Jets will lose to Raiders this Sunday

Alka

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

You got your SB tickets yet?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not this year yet.  Something like the 7th most cap space.   5 picks of the first 90 picks in the 2020 draft.   Give Mike Mayock another offseason , and maybe next year more realistic expectations.         The goal is to make the playoffs.    They do that it was a successful season.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Raiders haven't won a playoff game since what, pre Rex? 

6 seasons before Rex? 

Made the playoffs once in the last 17 seasons?  

Just win baby!  Excellence. 

When was the last time the Jets even made the playoffs.    Another top five draft pick.  You would think with all those high picks they would be on the cusp of being a playoff team.  Oh well maybe next year.  

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

When was the last time the Jets even made the playoffs.    Another top five draft pick.

2010 and almost it to a Super Bowl, raiders made the playoffs 2016 and were one and done, previous playoff appearance for raiders was 14 years earlier 

You sure showed us there 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If Carr goes pass happy to his TE sort of like Fitzmagic did with Gesicki, it’ll be a long afternoon .

It’ll be an interesting chess match vs Gruden and Williams for Gruden will force our defense to defend against the pass.

All that being said it should be a close game. I hope that turnovers don’t dictate who ultimately wins, but it probably will.

If Adams and Maye are so freaking good in coverage than Waller should not go off on us the way Gesicki did 3 weeks ago

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Why? You're free do you as you like. 

I would consider changing the thread title to ALKA's GAME PREDICTION THREAD or something like that...

and then you can add to it each week, and it will bump when you do.

YOur POV is entirely reasonable. We played 2 teams that are demonstrably worse than we are...and we have been pretty damned miserable. Our O Line looks marginally better...  but??  Hard to tell against such lousy competition of its just playing worse teams...  or a real step up in play.

People lose their mind cos Adams pads his sack stats against the dregs of the league...   all well and good.

THis game is a tough one and one that I'd never bet...      "trap" game potential for Raiders and well, SOJ performance...

Am gonna watch this one and stay in the game thread.

Thank you!  That's very nice to you to say.  For the record, I started this thread out of boredom, and it has been interesting to get the very positive to very negative feedback from my thread.  One thing it did do, was get over 1,000 views and over 120 or so responses, so for entertainment purposes, I feel I accomplished what I set out to do.

Honestly, although I feel the way I feel this week, I want to be wrong.  I am a huge Jets fan, and if the Jets do win, I know I will get buried by the negativity, but like I said, at least it makes things interesting. Everyone who is saying that I just got lucky these last few weeks are probably right, but I also predicted on this board before the season that we would win a total of 7 games this year, and 8 if everyone stayed healthy. So, I had no illusions about the Jets going to the playoffs this year, like so many on this board did.  

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

When was the last time the Jets even made the playoffs.    Another top five draft pick.  You would think with all those high picks they would be on the cusp of being a playoff team.  Oh well maybe next year.  

We’re 4-2 in the plays since the Rex.  

Who seem to draft Right after the Jets 

one playoff appearance in 17 years.  1-17.   I would stop talking smack given 1-17, that’s Browns like.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We’re 4-2 in the plays since the Rex.  

Who seem to draft Right after the Jets 

one playoff appearance in 17 years.  1-17.   I would stop talking smack given 1-17, that’s Browns like.

If I go on patsfans.com I get banned in 2 minutes

Here we let trolls from every team.  At least this guy is a raiders fan that’s admirable compared to nice weather Patriots fans

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

2010 and almost it to a Super Bowl, raiders made the playoffs 2016 and were one and done, previous playoff appearance for raiders was 14 years earlier 

You sure showed us there 

Every time I think it can’t get worse as a Jets fans, I think actually it could be. I could be a fan of the Raidas. 

On 11/22/2019 at 7:46 PM, Raideraholic said:

image.jpeg.001602afcac575e57d5b3e0b6fffdd69.jpeg

The Raiders strength is their offense line.  Lt K Miller Lg R Incognito c Rodney Hudson Rg Gabe Jackson ( doesn’t look right - might be D Good time) Rt Trent Brown .  Both Te’s ( Waller and F Moreau) are complete Te’s. 

OL is pretty much everything in modern football. Shockingly it is not run stuffing DTs

On 11/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, Alka said:

Yes, I started a thread predicting a Jets win against the Cowboys, then against the Giants, and then I predicted a domination performance against the Redskins.  I predicted a close losing game to the Patriots, where we were blown out, so if you want to criticize me, you can do it on that thread.

Why do I feel the Jets will lose, when many fans and experts think the Jets will win on Sunday:

1. Flat out, the Oakland Raiders are the better team.  Sorry, but it's the truth.

2. While the Jets dominated against the Redskins, they made mistakes that they can not make against the Raiders with the hope of beating them.  Interception by Darnold, fumble the ball away on a kickoff, penalties against the Jets after we make good offensive plays.  This same team from last week, if playing the same as last week, will lose to the Raiders this week.

3. Raiders have some good pass rushers, and against our offensive line, I believe will be the deciding factor in the game, along with mistakes that I believe the Jets will make which they will not be able to overcome.

If I am wrong this week, I promise not to start any more threads with predictions for the rest of the season, and I sincerely hope that I am wrong.  I really do want the Jets to win.  It's only because I have been perfect in my recent predictions that I continue, for entertainment value.  I said I would not start any threads predicting a Jets loss, but I figured that I would do so if anyone was interested in seeing my streak continue or end.

Final Score:   Raiders 27     Jets 20

you must he Nostradamus?

• Haha 1

Yes, I started a thread predicting a Jets win against the Cowboys, then against the Giants, and then I predicted a domination performance against the Redskins.  I predicted a close losing game to the Patriots, where we were blown out, so if you want to criticize me, you can do it on that thread.

Why do I feel the Jets will lose, when many fans and experts think the Jets will win on Sunday:

1. Flat out, the Oakland Raiders are the better team.  Sorry, but it's the truth.

2. While the Jets dominated against the Redskins, they made mistakes that they can not make against the Raiders with the hope of beating them.  Interception by Darnold, fumble the ball away on a kickoff, penalties against the Jets after we make good offensive plays.  This same team from last week, if playing the same as last week, will lose to the Raiders this week.

3. Raiders have some good pass rushers, and against our offensive line, I believe will be the deciding factor in the game, along with mistakes that I believe the Jets will make which they will not be able to overcome.

If I am wrong this week, I promise not to start any more threads with predictions for the rest of the season, and I sincerely hope that I am wrong.  I really do want the Jets to win.  It's only because I have been perfect in my recent predictions that I continue, for entertainment value.  I said I would not start any threads predicting a Jets loss, but I figured that I would do so if anyone was interested in seeing my streak continue or end.

Your posts do, ironically, have fantastic predictive value. Please keep up the good work. 

• Haha 1

Your prediction was incorrect.

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2019 at 10:26 AM, Raideraholic said:

No doubt the Raiders are going to run football ,and they don’t care if any teams the number 1 team defending the run.( See the Bears who I believe were number 1 run defense before they played the Raiders).  I think they love the challenge .

Even by some chance the Jets stop the Raiders running game , it isn’t going to stop their offense.     They just go to their passing game.( they will Bring in their Receiving backs ( Jalen Richard, and DeAndre Washington).  They love matching them on opposing lbs.    

The Raiders are an excellent blitz pickup team - offense line,  backs, and Carr gets the ball out so fast.    Once the Raiders pick up the blitz they are going to have chance for big plays down the field.( hope J Adams blitzes a lot) 

Carr is great at reading defenses, ( will come to line of scrimmage , and isn’t afraid to change the play what the defense is showing.  He will throw to so many different targets.     Only thing that can slow this Raider offense is penalties.   They aren’t made for third and longs.    It doesn’t matters if you get your yards on the ground , or through the Air.( just manageable third down to goes.)

Image result for fuck you gif"

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2