Jets will lose to Raiders this Sunday

Alka

4 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Edoga, Lewis, and Beachum all questionable 

Demaryius Thomas is questionable with a hamstring 

Henry Anderson and Steve McClendon are questionable 

The Jets look to be incredibly banged up for this game. 

Raiders-31

Jets-7

To be fair we look incredibly banged up every game. If Mosley goes on IR that’s 62 million on IR!

19 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

To be fair we look incredibly banged up every game. If Mosley goes on IR that’s 62 million on IR!

Yea but the OL could potentially be:

LT: Shell

LG: Leo Kolomatangi

C : Harrison

RG: Compton

RT: Conor McDermott

Also no Thomas means more Vyncint Smith which usually leads to drops, fumbles, or INTs. 

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Raiders are a better team, but their strength is protect Carr with a power running game. Surprisingly the Jets strength, #1 rush Defence, in the league.

If Bless Austin continues to play well (Big If), plus being a West coast team on the East coast. I think we win a Squeaker.

This is Won in the trenches, Raiders pass rush v Jets Run D.

No doubt the Raiders are going to run football ,and they don’t care if any teams the number 1 team defending the run.( See the Bears who I believe were number 1 run defense before they played the Raiders).  I think they love the challenge .

Even by some chance the Jets stop the Raiders running game , it isn’t going to stop their offense.     They just go to their passing game.( they will Bring in their Receiving backs ( Jalen Richard, and DeAndre Washington).  They love matching them on opposing lbs.    

The Raiders are an excellent blitz pickup team - offense line,  backs, and Carr gets the ball out so fast.    Once the Raiders pick up the blitz they are going to have chance for big plays down the field.( hope J Adams blitzes a lot) 

Carr is great at reading defenses, ( will come to line of scrimmage , and isn’t afraid to change the play what the defense is showing.  He will throw to so many different targets.     Only thing that can slow this Raider offense is penalties.   They aren’t made for third and longs.    It doesn’t matters if you get your yards on the ground , or through the Air.( just manageable third down to goes.)

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

Edoga, Lewis, and Beachum all questionable 

Demaryius Thomas is questionable with a hamstring 

Henry Anderson and Steve McClendon are questionable 

The Jets look to be incredibly banged up for this game. 

Raiders-31

Jets-7

The term questionable designation isn’t the same in the NFL, as it was in the old day.( when they had  the Probable designation.      Most everyone on that questionable list is going to play for the Jets. ( new probable ).    Now doubtful, and out .  That player isn’t playing.   

Were in week 12 in the NFL , what player isn’t hurting by now. 

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No doubt the Raiders are going to run football ,and they don’t care if any teams the number 1 team defending the run.( See the Bears who I believe were number 1 run defense before they played the Raiders).  I think they love the challenge .

Even by some chance the Jets stop the Raiders running game , it isn’t going to stop their offense.     They just go to their passing game.( they will Bring in their Receiving backs ( Jalen Richard, and DeAndre Washington).  They love matching them on opposing lbs.    

The Raiders are an excellent blitz pickup team - offense line,  backs, and Carr gets the ball out so fast.    Once the Raiders pick up the blitz they are going to have chance for big plays down the field.( hope J Adams blitzes a lot) 

Carr is great at reading defenses, ( will come to line of scrimmage , and isn’t afraid to change the play what the defense is showing.  He will throw to so many different targets.     Only thing that can slow this Raider offense is penalties.   They aren’t made for third and longs.    It doesn’t matters if you get your yards on the ground , or through the Air.( just manageable third down to goes.)

Yes, you have reminded us many times about this Raider Jaugernaut. I'm sure you've laid enough money down in Vegas on this game to set yourself for a nice retirement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Because it is a classic “trap” game when analyzed from the Raiders side.

Cross country flight and basically a 10am start time for the Raiders.

Raiders, a supposed “play off” team,  only laying 3 points, to a team dismissed as the “worst team in the NFL” only 2 weeks ago....Vegas is begging you to bet the Raiders.  That’s why this pro gambler likes the Jets and the contrarian view.

My favorite game all year was the Jets against  Tom Brady and his 6 SB trophies vs Luke Falk (who I think I could throw all ball farther than, even today).  Over 90% of the Public went with Brady and laid I think it was 16 points.  Strange game, Belichick refused to go for 4th and 1 inside Jet territory with already I think a 2 TD lead, almost like a fighter who is supposed to take a dive holding up the guy he’s supposed to lose to.  I’ve never seen him do that in a game against the team he hates the most.  He always plays it no mercy vs the Jets, but not this particular week.

Then he put his back up QB in in the 4th Qtr to throw a Pick 6 that gave the Jets the cover...NO points were generated by Luke Falk of course, but the Jets were able to put 14 points on the board.

I’m sure the same pro gambler bet Luke Falk that game, with the Public still shaking their heads as to how Tom Brady couldn’t cover vs Luke Falk....with the pro gambler and Vegas laughing all the way to the bank.

Very interesting in what you say about that particular Jets/Patriots game.

I heard a professional gambler on ESPN radio talking about this game before it happened, and he was picking the Jets that game.  What he said I will never forget.  He said that the goal of the coach and the team is not necessarily the goal of the sports better.  The coach may not want to run up the score.  If you think about it, Bellicheck had a reason not to run up the score.  This was the first of tw meetings for this year, and perhaps Belicheck was not looking to give the Jets any added incentive for the second meeting.  I remember when the Pats beat the Jets one year really bad, it was the second meeting where the Jets got crushed.  In that same year, the Jets came back in the playoffs and beat the Pats.  Maybe there was a lesson there for Belicheck?

Yes, I started a thread predicting a Jets win against the Cowboys, then against the Giants, and then I predicted a domination performance against the Redskins.  I predicted a close losing game to the Patriots, where we were blown out, so if you want to criticize me, you can do it on that thread.
Why do I feel the Jets will lose, when many fans and experts think the Jets will win on Sunday:
1. Flat out, the Oakland Raiders are the better team.  Sorry, but it's the truth.
2. While the Jets dominated against the Redskins, they made mistakes that they can not make against the Raiders with the hope of beating them.  Interception by Darnold, fumble the ball away on a kickoff, penalties against the Jets after we make good offensive plays.  This same team from last week, if playing the same as last week, will lose to the Raiders this week.
3. Raiders have some good pass rushers, and against our offensive line, I believe will be the deciding factor in the game, along with mistakes that I believe the Jets will make which they will not be able to overcome.
If I am wrong this week, I promise not to start any more threads with predictions for the rest of the season, and I sincerely hope that I am wrong.  I really do want the Jets to win.  It's only because I have been perfect in my recent predictions that I continue, for entertainment value.  I said I would not start any threads predicting a Jets loss, but I figured that I would do so if anyone was interested in seeing my streak continue or end.
Final Score:   Raiders 27     Jets 20

Boooooooo.
You’ve Been money. You shouldn’t predict a loss man. Ever consider that you were affecting the results of the game with your choices?? Come on man!! You gotta put the positive vibes into the ether for our team!!

Change your prediction please

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I give you one thing, you’re consistent. You tell us how good the Raiders are every year. On the shear weight of odds they might be good sometime.

Clearly you did it right in building a very good line. Your rookie running back has been great. I’m sorry but Carr is a just a game manager. Although that will do.

Let’s see how our poor line holds up against your pass rush. I think our D-line rotation is very good, and will clog the middle. Our linebackers outside of Hewitt and Jenkins are poor. Should be an interesting game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Boooooooo.
You’ve Been money. You shouldn’t predict a loss man. Ever consider that you were affecting the results of the game with your choices?? Come on man!! You gotta put the positive vibes into the ether for our team!!

Change your prediction please emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You know, I think you might be right!!  Do you think I want to be right this week?  I want to be wrong, and have people telling me to go back in hiding.  I will be rooting for the Jets to win, and thus, I am rooting for my run to end.  I can't be right every week, can I?

That would be crazy!  I will mess up, one of these weeks, and I will say this:

This has been the toughest week for me in terms of picking this game.  It's counterintuitive to what I want to believe, so this week may very well end my streak.  I really hope so!!

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Picked the Jets over the Giants AND Skins you say?  
Run and place your bets, Nostradamus has checked on.  Lol

You forgot to mention that I picked the first win against the Cowboys, when they were like 16 point favorites in our stadium.  And you forgot to mention that I picked the Jets to dominate the Redskins and win by 20 points (they won by 17) in a week that the Redskins were favored.  

What have you predicted?

The Cowboys were the better team and we won. 

We can beat the Raiders. Not saying we will, but we certainly are capable of it.

The Raiders are a good team but they aren't a top team in the conference. Their defense isn't very good. We should be able to move the ball against them. We just need to score TD's instead of kicking field goals in this game. Our corners, who have played really well (Austin, Maulet) are going to be put to the test this week. If they are up to the challenge against Carr we have a real shot to upset the Raiders who are coming across the country to play a 1pm game. 

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I give you one thing, you’re consistent. You tell us how good the Raiders are every year. On the shear weight of odds they might be good sometime.

Clearly you did it right in building a very good line. Your rookie running back has been great. I’m sorry but Carr is a just a game manager. Although that will do.

Let’s see how our poor line holds up against your pass rush. I think our D-line rotation is very good, and will clog the middle. Our linebackers outside of Hewitt and Jenkins are poor. Should be an interesting game.

Again we are going to see but the bears front seven is a little more imposing than the Jets front seven.  The Raiders were able to run on them( they were number 1 than too), and I expect they will have success on the Jets defense too.

Raiders can line up in so many different combinations .  2 Te’s , Fb and full back in the backfield with Tyrell Williams .    Three Te’s ( with D Carrier 6’4 240 As H back- really a wr. ) one Te Darren Waller+ two monster size Wr. Tyrell Williams 6’4 205 and Martel Ateman 6’4 220 who are both physical run blockers.

Raiders aren’t a one dimensional offense that has to be able to run the ball to win. They have  a variety of weapons that can hurt a defense in the passing game.

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Again we are going to see but the bears front seven is a little more imposing than the Jets front seven.  The Raiders were able to run on them( they were number 1 than too), and I expect they will have success on the Jets defense too.

Raiders can line up in so many different combinations .  2 Te’s , Fb and full back in the backfield with Tyrell Williams .    Three Te’s ( with D Carrier 6’4 240 As H back- really a wr. ) one Te Darren Waller+ two monster size Wr. Tyrell Williams 6’4 205 and Martel Ateman 6’4 220 who are both physical run blockers.

Raiders aren’t a one dimensional offense that has to be able to run the ball to win. They have  a variety of weapons that can hurt a defense in the passing game.

So your saying NY Jets win 48-45 in a shootout. 

1 hour ago, Alka said:

You forgot to mention that I picked the first win against the Cowboys, when they were like 16 point favorites in our stadium.  And you forgot to mention that I picked the Jets to dominate the Redskins and win by 20 points (they won by 17) in a week that the Redskins were favored.  

What have you predicted?

U picked the jets to win by 20 and they won by 17.  So you’ve already been wrong.

Jets 27

Raiders 14

1 hour ago, Alka said:

What have you predicted?

You made one pick against the given of the Cowboys on paper we’re the better team.  Just as a whole lot of us knew the Jets on paper were better than the Giants and Skins.  

i didn’t make the Cowboy pick.  Face it, mounting losses and Sams first game back you took a guess.  The other two, I saw Jet wins.  I’m not starting threads and bragging though. 

14 hours ago, Alka said:

You're joshing with me, right?  Sorry, but it's hard to detect sarcasm through the written word.

Yes hes joshing. 

Probably because youve gotten a little full of yourself.

hey heres one: since theres no such thing as predictions, but the laws of chance still exist, the jets win because the laws of chance say you cant keep picking the outcomes

3 hours ago, Alka said:

Very interesting in what you say about that particular Jets/Patriots game.

I heard a professional gambler on ESPN radio talking about this game before it happened, and he was picking the Jets that game.  What he said I will never forget.  He said that the goal of the coach and the team is not necessarily the goal of the sports better.  The coach may not want to run up the score.  If you think about it, Bellicheck had a reason not to run up the score.  This was the first of tw meetings for this year, and perhaps Belicheck was not looking to give the Jets any added incentive for the second meeting.  I remember when the Pats beat the Jets one year really bad, it was the second meeting where the Jets got crushed.  In that same year, the Jets came back in the playoffs and beat the Pats.  Maybe there was a lesson there for Belicheck?

You make good points.

We’ll never know in totality exactly what his motivations were.

But, and this is only my take, not going for the 1st down on I think the Jet 41...4th and 1 with around 1:30 left before halftime was definitely the strangest thing I’ve ever seen Belichick do.  All his moves are usually so well thought out, but that made less than no sense.  Even if you’re stopped, Luke Falk isn’t moving the ball even into FG range.  If you’re not stopped in all likelihood Brady puts up a 3rd TD (now covering the spread) and burying the Jets with a 3 TD deficit for them to think about.

Sometimes the NFL seems like pro wrestling.

15 hours ago, Alka said:

Yes, I started a thread predicting a Jets win against the Cowboys, then against the Giants, and then I predicted a domination performance against the Redskins.  I predicted a close losing game to the Patriots, where we were blown out, so if you want to criticize me, you can do it on that thread.

Why do I feel the Jets will lose, when many fans and experts think the Jets will win on Sunday:

1. Flat out, the Oakland Raiders are the better team.  Sorry, but it's the truth.

2. While the Jets dominated against the Redskins, they made mistakes that they can not make against the Raiders with the hope of beating them.  Interception by Darnold, fumble the ball away on a kickoff, penalties against the Jets after we make good offensive plays.  This same team from last week, if playing the same as last week, will lose to the Raiders this week.

3. Raiders have some good pass rushers, and against our offensive line, I believe will be the deciding factor in the game, along with mistakes that I believe the Jets will make which they will not be able to overcome.

If I am wrong this week, I promise not to start any more threads with predictions for the rest of the season, and I sincerely hope that I am wrong.  I really do want the Jets to win.  It's only because I have been perfect in my recent predictions that I continue, for entertainment value.  I said I would not start any threads predicting a Jets loss, but I figured that I would do so if anyone was interested in seeing my streak continue or end.

Final Score:   Raiders 27     Jets 20

They do have a better  coach, but so does 30 other teams.