Jamal has unfollowed the Jets on IG

prime21

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

For the Jamal Lovers,

Please show me one fing play or one fing game he did something to tangible help us win a game.

Want to know why people are hard on him?  He runs his yap constantly from game one and has never achieved enough to have the cred to do so.

Don;t worry though the whole league has bought into his self promotion.

If he keeps playing like he did last game he will find himself on the bench more than he likes.

Colts game last year

4 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

You let Adams walk, use a 4th or a 5th on a SS, then use the money you were going to pay Adams to bring in a guy that actually would have a tangible effect on the team(you know, like an edge rusher... it's only been 14 years since the Jets got rid of John Abraham, they should try to replace him)

He could be easily be traded for a late 1 like Minkah just did. I mean he’s soooo good right ? If they let him walk, they’ll at least get a comp pick. I’d get rid of him faster than you can say Gucci.

7 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I saw Erik McMillan pick 6 Marino, putting a dagger thru Miami’s heart.  I saw Brian Washington pick 6 Jim Kelly, which sealed a win  against the Bills.  I saw Victor Green make a ton of game changing plays for the Jets and the Pats.  I cannot think of one game changing play made by Adams.  

He's an elite run defender, is he not? Those plays are pretty important.

Also very good at covering running backs. 

9 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I saw Erik McMillan pick 6 Marino, putting a dagger thru Miami’s heart.  I saw Brian Washington pick 6 Jim Kelly, which sealed a win  against the Bills.  I saw Victor Green make a ton of game changing plays for the Jets and the Pats.  I cannot think of one game changing play made by Adams.  

Cmon man

This will help jog your memory for a few.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If a QB was already in place, or a potential Franchise one had already been drafted I might be able to at least somewhat sanction the Adams pick but instead that piece of garbage Maccagnan committed fraud by omission.  Playing it off to the tune,”Sure Hackenberg can be an NFL QB that’s why I’m picking this Safety at 6, he really doesn’t make game changing plays at LSU, but he is very good and a natural leader, anyway what’s most important, actually to me, is that Adams is a consensus pick by the “experts” and if I follow them my dumb, non stop coffee drinking a** is guaranteed another year of fat GM paychecks, no he’s not close to being a Troy Palumalu but now you understand why I’m really making the pick”.

Needed a QB, in the worst way, and passed on Mahomes who will own EVERY NFL passing record by the time he is done.

Safeties and DT’s who DON’T make game changing plays do NOT get drafted almost Top 5....shouldn’t even go in the 1st Rd.

Why did so many teams pass on Mahomes?

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I can get the Watson argument (although he was not considered a can't miss), but the Mahomes stuff needs to stop. Most thought the Chiefs reached coming up to draft Mahomes. Very few had him rated as a 1st rounder, much less a top 10 pick. Kudos to the Chiefs for taking a big gamble and coming up huge, but let's not act like the Jets f'd that one up. Nobody (except probably Andy Reid) saw that playing out the way it did.

Guess you weren’t on this site then

there were a lot of people here who were calling for him to be drafted at 6, not me, I wanted nothing to do with him

i was wrong 

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Why did so many teams pass on Mahomes?

There weren’t “so many”, KC made a trade up.

I wanted the Jets to draft him and felt he’d be a superstar.  I posted all that on here before he ever started.

If you were a team in great need of a QB at the time you don’t take a box safety instead.  But taking that QB in the 1st Rd is a huge roll of the dice as you know, as a GM if you’re not named Elway if the pick fails you’re job is most likely done.

Maccagnan made almost every move a scared one, protecting the job he never deserved being way ahead of the Jets ever winning in the future.  The damage he has done to this team will be felt for at least a full decade.

But when you find out how he really got the job...the results were far from surprising.

Where in the NFL is he now working?  He has “GM” now on his resume.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Jamal Adams is a game changer. Take him off the field and watch the difference. 

I have never gotten or understood the Jamal hate. God for bid an athlete speaks and thinks for himself. 

He's a good player. Definitely not a game changer in any way shape or form. Interceptions, FFs and sacks are how I would define game changing plays. He has 1 career interception. 4 FF and 5 sacks in 2+ seasons. Ed Reed in his rookie season had 5 INTs alone. If you pick a safety at 6 he better be Ed freaking Reed.

And that's exactly the problem. at 6 overall you better be better than just good. You must be a game changer. Adams doesn't impact the game at all. him being on the field or off the field really doesn't matter. Our defense will still suck. He's not helping us win any games. If he was getting 8 picks a year and returning 3 of them for TDs then It would be a different story. 

And That's why I hated the Quinnen Williams pick. Dt was not a position of need, but more importantly  he will not be making game changing plays. (Look no further than Leo) He will never generate a 10+sack season for the simple fact that hes a freaking Defensive tackle. Even the best dts in the league rarely, (typically never) have double digits sacks. Gerald McCoy, ndamakon Suh, and Fletcher Cox  have  just 2,10 sack seasons in there 27 combined years of playing football.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

adams should be more focused on not getting penalties than his social media profile.  guarantee you that darnold wouldn't pull this crap

No, your golden boy is too Busy trolling New Jersey bars and catching contagion

Gtfoh with this sh*t.

adams should be more focused on not getting penalties than his social media profile.  guarantee you that darnold wouldn't pull this crap

No, your golden boy is too Busy trolling New Jersey bars and catching contagion

Gtfoh with this sh*t.

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jamal Adams is a game changer. Take him off the field and watch the difference. 

I have never gotten or understood the Jamal hate. God for bid an athlete speaks and thinks for himself. 

Gregg Williams took him off the field late in the game Monday night.

Did you notice?

I didn’t

2 hours ago, DLJ said:

You guys hate Jamal Adams but love Darnold who hasn’t done sh*t in this league and has caught contagion.

Darnold sucks but he’s revered here— wonder what the difference is...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

QB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS

Darnold is also only just starting year 2 and has shown flashes. The promise/potential is there. Jamal took a huge step forward in year 2, which he needed to do, but he’s still just a SS who excels in run defense which is an area that’s not as important as even a ball hawking safety. That’s the difference between Darnold and Adams.

9 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Guess you weren’t on this site then

there were a lot of people here who were calling for him to be drafted at 6, not me, I wanted nothing to do with him

i was wrong 

I don't recall people wanting Mahomes at 6. Maybe after a trade back to a lower position?

I was wrong too

16 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I don't recall people wanting Mahomes at 6. Maybe after a trade back to a lower position?

I was wrong too

Not about whether we were right, we are fans. The turd bird making a couple mill a year as GM is paid to be right. We needed a QB and went box safety. Both QBs taken after would be the best QB the Jets have had in a generation. One is the reigning MVP. All because he refused to acknowledge defeat on the Hack experiment.

if Darnold isn’t the guy, this move will be part of Jets lore up there with passing on Marino, or worse.

• Upvote 2

QB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS
Darnold is also only just starting year 2 and has shown flashes. The promise/potential is there. Jamal took a huge step forward in year 2, which he needed to do, but he’s still just a SS who excels in run defense which is an area that’s not as important as even a ball hawking safety. That’s the difference between Darnold and Adams.

He sucks. The end

Seems like Jamal's family members post to defend his play. If he would once just STFU, quite yapping, dancing like a moron after a tackle where he gets over ran. Make a game changing play for once and then celebrate. Leaders show up in crunchtime. What's his record since he has been drafted? He is a loudmouth, obnoxious new generation player. It's all about Jamal "Haven't won sh*t in the NFL" Adams. He's so great. He's like Ed Reed or Cam Chancellor, or Troy Polamalu .

I am sick and tired of the amount of draft picks invested over the years on D, and yet we can't stop the run, or get to the QB. You have late round draft picks who make more plays than these lazy, check collecting first round loudmouth players. L. Williams, and Jamal Adams need to start earning their money. Talk less, make more game changing plays. Celebrate when you make game changing plays, not tackles you make 15 yards down the field, where the guy tripped over his own feet.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

am sick and tired of the amount of draft picks invested over the years on D

I don’t think it’s an issue of defense vs offense. I think it’s an issue of draft picks invested in terrible players 

• Upvote 1

It's amazing that us fans can pick a name out of a hat and they would have longer careers than what previous regimes picked. I threw a glass against the wall when we didn't pick Ed Reed instead of Bryan Thomas in that draft.

Also, Jamal Adams fanboys, will say we pick on Adams and not on Sam. Well Sam is a QB on offense and has made more game changing and winning plays in one game than Jamal has in his entire NFL career.

Jamal is all about himself and his image. He's like O'Dell and his LSU boys. Show boats, that talk all big, but don't win sh*t. They are only pretenders and not contenders.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Seems like Jamal's family members post to defend his play. If he would once just STFU, quite yapping, dancing like a moron after a tackle where he gets over ran. Make a game changing play for once and then celebrate. Leaders show up in crunchtime. What's his record since he has been drafted? He is a loudmouth, obnoxious new generation player. It's all about Jamal "Haven't won sh*t in the NFL" Adams. He's so great. He's like Ed Reed or Cam Chancellor, or Troy Polamalu .

I am sick and tired of the amount of draft picks invested over the years on D, and yet we can't stop the run, or get to the QB. You have late round draft picks who make more plays than these lazy, check collecting first round loudmouth players. L. Williams, and Jamal Adams need to start earning their money. Talk less, make more game changing plays. Celebrate when you make game changing plays, not tackles you make 15 yards down the field, where the guy tripped over his own feet.

You sound  like that guy who stays seated while everyone around you is standing and cheering when a good play happens.  "It wasn't an impactful tackle"   Have beer and enjoy, YOLO.