Gase yelling at Darnold on last play

RonaldJet

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I’m a fan of yours, but this was disappointing.

Eh

It was a pretty tame interaction between the two, so I imagined a pretty lame conversation. If anything, I'm making fun of the people who are reading too much into it.

But, not every one can be a knee slapper.

12 hours ago, King P said:

The look on Fales face is priceless ??

Frustration in the scene is obvious for all parties, perhaps, but doesn't really look like much to me. 

Certainly not drama-worthy, at least in appearance.  I would hope my team looks a bit pissed off after losing their 9th game in a blowout.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think it should also be noted that Sam shut his *** down too.  Was not having any of it.

I like Gase and I think he's the best HC the Jets could possibly get in the next two years. After that, with JD focusing on building a kick butt OL, if Gase looks bad - then he'll be history and the Jets *will* be able to attract a legit HC and not some rookie that's going to have to learn 'on the job'.

With a true FQB and an quality OL this will be a coveted HC spot and I hope Gase is the guy that takes us all the way.

My opinion of Sam's performance has increased significantly after this game against what I feel is the best team in the NFL. I really liked that he was able and willing to tell Gase that he was wrong or said some stupid crap about Sam's decision's when he was under *instant* pressure considering Baltimore's D and our OL. When Sam made that face and waived his hand at Gase I *knew* Sam was the 'one' to lead the Jets to a SB before I die.

Sam will be here for *TEN* years and if Gase is 1/2 the HC I think he is, then he'll be here when when win another SB in three years.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't know how anyone comes out that game feeling down as a Jet fan? The defense is decimated. It's insane, I don't even know some of these guys names. Do you know how you beat the Patriots? You score EARLY on them. The Ravens 1st three possessions were like a track meet. Our defense was getting blown up off the ball. Tom Brady couldn't bring his team back from the Ravens onslaught but I watched that Ravens vs Pats game. Sam fought his AZZ off the entire game. We had a lot of chances in the Redzone, had 2 non-calls that definitely would have led to points. Ravens are a steamroller right now. Fans talked about catching them on an off night, lol, they came out SMOKING. Home crowd, TNF, vs a guy that went higher than Jackson. Jets defense last night was like defenses I saw in the European football league when it was in existence. No names all over the place. 

But some of those no names are going to be great depth after Joe Douglas starts rebuilding this team. How refreshing to imagine having continuity from one year to the next. I love the little spat after Sam audibled on that rollout. It's good to get challenged, Parcells did it all the time with his QBs. Holmgren, McCarthy, even Belichick in Brady's early years. It makes for renewed focus. 

We have something we haven't had in a long time, a young QB with talent. He's a work in progress. Do you guys forget how in sync he was with Herndon in 2018. Wait until JD builds the Oline so we can once again have the semblance of a running game. You think defenses react to the Jets playaction? 

Joe Douglas might not turn out to be a genius but I'm pretty sure our days of taking a safety in the 1st & 2nd round, drafting DTs over & over or signing schmucks like Trumaine Johnson are over. That in itself makes the future exciting for me. 

Great Post

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

This is yelling? 

What a Stupid thing for Rogers to get out of that?

Sam is done with Gase? LMAO!

I guess Phil Simms was DONE with Parcells like 50 times. Phil said it bothered him but made him want to be & do better. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

This is yelling? 

Apparently sports and the people who follow them have changed a lot over the years. Now it’s “yelling” and those people get alarmed.

when we were kids it was called “coaching”. To me it still is., but that’s just me.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

What a Stupid thing for Rogers to get out of that?

Sam is done with Gase? LMAO!

I guess Phil Simms was DONE with Parcells like 50 times. Phil said it bothered him but made him want to be & do better. 

Exactly. Even though I got pissed at my coaches and muttered behind their back when they screamed, I knew as long as they were screaming at me, they cared enough to coach me up.

The guys who never got screamed at, rarely got to play.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Apparently sports and the people who follow them have changed a lot over the years. Now it’s “yelling” and those people get alarmed.

when we were kids it was called “coaching”. To me it still is., but that’s just me.

Grab your face mask, and even make you do pushups in the mud......oooohhhh.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Coach up. lol

Gase is a clueless moron.

Just who in  this league has he ever coached up?  He has utterly failed to coach up any QB and his whole claim to fame was holding peyton manning play book for him.

The Qb who was in miami who had two decent years, then some terrible years when being coached up by gase is now goo again all of a sudden.

Gase is a huge fraud, his oc is a huge fraud.  He calls a poor game, he has poor play design.

Too bad he is here for at least two more years.

He stinks.

Those claiming Gase is a good HC I ask which 3 players has he ever coached who exceeded expectations?

Oh and don’t give me Peyton Manning alright.....

41 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the post has an article about it.  gase and darnold both claim that they were 'on the same page' and complaining about someone else's missed assignment.  sure didn't seem like this, but let's say it's true.  who would that be, the RT?

That's my guess.   On both 4th down attempts, the LDE came right at Darnold and he had to rush things.

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Those claiming Gase is a good HC I ask which 3 players has he ever coached who exceeded expectations?

Jarvis Landry was pretty damn good in Miami. Gase knew he was scheming him open but Landry wanted top WR money so he traded him. Crowder looked good last night. Robbie is running different routes. Griffin did really well. Crowder would be unstoppable if we had a big #1 type WR & Herndon healthy. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I don't know how anyone comes out that game feeling down as a Jet fan? 

I know right? It's only the 7th time this year they've been on the wrong end of a noncompetitive blow out and the third time having their sh*t packed in on prime time. Feels good man.

How anyone can feel bad about it is beyond me.

What's this about the 5th season in a row we're not allowed to evaluate the QB or coach because the roster blows? Feels good man.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Coach up. lol

Gase is a clueless moron.

Just who in  this league has he ever coached up?  He has utterly failed to coach up any QB and his whole claim to fame was holding peyton manning play book for him.

The Qb who was in miami who had two decent years, then some terrible years when being coached up by gase is now goo again all of a sudden.

Gase is a huge fraud, his oc is a huge fraud.  He calls a poor game, he has poor play design.

Too bad he is here for at least two more years.

He stinks.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I know right? It's only the 7th time this year they've been on the wrong end of a noncompetitive blow out and the third time having their sh*t packed in on prime time. Feels good man.

How anyone can feel bad about it is beyond me.

What's this about the 5th season in a row we're not allowed to evaluate the QB or coach because the roster blows? Feels good man.

Well if you watched that game with more perspective you'd know why. That Ravens team has beaten every good team they've played. They killed the Patriots. This wasn't one of those games like 2014 where we don't get over midfield until the 3rd quarter. Jets were in position to score over 30 easily. It's coming along. You don't see it & personally, I don't care. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well if you watched that game with more perspective you'd know why. That Ravens team has beaten every good team they've played. They killed the Patriots. This wasn't one of those games like 2014 where we don't get over midfield until the 3rd quarter. Jets were in position to score over 30 easily. It's coming along. You don't see it & personally, I don't care. 

Ah yes - it's more perspective that I need. This was just another almost unwatchable Jets game. They haven't been a competitive team in years and I need to watch with more perspective in order to really understand the greatness of what Gase is about to unleash upon the league. Can't wait man, can't wait. 

Wake me up when the players stop holding Gase back.

The roster blows, Gase blows, Justus Gulac blows, Chris Johnson blows and it's fully possible that Douglas and Darnold blow too.

17 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

You hate Sam, we get it. Jeez, give it a rest. We lost by 21, that throw meant nothing.

I don't know. I've not been one to dump on his every mistake, but it doesn't mean nothing any more than every game means nothing once we're eliminated. It still means nothing even if we won, from that point of view.

It means something because he's supposed to be advancing and improving at a certain pace, and Gase's reaction suggests he really screwed up. Gase is a ****ing tool, but I'm quite sure he could see the pressure on that play as well as any casual fan, so that was not likely the reason he was so animated. More likely reason is Darnold was expected to do something he didn't - possibly if not likely before the snap - and not merely that he was supposed to make an improbable (and ultimately irrelevant) play when they were down by 21 very late. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Gase gotta go. Period. I don’t know how he was hired in the first place but he’s the butt of all the jokes now and so are the Jets. I don’t know why they’re throwing next year away too. 

We were this close to hire Mike McCarhty a real offensive genius who developed a Aaron Rodgers with very similar traits to darnolds and also resurrected Bret Favre career.  But then came the NY media writing trash about him and putting Gase into a pedestal especially that little scumbag, Metha.  We would had kill in the past to have a respectable SB winning coach dying to come to the Jets.  But regardless, we usually settle for a rookie coach or first year failure coach.  

On 12/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, Jetster said:

Jarvis Landry was pretty damn good in Miami. Gase knew he was scheming him open but Landry wanted top WR money so he traded him. Crowder looked good last night. Robbie is running different routes. Griffin did really well. Crowder would be unstoppable if we had a big #1 type WR & Herndon healthy. 

Ummmmi putting Landry aside because I think that Gase first gutted the team and ran a poor offense in Miami which Dolphin fans will tell you about if you go to their fan boards.  Go and ask the fans if they want Gase back and you will see the answer and it is overwhelming.  

And I really don’t believe that  Anderson is dramatically playing way better than he did two years ago when Josh McCown was throwing them the ball!!

And quite frankly if Anderson is what you are pointing to as Gase’s dramatic achievements he needs to go tomorrow IMO.  

• Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmi putting Landry aside because I think that Gase first gutted the team and ran a poor offense in Miami which Dolphin fans will tell you about if you go to their fan boards.  Go and ask the fans if they want Gase back and you will see the answer and it is overwhelming.  

And I really don’t believe that Crowder or Anderson is dramatically playing way better than they did two years ago when Josh McCown was throwing them the ball!!

And quite frankly if Anderson and Crowder are what you are pointing to as Gase’s dramatic achievements he needs to go tomorrow IMO.  

Crowder didn't play for the Jets last year.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And I really don’t believe that Crowder or Anderson is dramatically playing way better than they did two years ago when Josh McCown was throwing them the ball!!

And quite frankly if Anderson and Crowder are what you are pointing to as Gase’s dramatic achievements he needs to go tomorrow IMO.  

Wow, you use to be a sensible chap but now I think you've landed on your head too many times after Lucy pulled the ball away. 

• Haha 1

Did anyone else notice at some point it looks like Sam was having some words with Robbie A? Maybe a after a drop or whatever but it looked like he was pisst they kept dropping the TDs and passes

I didn't even notice this one but at some point Darnold has got to know Gase is going to ruin his career. He def should make power play and show frustration with Gase and lack of good gameplan.

Manning wouldn't win on this team in his prime.