Jamal has unfollowed the Jets on IG

prime21

3 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Yes let’s just trade the best player we have from a team already bereft of any semblance of talent. If I were a player I wouldn’t want to play here either— nothing but angry drunk old men fans who sh*t on everyone and everything. He’s done nothing but buy in and play since he’s been here but you guys hate him for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hang in there. I am bringing in more dogs to post here. The attitude will improve soon.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

i’m sorry, you don’t trade an all pro player for a couple a of linemen...

that’s what rounds 3-6 are for. a couple of linemen. 

if you trade Jamal Adams, you better get a king’s ransom — an all pro in return, and any position outside of LT should be fair compensation.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

How many other teams' best player is a safety?

Again, that's not Adams problem or fault. It's just ridiculous that people seemingly hold that against him.

Would it make anyone feel better if we had a defensive end that was of equal caliber and were still equally bad?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Again, that's not Adams problem or fault. It's just ridiculous that people seemingly hold that against him.

Would it make anyone feel better if we had a defensive end that was of equal caliber and were still equally bad?

If we had an all-pro pass rushing DE we wouldn't be this bad.

Adams doesn't suck but he has no material effect on the Jets' fortunes. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Didn't say it was Adams problem or fault, obviously its the Jets problem and fault.

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes that is a problem.  That's not Adams problem though.  

Except it is his problem. He was drafted sixth overall. Teammates and coaches and executives and rival players and he himself constantly refer to him as a leader. The year before we drafted Adams we went 4-12 and the defense finished 21st in DVOA. Since then we've gone 5-11 (18th) and 4-12 (21st). I get that you guys have to handwave the concept of value to keep everyone from talking about Mahomes et al, and that really isn't his fault, so I guess it's fine as far as it goes. But even judging the guy purely on his own terms I really struggle with the idea that it's not his fault that he's had no discernible impact on the defense's performance, let alone the team's.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Except it is his problem. He was drafted sixth overall. Teammates and coaches and executives and rival players and he himself constantly refer to him as a leader. The year before we drafted Adams we went 4-12 and the defense finished 21st in DVOA. Since then we've gone 5-11 (18th) and 4-12 (21st). I get that you guys have to handwave the concept of value to keep everyone from talking about Mahomes et al, and that really isn't his fault, so I guess it's fine as far as it goes. But even judging the guy purely on his own terms I really struggle with the idea that it's not his fault that he's had no discernible impact on the defense's performance, let alone the team's.

Well if it's your opinion he has no discernible impact on the teams defense, that's your opinion and so be it.  I completely disagree.  I think people would see a huge downturn in effectiveness of the Jets defense if Adams wasn't playing.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

The whole team stinks I can think of about 50 reasons why that have nothing to do with Jamal . 

It'd be nice if Jamal would do something to help make the defense not be terrible.  

For all the excuses about Jamal "not being the problem", there's no case to suggest he's part of the solution either.  He may be low on the list of problems, but it's also true that he's no better than the 4th most impactful defender on this team.  He isn't the primary or backup playcaller on D.  He doesn't create turnovers.  He's constantly a step slow in coverage.  He doesn't help us get pressure on the QB.  He's a freelance Linebacker.  Cool.  You can find guys like that in the 4th round of the draft.  

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well if it's your opinion he has no discernible impact on the teams defense, that's your opinion and so be it.  I completely disagree.  I think people would see a huge downturn in effectiveness of the Jets defense if Adams wasn't playing.

i don't think we'd see a huge downturn.  his replacement would not be as good as he is though.  

the larger problem is that adams is more focused on his social media profile than the team and locker room.  darnold wouldn't be messing around with this, he is all about the team

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The defense has not improved since he arrived. That's not my opinion. It's a statistical fact. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It'd be nice if Jamal would do something to help make the defense not be terrible.  

For all the excuses about Jamal "not being the problem", there's no case to suggest he's part of the solution either.  

and crap like this doesn't portray himself out to be a true leader either.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Yes let’s just trade the best player we have from a team already bereft of any semblance of talent. If I were a player I wouldn’t want to play here either— nothing but angry drunk old men fans who sh*t on everyone and everything. He’s done nothing but buy in and play since he’s been here but you guys hate him for whatever reason.

We need draft picks so we can draft more useless DL. 

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So we'd be 7-27 instead of 9-25 with the # 28 defense instead of the # 26 defense?

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Riddle me this, if the jets have so few talented players, why trade away one of them?

If some team values Adams highly(i.e. is willing to part with a 1 for him), you definitely trade him because you can fill that spot(which really isn't a vital spot to have a great player) cheaply: you can get guys to play SS just about as good as Adams in the 4th and 5th round

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

If some team values Adams highly(i.e. is willing to part with a 1 for him), you definitely trade him because you can fill that spot(which really isn't a vital spot to have a great player) cheaply: you can get guys to play SS just about as good as Adams in the 4th and 5th round

like what the dolphins just did with minkah.  good trade for them.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Yes, its the fans' fault we're 9-25 since Jamal arrived.  Praise Jamal, whatever would we accomplish without him?

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think we'd see a huge downturn.  his replacement would not be as good as he is though.  

the larger problem is that adams is more focused on his social media profile than the team and locker room.  darnold wouldn't be messing around with this, he is all about the team

Sure he is

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For all the excuses about Jamal "not being the problem", there's no case to suggest he's part of the solution either.  

Last night’s D wasn’t terrible.  It’s almost a miracle that given the horrible field position, no Offense at all, and missing some key players on Defense, the Jets were still hanging around in that game in the 3rd Quarter.

The guy I wanted to see step up last night with no Mosely or Quinnen Williams was Leo.  How did Leonard Williams play last night and what kind of impact did he make?

11 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Riddle me this, if the jets have so few talented players, why trade away one of them?

Because we need talented players at premium positions.  Adams is a talented player at a position that doesn't matter.  Simple as that.  

We need the best players on this team to be a QB, LT, EDGE, CB1 and WR1, and basically in that order.  Box Safety/Hybrid LB can't be the best player on this team for us to have any future success.  And to make that happen, we need draft picks, and a lot of them.  Because no free agent/expiring contract LT, EDGE, CB1 or WR1 is signing here without a massive overpay.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Last night’s D wasn’t terrible.  It’s almost a miracle that given the horrible field position, no Offense at all, and missing some key players on Defense, the Jets were still hanging around in that game in the 3rd Quarter.

The guy I wanted to see step up last night with no Mosely or Quinnen Williams was Leo.  How did Leonard Williams play last night and what kind of impact did he make?

i mean, my gosh, did leo even get 1 penalty?  does he even care enough to get one?