So, what's the CB market like?

Dcronin

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Douglas should pull a trade with a bad team desperate for a Vet or something. Call Bowles and offer him McClendon for Hargreaves. 

I didn't go over well when I even hinted at the possibility but Leo for Patrick Peterson looks like a potential win-win for the Cardinals and Jets.  AZ is needy on their DLine and they play a 3-4.  The Cardinals have a replacement for Peterson in Byron Murphy taken with the #1 pick of Round 2 this year.

Leo isn't cheap and the Cardinals are maxed out on the Cap, but Peterson isn't cheap either.  Patrick probably has 2 elite years left and then 2 more good ones after that.  Leo has a lot of runway as a 25 year old but the Cardinals would need to sign him longterm.

IF the Jets think QW can step in and IF the Cardinals think their rookie, Murphy can step in as a starting CB this seems like something to consider that would make both teams better.  (Even though I do salivate at the idea of seeing Leo and QW on the field at the same time.)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Frere Agnet CBs:  Brent Grimes, Cody Sensabaugh, Captain Munnerlyn, Shareece Wright, Sam Shields.  Not sure who else might be out there.  We gotta start looking at former starters and not just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with the Kyron Browns of the world.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

The one place we could not afford to take an injury

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Frere Agnet CBs:  Brent Grimes, Cody Sensabaugh, Captain Munnerlyn, Shareece Wright, Sam Shields.  Not sure who else might be out there.  We gotta start looking at former starters and not just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with the Kyron Browns of the world.

Urgency is here. 

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I didn't go over well when I even hinted at the possibility but Leo for Patrick Peterson looks like a potential win-win for the Cardinals and Jets.  AZ is needy on their DLine and they play a 3-4.  The Cardinals have a replacement for Peterson in Byron Murphy taken with the #1 pick of Round 2 this year.

Leo isn't cheap and the Cardinals are maxed out on the Cap, but Peterson isn't cheap either.  Patrick probably has 2 elite years left and then 2 more good ones after that.  Leo has a lot of runway as a 25 year old but the Cardinals would need to sign him longterm.

IF the Jets think QW can step in and IF the Cardinals think their rookie, Murphy can step in as a starting CB this seems like something to consider that would make both teams better.  (Even though I do salivate at the idea of seeing Leo and QW on the field at the same time.)

Williams to valuable in my opinion to Q to let him go this season. We need to dominate somewhere on this team and Dline might be the only pisition to do so. If we have Leo, Q, and Anderson together. I don't like being spotty on the DLine. If anyone is traded it should be the 32 year old McClendon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm all for it, but isn't Peterson suspended for the first 6 games?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Would rather send Shepard and picks. At this point the way the season is looking we’re going to have to move draft Capital now to bring in viable corners

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Mac looks worse and worse every day. 

I know we should all just move on, but your post is the truth.  Its insane how poor of a job he did.

We are now trying to find a kicker over $2 million dollars per season. 

We have no CB depth, yet we used a pick on the Rutgers CB who can't play this season.

Mac was so terrible.  Thankfully we have JD now.

Eagles CB roster

Sojourn Shelton joins a cornerback group that already features Ronald Darby, Rasul Douglas, Sidney Jones, Avonte Maddox, Jalen Mills, Cre’Von LeBlanc, Jay Liggins, Josh Hawkins, Jeremiah McKinnon, Orlando Scandrick and Ajene Harris. Mills (foot, PUP) and LeBlanc (foot) are sidelined with injuries.

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Looking at a couple lists of "Possible cap cuts" these CBs were all listed.  Jenkins seems like the most interesting.

Saints Ken Crawley

Giants Janoris Jenkins

Steelers Artie Burns

Redskins Josh Norman

we may need all of them

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I think help is more likely to come from teams with some young CB talent who may be coaxed into making a trade for something before they let cut a vet.  Indy has some of talent in their secondary.  They finished 16th in passing yards allowed in '18 and drafted two CB this year.  Desir and Kenny Moore start.  2017 second round pick Quincy Wilson and Nate Hairston are second team and they drafted Rock Ya Sin in the second round this year.  They also have Jason Collins (2015 2nd round pick) and Marvin Tell (2019 5th round pick) rounding out the secondary.  Keep an eye on the Colts!