Rex Hogan is back

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Here's hoping that Maccagnan simply failed to listen to him, considering the drafts while he was around as senior director of college scouting were hardly awe-inspiring (2015 - 2017).

He has Hack on his record too (even if it was all Macc...)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Here's hoping that Maccagnan simply failed to listen to him, considering the drafts while he was around as senior director of college scouting were hardly awe-inspiring (2015 - 2017).

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Do we give him credit for Darius Leonard, Marlon Mack and Quinton Nelson too then?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The talk around the league when Ballard was hired was that all the guys he got to come with him were highly respected.  Just because a guy works for a crappy organization doesn't mean hes incompetent.  A number of people who have worked for the Jets are good at what they do.

Terry Bradway was NOT in this class of employee.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Do we give him credit for Darius Leonard, Marlon Mack and Quinton Nelson too then?

I certainly hope that's the more accurate evaluation.  I don't doubt there's a decent likelihood that Hogan was good and Mac was simply an incompetent idiot who failed to properly use his resources, but it's tough to ignore how bad the drafts were during his prior run here just to fit a narrative.

Just now, Untouchable said:

With the GM, Assistant GM, and Director of Player Personnel positions filled...I would assume that Savage would head the college scouting department if he’s hired here.

I would assume that Champ Kelly is not coming then.  He would have to get a promotion (from assistant director of player personnel currently) to leave the Bears, and it seems the major titles are all taken. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I would assume that Champ Kelly is not coming then.  He would have to get a promotion (from assistant director of player personnel currently) to leave the Bears, and it seems the major titles are all taken. 

They had been talking about Champ Kelly as Assistant GM, so I am assuming he is not coming. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I believe he’s currently assistant director of pro personnel with the Bears, and if all these rumors are true we would still have the director of pro personnel position available, which would be a promotion for him

The move has been well received by the Breers, Schefter, Yates and other commentators of the sports world.   It is also an interesting move because there is no history between Douglas and Hogan I think (unlike the other members of his front office).   This could suggest Douglas bypassing a degree of comfort to just select the best possible person for the job, which is very good.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, KRL said:

Hogan left in 2017, him coming back means he had issues with Maccagnan/Heimerdinger.
And as soon as they were gone he comes back, that can't be a coincidence

What was his title previously with the Jets? It could simply be that Indy offered him a promotion, and now the Jets are offering him another one.

If he made a lateral move to Indy then that a different story.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, fullblast said:

What was his title previously with the Jets? It could simply be that Indy offered him a promotion, and now the Jets are offering him another one.

If he made a lateral move to Indy then that a different story.

Yep, bet there is more money involved at each job change.

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Well yes but you do not know if he actually touted Hack to Mac or tried to him. over road dissude him form the selection.  I seem to recall all reports said that Mac was smitten with Hack.... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Hogan left in 2017, him coming back means he had issues with Maccagnan/Heimerdinger.
And as soon as they were gone he comes back, that can't be a coincidence

Thank you!!

People can't see what is right in their faces at times.......

So again I say thank you!!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Dinamite said:

The move has been well received by the Breers, Schefter, Yates and other commentators of the sports world.   It is also an interesting move because there is no history between Douglas and Hogan I think (unlike the other members of his front office).   This could suggest Douglas bypassing a degree of comfort to just select the best possible person for the job, which is very good.

A's hire A's, B's hire C's.

6 hours ago, Dinamite said:

I wonder if this means no Champ Kelly from the Bears..

Also, a big promotion for him.  he must have impressed during his time with Macc and the jets.  

I would think so since Kelly was mentioned as the possible assistant GM.