Is Francesa doing Jets camp?

JW I respectfully disagree. Mike tells it like it is. Look at his stance with his beloved Giants last year and now again this year. Did you hear his interview with Ben McAdoo last year? Mike is a Giants fan but has the balls to criticize when its due. Mike hated what the Jets were about under Rex and to be honest? He was right, they were a complete circus of BS most of the time after the last AFCCG. Mike had a decent relationship and even liked Mike McCagnan. Yes Mike can be a blowhard a lot of the time, however, as far as sports knowledge, there is none better. I am always interested in his opinion of all of my teams, not just the Jets. The only thing I really don't like about Mike is his blatant ignorance of Hockey, coupled with his triple X rated love of the most boring sport on the planet, Golf.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

On 8/7/2019 at 5:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with all due respect, over the years he's been a NY Jets hater. 

I find Mike objective.  So when he "hates" on the Jets its for good reason.  I mean, since it was clear that the Ryan Jets were over circa 2012, has Mike had anything not to hate?  He's a big Darnold fan too, goes back to the year before the draft.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I find Mike objective.  So when he "hates" on the Jets its for good reason.  I mean, since it was clear that the Ryan Jets were over circa 2012, has Mike had anything not to hate?  He's a big Darnold fan too, goes back to the year before the draft.

SAR I

I actually think that’s part of the reason he’s mad at the giants.  He thinks darnold is a stud, and doesn’t understand why the giants passed on him.

• Upvote 3

On 8/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Francesa is rarely funny or entertaining like some of the other shows out there but he does great interviews

WHAT? He is an awful interviewer He talks over every guest. Telling them how smart he is and the interviewee is lucky to get a word or two in when he pauses to breath.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

On 8/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with all due respect, over the years he's been a NY Jets hater. 

Depends on the era.

During the Rex era, absolutely. 

But, during the reign of Parcells, he was practically waving geeen and white pom poms. He was also pretty cool with the franchise during the Herm years and was a huge Mangini and Bowles/Macc apologist. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, slimjasi said:

Depends on the era.

But, during the reign of Parcells, he was practically waving geeen and white pom poms. He was also pretty cool with the franchise during the Herm years and was a huge Mangini and Bowles/Macc apologist. 

A Giant in Sheep's Clothing.  Pretty easy to see why he got behind that era.

44 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

A Giant in Sheep's Clothing.  Pretty easy to see why he got behind that era.

Yes, but this isn't relevant to the point I was making. The point is that the guy blows with the wind and changes his tune according to his fickle nature, which is dictated by ratings considerations and random personal biases. 

On 8/7/2019 at 5:28 PM, ASH1962 said:

JW I respectfully disagree. Mike tells it like it is. Look at his stance with his beloved Giants last year and now again this year. Did you hear his interview with Ben McAdoo last year? Mike is a Giants fan but has the balls to criticize when its due. Mike hated what the Jets were about under Rex and to be honest? He was right, they were a complete circus of BS most of the time after the last AFCCG. Mike had a decent relationship and even liked Mike McCagnan. Yes Mike can be a blowhard a lot of the time, however, as far as sports knowledge, there is none better. I am always interested in his opinion of all of my teams, not just the Jets. The only thing I really don't like about Mike is his blatant ignorance of Hockey, coupled with his triple X rated love of the most boring sport on the planet, Golf.

Mike is the best at what he does with everything, seriously. He is a Jet HATER, and Doosh now that they look like they may be viable he is changing his tune.

16 hours ago, jmat321 said:

I don’t like Mike, but early on he was the only person in the NY media to call out Rex for what he was, a fraud.  In a way, kind of like Alex Jones with regards to Jeff Epstein.

Huh?  Exactly who needed Francesa to tell them that Rex was a loudmouth?

Regardless, though, he also went to 2 AFC title games.  And I'm referring to Rex, not Francesa (who said "I have a lot of championships" at the 2:39 mark of the video below).

I can enjoy listening to Francesa but that doesn't mean that I think he's actually good.  I just get a kick at how great he thinks he is plus occasionally the callers will get in a good dig at how pompous he is.

EDIT: I don't dislike Francesa as a person, btw.  He's probably fine.  It's just that his on-air personality is ridiculously inflated.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, slimjasi said:

Depends on the era.

Fatcessa has gone back and forth with the jets.  I think he likes Gase and the current regime.  He despised Rex 

On 8/18/2019 at 10:54 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can enjoy listening to Francesa but that doesn't mean that I think he's actually good.  I just get a kick at how great he thinks he is plus occasionally the callers will get in a good dig at how pompous he is.

EDIT: I don't dislike Francesa as a person, btw.  He's probably fine.  It's just that his on-air personality is ridiculously inflated.

I like when callers ask mike if Dan Fellato suckled his man boobs