Jamal has unfollowed the Jets on IG

prime21

3 minutes ago, msena88 said:

That interview was concerning, sounded incredibly dejected. I respect the coaching staff trying to hold these guys accountable but if the team leaders don't accept it, it's going to get ugly.

This is Connor Hughes trying to spin a narrative.  Might be true but its silly to use that quote from months ago to suggest the Williams-Adams relationship sucks.  Plenty of other reasons why that might be the case IF it even does suck between them....

31 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why are people still acting like Adams is our undisputed best player?

Mosley made more of an impact in 3 quarters of his very first game as a Jet than Adams has in 2+ years.

Then he pulls a groin muscle, has to exit the game, and our defense turns to poop on a stick. Where the hell was Adams to galvanize the troops and get everyone lined up properly?

Then he has 3 penalties last night and arrives late on the play that allowed the Browns to tack on an extra FG before halftime.

It’s unreal how overrated this guy has become, and I was all in favor of drafting him.

If I could get a 1st rounder or guy like Trent Williams to protect Darnold’s blindside for the next 3 years, I’d move his ass in a heartbeat. I question anyone’s football intelligence who is in favor of paying this guy $14-15 million a year in the not too distant future.

This is why you’re that guy! BRAVO ?? 

4993275A-CA71-48BC-873B-1D7E3B90BF00.jpeg

Been pounded to death on here.  Elite safeties make game changing plays - Pick 6s, FFs, Strip Sacks.  He has made none.  He's a decent player, not a great one.  Fins just got a 1st for someone with better ball skills.  Anyone dangling a 1st for a Pro Bowl Box Safety?  IDK...  

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is Connor Hughes trying to spin a narrative.  Might be true but its silly to use that quote from months ago to suggest the Williams-Adams relationship sucks.  Plenty of other reasons why that might be the case IF it even does suck between them....

I believe it’s entirely possible that this was the first time Jamal Adams was held accountable for something in his football life and now he’s going to sulk his way onto the Cardinals. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

First, most of us agreed that a player like Adams and the position he played was not a great pick for a team picking 6 who has a lot of other needs.

Keanu Neal was a great pick for the Falcons in the 20s, and he and Deion Jones took them to the Super Bowl (the year we drafted Darron Lee and Hackenberg).  

For a team that will need to pay a QB big money, it will be hard to pay a safety that does not force turnovers big money.  

A bad team like the Redskins who are not paying a QB will pay him (see Landon Collins).  

He could have been a great addition to already good defense, but the smart move would be to trade him like the Dolphins traded Minkah.  

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Dudes really hate Jamal for weirdest reason and stay tryna blame him for everything like it’s not a team sport..  fan base is trash it’s probay why no good players really wanna come here unless there severely over paid too and even that’s a toss up just ask Mr. barr who was sick to his stomach about coming here

If wittle Jamal kept his mouth shut maybe he wouldn't have to shut down his Instagram. Poor Baby. Toughen up Superstar.

You're part of that fan base dude and just as big a piece of trash as the rest of us. Numbnuts.

• Thumb Down 3

Exactly what I believe. They hate him simply because he was drafted in the top ten. Something that was completely out of his control. 

Jets fans are a weird lot

I honestly believe that we are just damaged as a collective. The way darnold was attacked and given up on after one week of getting chased on 3 step drop backs was sad.

The Jamal hate is literally beyond my capacity. I can understand wanting someone else at the spot in the draft but come on. The guy wants to win and plays hard every single play. Even if he was 1/2 of what we hoped the guy is still great to have on a team. It’s just strange.

I’m still rooting for this team and while I can see the same stuff Everyone else does, this on line attack stuff is just something I can’t subscribe to. Makes me a bit sad

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Every time the Jets lose, a thread is going to pop up about trading Leo and Adams, when they and the defense had nothing to do with the reasons why we lost. It's mind boggling. We lost to the Bills because we had a sick QB and a rotten field goal kicker. We lost to the Browns because our game plan sucked, as did our QB's.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If some team values Adams highly(i.e. is willing to part with a 1 for him), you definitely trade him because you can fill that spot(which really isn't a vital spot to have a great player) cheaply: you can get guys to play SS just about as good as Adams in the 4th and 5th round

So, you think a team would be willing to trade a first round pick for a guy who can be easily replaced with 4th or 5th round talent? Yeah, that makes sense.

• Sympathy 1

So, I just want to try and understand the ever growing circular-reasoning of the SOJ mentality.

We HATED Todd Bowles because there was no accountability in what was done here.  Didn't matter what you did, you played.  Didn't matter if you under-performed, you played.

We hated Mac because he couldn't draft, and his Big-ticket FA's rarely worked out.

So, Adam Gase benches Adams and Johnson, basically saying if you don't play well enough, you don't play.  People are complaining that we are still in the 'circus.'

Joe Douglas hasn't been able to draft anyone or have a F/A period, and he is being judged because he signed a scrap-heap K, WR, and convinced a guy to come out of retirement.  He is basically trying to find starter-quality talent buying at a garage sale, in most part because  the last GM pissed away 4 drafts and hundreds of millions of F/A money and left him with VERY little talent.

Hollywood couldn't make this sh*t up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because we need talented players at premium positions.  Adams is a talented player at a position that doesn't matter.  Simple as that.  

We need the best players on this team to be a QB, LT, EDGE, CB1 and WR1, and basically in that order.  Box Safety/Hybrid LB can't be the best player on this team for us to have any future success.  And to make that happen, we need draft picks, and a lot of them.  Because no free agent/expiring contract LT, EDGE, CB1 or WR1 is signing here without a massive overpay.  

Troy Polamalu and Rodney Harrison clearly did not matter.