Darnold not cleared for contact

shuler82

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well if Sam as a rough start to his return? The die may be cast, because the crowd are going to get on him real fast.

Don't confuse message board fans with Jets fans.  

Darnold wont be boo'd, everyone knows what he's been through

Ecept for fools like Joe W Namath claiming mono was faked

• Post of the Week 2

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don't confuse message board fans with Jets fans.  

Darnold wont be boo'd, everyone knows what he's been through

Ecept for fools like Joe W Namath claiming mono was faked

I don't know if I believe that.  I saw Jet fans cheer when Pennington got hurt.  This is a pretty crappy fanbase.

26 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I don't know if I believe that.  I saw Jet fans cheer when Pennington got hurt.  This is a pretty crappy fanbase.

I was there.  We didn't cheer for Pennington being hurt. 

We cheered because while Pennington was being tended to during a TV timeout the Jets squeezed in one of those paid military recognition moments and fans were applauding for the soldiers waving on the scoreboards.  The end of the applause for those soldiers coincided with Pennington getting up and being helped off the field.

Trust me, I hated Noodles.  I wanted the fans to boo the guy to oblivion.  But it's simply not what happened.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We cheered because while Pennington was being tended to during a TV timeout the Jets squeezed in one of those paid military recognition moments and fans were applauding for the soldiers waving on the scoreboards.  The end of the applause for those soldiers coincided with Pennington getting up and being helped off the field.

Trust me, I hated Noodles.  I wanted the fans to boo the guy to oblivion.  But it's simply not what happened.

SAR I

Ahh the good old days of SAR leading the anti Pennington militia.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Could you tell me how large your spleen is? Could you tell me if it's slightly enlarged? 

Sam knows he feels alright but you can't feel an enlarged spleen which is where the issue is. If Sam takes a hard hit with an enlarged spleen it could be a life threatening injury. You don't risk a potential 15 year franchise QB, behind one of the worst OLs in football, with a <5% chance at the playoffs. 

As much as it sucks you let him heal the right way and bring him back when he's legitimately ready, the season is already lost. Forcing him to play early will not improve our OL.

If his spleen is still enlarged he wont be cleared to play.  I think ur missing the point.

If sam feels good and he spleen is normal, he plays.  There is no reason to hold him out.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Dude. Plenty of us were there. The fans cheered.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If his spleen is still enlarged he wont be cleared to play.  I think ur missing the point.

If sam feels good and he spleen is normal, he plays.  There is no reason to hold him out.

This is fine. Me? I'll leave it to the doctors.

The fact that mono causes an enlarged spleen which can lead to a life-threatening situation if ruptured during a contact sport is new information for me. I have no expertise regarding mono or spleens. I also have little reason to watch Jets' football until Sam gets back into the lineup, but that's not gonna lead me to selfishly want him in the lineup when it's a potentially substantial health risk. I strongly prefer that they hold him out an extra game rather than bring him back one game too early. I can wait. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

This is fine. Me? I'll leave it to the doctors.

The fact that mono causes an enlarged spleen which can lead to a life-threatening situation if ruptured during a contact sport is new information for me. I have no expertise regarding mono or spleens. I also have little reason to watch Jets' football until Sam gets back into the lineup, but that's not gonna lead me to selfishly want him in the lineup when it's a potentially substantial health risk. I strongly prefer that they hold him out an extra game rather than bring him back one game too early. I can wait. 

If Sam goes out there one second too early and gets carted off after a sack and it turns out that they rushed him back, it’s probably the end of Gase in New York. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Sam goes out there one second too early and gets carted off after a sack and it turns out that they rushed him back, it’s probably the end of Gase in New York. 

yes but on the other hand the only time Adam Gase plans more than 4 seconds into the future is when he's running low on powders to sniff

the entire Adam Gase career arc is improbable at best. The man falls ass backward into free pass years.

they call him an offensive genius, the man is out there running the WILDCAT in 2019

THE. WILD. CAT. 

the real issue here is somehow, someway, Chris is worse at running the Jets than Woody

an entirely predictable outcome BTW

Peyton Manning's on the phone he says go F yourself 

there was no way Woody was going to let Chris be better at this than he is 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the Johnson’s would struggle to survive. The media and fan back lash would be massive, and would hit the whole NFL like a fire storm.

If the Doc’s don’t pass him because that spleen is still enlarged he’s out.

Personally I don’t think he plays, I think it was to big when they checked Monday, hopefully I’m wrong.

52 minutes ago, bitonti said:

.they call him an offensive genius, the man is out there running the WILDCAT in 2019

THE. WILD. CAT. 

And the type of wild cat that apparently only involves one option- run the ball right into the interior lineman’s ass for a 2 yard gain.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, AbstraKt said:

Tweets like Nimbley's is the reason why I stopped following Jets bear writers. 

If the Doctors say he is healthy enough to where he can take hits, waiting an extra week makes no sense. Obviously if the Dr. says he can play but it may be a good idea to wait a week, THEN you should wait a week. 
I am sure Darnold and his family won't let him play if he is at any risk of serious injury from playing. The Jets also have every reason to protect Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Madness is a bit of an overstatement. If Sam’s spleen is back to normal there’s no physical risk to him being out on the field. No, he won’t be 100% and it will take some time to build his stamina but if he’s cleared and can play, he’ll play. 

Will his stamina be at 100%? Probably not

Will his stamina be higher than it was Week 1? Definitely. 

Darnold at 80pct stamina >>>>>>>> Luke Falk. 

Again, this is all assuming that the Doctors clear him to play. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Darnold at 80pct stamina >>>>>>>> Luke Falk. 

Absolutely and it's even more than that. 

I think the team will get a huge emotional burst just to see an NFL QB under center again. 

It uplifts the whole team to get Darnold back in there. The team is utterly hopeless with Falk. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not the point. Point is the season wasn’t going to be a successful one record wise with or without Darnold starting 16 games. But you knew that. 

That's not even what I'm talking about. That's your assumption. I was excited for Darnolds development. What he looked like in (what I thought would be) a more imaginative offense. To see him utilize his shiny new toys in Bell and Crowder. I never thought we were playoff bound or making a superbowl run. I thought 8-8 was a fair, if somewhat optimistic, prediction. I wanted to see a competitive team. Unlike what we've had the last five frickin years. Now all of that's derailed. By freaking mono. 

But you knew that. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

Now all of that's derailed. By freaking mono.  

Remember when Bryan Thomas wasted like his whole rookie season because he was eating McDonald's everyday? 

Like the dude ran a 4.4 at 255 at the combine goes first round, but didn't know how to cook and 6 months later he's living in a bachelor pad full of garbage and has like a vitamin deficiency? 

that's 10 x better and smarter than what Sam Darnold did to this season. 

Bryan Thomas was a rookie from Alabama Birmingham... supposed to be 3rd down pass rusher behind Abe and Ellis.

Everyone was relying on second year Sam Darnold, smart USC possible franchise qb 

he got hurt last year and threw a million picks before having 1 good month (a total of 3 maybe 4 good games all year)

this year he's got like a QB rating of 38 and an enlarged spleen. Daniel Jones is legit looking like a better option. 

this is the guy we have to give 100 million dollars to in 3 years? 

not a rhetorical question 

12 hours ago, nico002 said:

Ahh the good old days of SAR leading the anti Pennington militia.

SAR was right.  So right.  And he was right about Sanchez too.  No, no......not about him being some great HOF quarterback, but better than we'd had prior and certainly better than we've had since.

Ask yourself what things might have been like if we never dabbled with Tebow, never drafted Geno, never got Mark hurt, and got a decent OC not named Sporano in here.  There is a very high likelihood that we make the playoffs a few more times, maybe get lucky like we did in '09 and '10 again.  There aren't that many quarterbacks born with postseason DNA and Sanchez was one of them.

SAR I

4 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Dude. Plenty of us were there. The fans cheered.

It coincided with the PA system blaring "FANS GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR STAFF SGT. JIM JOHNSON WHO HAS JUST RETURNED FROM A 5 YEAR TOUR IN IRAQ!".  It wasn't a Bronx cheer for Pennington.  It was a lukewarm round of applause for a veteran.

SAR I

13 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

You don't risk a potential 15 year franchise QB, behind one of the worst OLs in football, with a <5% chance at the playoffs. 

Is this implying, that, if Sam was clearly not a franchise QB, you'd be okay with risking his life?

Just asking lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

yes but on the other hand the only time Adam Gase plans more than 4 seconds into the future is when he's running low on powders to sniff

the entire Adam Gase career arc is improbable at best. The man falls ass backward into free pass years.

they call him an offensive genius, the man is out there running the WILDCAT in 2019

THE. WILD. CAT. 

On 11/5/2018 at 8:46 AM, bitonti said:

the fact any Jets fan thinks firing a coach the year he was hired is a good idea is reason number one why this job is terrible: Sky high expectations while spending bottom 5 resources

giphy.gif