Jets will lose to Raiders this Sunday

Alka

Yes, I started a thread predicting a Jets win against the Cowboys, then against the Giants, and then I predicted a domination performance against the Redskins.  I predicted a close losing game to the Patriots, where we were blown out, so if you want to criticize me, you can do it on that thread.

Why do I feel the Jets will lose, when many fans and experts think the Jets will win on Sunday:

1. Flat out, the Oakland Raiders are the better team.  Sorry, but it's the truth.

2. While the Jets dominated against the Redskins, they made mistakes that they can not make against the Raiders with the hope of beating them.  Interception by Darnold, fumble the ball away on a kickoff, penalties against the Jets after we make good offensive plays.  This same team from last week, if playing the same as last week, will lose to the Raiders this week.

3. Raiders have some good pass rushers, and against our offensive line, I believe will be the deciding factor in the game, along with mistakes that I believe the Jets will make which they will not be able to overcome.

If I am wrong this week, I promise not to start any more threads with predictions for the rest of the season, and I sincerely hope that I am wrong.  I really do want the Jets to win.  It's only because I have been perfect in my recent predictions that I continue, for entertainment value.  I said I would not start any threads predicting a Jets loss, but I figured that I would do so if anyone was interested in seeing my streak continue or end.

Final Score:   Raiders 27     Jets 20

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Alka said:

Yes, I started a thread predicting a Jets win against the Cowboys, then against the Giants, and then I predicted a domination performance against the Redskins.  I predicted a close losing game to the Patriots, where we were blown out, so if you want to criticize me, you can do it on that thread.

Why do I feel the Jets will lose, when many fans and experts think the Jets will win on Sunday:

1. Flat out, the Oakland Raiders are the better team.  Sorry, but it's the truth.

2. While the Jets dominated against the Redskins, they made mistakes that they can not make against the Raiders with the hope of beating them.  Interception by Darnold, fumble the ball away on a kickoff, penalties against the Jets after we make good offensive plays.  This same team from last week, if playing the same as last week, will lose to the Raiders this week.

3. Raiders have some good pass rushers, and against our offensive line, I believe will be the deciding factor in the game, along with mistakes that I believe the Jets will make which they will not be able to overcome.

If I am wrong this week, I promise not to start any more threads with predictions for the rest of the season, and I sincerely hope that I am wrong.  I really do want the Jets to win.  It's only because I have been perfect in my recent predictions that I continue, for entertainment value.  I said I would not start any threads predicting a Jets loss, but I figured that I would do so if anyone was interested in seeing my streak continue or end.

Final Score:   Raiders 27     Jets 20

Where in the world are you getting the notion that "many experts" are picking the Jets? Virtually every major sports network/analyst has the Raiders with the W and Vegas already has us as underdogs at home?

What you're predicting is literally what every football show is already predicting, Nostradamus you are not my friend lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob123 said:

I agree with you because the Raiders are actually a very good team who need this win to continue a drive to the playoffs.

The Raiders are not all that good, the only team with a winning record they have beaten was the Colts.  If the Jets shut down their running game and get pressure in Carr's face they will beat them.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Where in the world are you getting the notion that "many experts" are picking the Jets? Virtually every major sports network/analyst has the Raiders with the W and Vegas already has us as underdogs at home?

What you're predicting is literally what every football show is already predicting, Nostradamus you are not my friend lol. 

I misspoke.  I heard on ESPN radio today a professional football gambler saying that he felt strongly about the Jets winning this Sunday.  I heard others agreeing with him, but "many experts" is an exaggeration on my part.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Alka said:

I misspoke.  I heard on ESPN radio today a professional football gambler saying that he felt strongly about the Jets winning this Sunday.  I heard others agreeing with him, but "many experts" is an exaggeration on my part.

Fair enough. I honestly wouldnt be surprised either way, win or loose. But as far as experts are concerned, ESPN alone is picking Raiders with 8 out of 12 experts. 

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This poster has been right on the money.  He has earned the right to continue with his predictions IMO.

No wisecracks from me...

Thanks, but I understand how many fans feel differently here.  After 2 wins in a row, and a dominant performance against the Redskins, and now playing at home, I know as a Jets fan we all want to believe that this will continue against a Raiders team who has flaws.

I feel that this is exactly the time to try to put things in perspective, and get a dose of reality.

Reality for me is that the Jets beat up on one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL last week, and beat a Giants team that is one of the 5 or 6 worst teams in the NFL the week before.  Aside from the Dallas game (which I predicted the Jets first win), we have looked the part of a bad team.

Beating the Raiders would be a turn of events and a turn of fortunes for this jets team, and one that I don't believe we are ready for yet.  If I am wrong and the Jets do beat the Raiders, then I will be wrong about the Jets and the Raiders.  Hey, Sunday will tell all.

56 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The Raiders are not all that good, the only team with a winning record they have beaten was the Colts.  If the Jets shut down their running game and get pressure in Carr's face they will beat them.

image.jpeg.001602afcac575e57d5b3e0b6fffdd69.jpeg

The Raiders strength is their offense line.  Lt K Miller Lg R Incognito c Rodney Hudson Rg Gabe Jackson ( doesn’t look right - might be D Good time) Rt Trent Brown .  Both Te’s ( Waller and F Moreau) are complete Te’s. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Alka said:

Because it is a classic “trap” game when analyzed from the Raiders side.

Cross country flight and basically a 10am start time for the Raiders.

Raiders, a supposed “play off” team,  only laying 3 points, to a team dismissed as the “worst team in the NFL” only 2 weeks ago....Vegas is begging you to bet the Raiders.  That’s why this pro gambler likes the Jets and the contrarian view.

My favorite game all year was the Jets against  Tom Brady and his 6 SB trophies vs Luke Falk (who I think I could throw all ball farther than, even today).  Over 90% of the Public went with Brady and laid I think it was 16 points.  Strange game, Belichick refused to go for 4th and 1 inside Jet territory with already I think a 2 TD lead, almost like a fighter who is supposed to take a dive holding up the guy he’s supposed to lose to.  I’ve never seen him do that in a game against the team he hates the most.  He always plays it no mercy vs the Jets, but not this particular week.

Then he put his back up QB in in the 4th Qtr to throw a Pick 6 that gave the Jets the cover...NO points were generated by Luke Falk of course, but the Jets were able to put 14 points on the board.

I’m sure the same pro gambler bet Luke Falk that game, with the Public still shaking their heads as to how Tom Brady couldn’t cover vs Luke Falk....with the pro gambler and Vegas laughing all the way to the bank.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

The “many people are saying” thing is like the new was of spinning false state,ents into facts

39 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Because it is a classic “trap” game when analyzed from the Raiders side.

Cross country flight and basically a 10am start time for the Raiders.

Raiders, a supposed “play off” team,  only laying 3 points, to a team dismissed as the “worst team in the NFL” only 2 weeks ago....Vegas is begging you to bet the Raiders.  That’s why this pro gambler likes the Jets and the contrarian view.

My favorite game all year was the Jets against  Tom Brady and his 6 SB trophies vs Luke Falk (who I think I could throw all ball farther than, even today).  Over 90% of the Public went with Brady and laid I think it was 16 points.  Strange game, Belichick refused to go for 4th and 1 inside Jet territory with already I think a 2 TD lead, almost like a fighter who is supposed to take a dive holding up the guy he’s supposed to lose to.  I’ve never seen him do that in a game against the team he hates the most.  He always plays it no mercy vs the Jets, but not this particular week.

Then he put his back up QB in in the 4th Qtr to throw a Pick 6 that gave the Jets the cover...NO points were generated by Luke Falk of course, but the Jets were able to put 14 points on the board.

I’m sure the same pro gambler bet Luke Falk that game, with the Public still shaking their heads as to how Tom Brady couldn’t cover vs Luke Falk....with the pro gambler and Vegas laughing all the way to the bank.

That pats game was a scratcher.  Lots of weird moves by bb.  

2 hours ago, deucebag said:

Agreed. This is a great test for our Jets.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The raiders are total frauds.  Have been outscored 225-250 on the year.

They are a 4-6 team masquerading as a 6-4 team.

Jets win 27-14.  It wont be close.

I don't  know if we beat them, but I agree they are an average team. They might be a slightly better average team than the Jets.

The Raiders are a better team, but their strength is protect Carr with a power running game. Surprisingly the Jets strength, #1 rush Defence, in the league.

If Bless Austin continues to play well (Big If), plus being a West coast team on the East coast. I think we win a Squeaker.

This is Won in the trenches, Raiders pass rush v Jets Run D.