interview, which implies that he's only being brought in to fulfill a requirement and ignoring his qualifications

Do you know which one it is? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’d wear this Jets shirt every now and then when I lived in Rochester and dudes would say “Jets fan? I’m sorry!” and I’d have that Leo DiCaprio moment from The Departed where the guy makes the wise crack about cranberry juice being for periods and he breaks the glass over his head 

I’ve been wearing Jets shirts in south Florida for over 20 years and never had a word said to me. You see Jets gear all the time, no one in south Florida cares. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve been wearing Jets shirts in south Florida for over 20 years and never had a word said to me. You see Jets gear all the time, no one in south Florida cares. 

South Florida is filed with gays and you look like a Hell’s Angel parolee who has bodies buried in his basement 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Almost everyone there is a Bills fan so they definitely know all about sorry!  I used to get the same thing.