Playoffs?

kevinc855

Enjoy the fact the Jets are playing well.

Baltimore is real good- that’s saying we don’t slip up in either of the next two- ( historically this has always been what happens)

plus they lose most tie breakers so I say less than 5% chance.

Im just happy to see them resemble a decent NFL football team. Earlier this year they were not.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I think if we get to 6-7 the picture becomes more clear, but Baltimore on the road with only 3 days to prepare probably ends that dream. 

This^ 

Lets talk if we’re 6-7 heading into Baltimore but that’s probably where this train ends. If we some how get passed Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Buffalo isn’t out of the question. Some of these teams are teams that are competing for The 6th seed AFC WC spot. You give each of them losses and it helps in more ways than one.

• Upvote 2

Losing that Bills game and the Miami game will probably come back to bite us in the ass unfortunately.

Between Sam having Mono, the line in shambles, lots of injuries and a brutal schedule to start the year we really fell behind the 8 ball. It's too bad, cause this team has shown some real potential the past few games.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Enjoy the fact the Jets are playing well.

Baltimore is real good- that’s saying we don’t slip up in either of the next two- ( historically this has always been what happens)

plus they lose most tie breakers so I say less than 5% chance.

Im just happy to see them resemble a decent NFL football team. Earlier this year they were not.

The loss to the Dolphins did it.  Had they won that and were sitting at 5-6, you could have them in Baltimore at 7-6 and the dream of 10-6.  Even if they lost they would be better in the TBs and shooting for 9-7.  The loss to Miami is really what put the playoffs out of reach.

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

• Upvote 2

Right now the WC teams are the Steelers and Bills.  Those are also the last two games of the season for the Jets amazingly.

I give the Jets a 2% chance at the playoffs but I honestly see no way they end up any better than 8-8.  Bengals, Dolphins, Steelers and Bills are all beatable.  That doesn't mean the Jets WILL beat them.  But I see almost no scenario where we beat Baltimore.

One thing is for sure though....a season that started as a total train wreck now somehow has a chance to have the Jets playing really meaningful games in December.  That's all I could have asked for at the end of September!

• Upvote 1

The NFL is all about matchups. We have a chance in all our remaining games. Now if we were playing a team like the Packers or 49ers that have a really good pass rush and can push the ball through the air, I'd say we have no chance against those teams. 

Aside from the Ravens, non of these teams have a good offense. And the Ravens offense is elite because of their rushing attack. We have an elite run defense. It's going to be a battle of wills. Yes they beat the Pats who killed us. But the Pats defense is elite because of their pass defense. 

On offense, I think we are going to have a ton of challenges. The Pit game is going to be a mess because they have a few pass rusher that will take advantage of our OL. Fortunately, they have a bad offense. The Bills D and Ravens D is going to be tough for us as well.

I'm tired of the losing. So, I'm just glad we have a chance to play meaningful football in December. However, I don't think we run the table and finish 7-9. 

1 hour ago, Rob123 said:

The loss to the Dolphins did it.  Had they won that and were sitting at 5-6, you could have them in Baltimore at 7-6 and the dream of 10-6.  Even if they lost they would be better in the TBs and shooting for 9-7.  The loss to Miami is really what put the playoffs out of reach.

Not having a kicker week 1... Brutal.