Thoughts about last Raiders game in Oakland?

Sarge4Tide

3 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Glad to see the continued formalizing of gambling and pro sports. Need to get an NBA team in Vegas too, now that they are all in on gambling as well. MLB will follow.

Also, please relax the laws on drugs, as I'd like to enjoy hookers and blow AT the Raiders game, instead of just after. 

Even better we should now allow players to get paid directly by gambling sites for point shaving and nfl and nba refs too

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

There is some some amazing history in the former Oakland Coliseum but the place is a dump.  The Raider fan base is so spead out over California and the West Coast in general that most fans are going to follow the team to Vegas.  It will just be another attraction.  The Pac-12 Championship and UNLV are moving their games to the new stadium as well.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

ehhh, wasn’t that hard to bet on games 25 years ago and was super easy once the internet came about 

Dude you can literally gamble on your phone now depending on what state you are in back in the day you used to have find a bookie or travel to Vegas where you can even bet on games played in Nevada

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

There is some some amazing history in the former Oakland Coliseum but the place is a dump.  The Raider fan base is so spead out over California and the West Coast in general that most fans are going to follow the team to Vegas.  It will just be another attraction.  The Pac-12 Championship and UNLV are moving their games to the new stadium as well.

I was in Vegas recently the stadium is right there across the highway from the strip I’m guessing they will build a pedestrian tunnel or bridge so you can walk from the strip to the stadium

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I was in Vegas recently the stadium is right there across the highway from the strip I’m guessing they will build a pedestrian tunnel or bridge so you can walk from the strip to the stadium

I lived in Alameda County near the old Raider Stadium.  If you lit a match on the BART rides back downtown after the games, the amount of alcohol vapor would have caused the train car to spontaneously combust.   I would have paid good money to see SAR I smushed into those season ticket holders.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just went to the Raiders Titans game.  Stadium was cool. Cell coverage was non existent. Had to ride the BART one stop just to get an Uber. 

Also saw the new stadium in Vegas. It looks incredible. Wrapped in TV screens.  Really incredible. It’s going to be a visitor team stadium that I will visit often. 

(These are my thoughts)

• Upvote 1

This is the second time the Raiders have left Oakland. You can’t deny one thing they have loyal fans. And the Raiders could have made a deal to play at Levi’s Stadium and share it with the Niners like we do with the Gis if they really wanted to stay in the Bay Area. I think that’s what they should have done. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

This is the second time the Raiders have left Oakland. You can’t deny one thing they have loyal fans. And the Raiders could have made a deal to play at Levi’s Stadium and share it with the Niners like we do with the Gis if they really wanted to stay in the Bay Area. I think that’s what they should have done. 

No one shares a stadium permanently besides us. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I was at the Oakland Coliseum for the Jets game where Sanchez ate the hotdog on the sideline, Leon Washington injured his leg in his last game as a Jet, and the Jets shut out the Raiders something like 33 to 0 with  @WestCoastOffensive

Loved that game! 

they wore the titans unis 

one of the worst beat downs in the history of the rivalry 

I prefer tradition so.. having them move to Las Vegas is a bit cheesy.  BUUUT.. living near there it's going to be a big hit and a big success - there are many raider fans here in Utah so it's not a far drive anymore for them versus the Broncos fans out here especially during the winter you really don't want to be driving across the rocky mountains in a storm.. and talk about easy to get to!  The airport and strip are literally walking distance.  You can land, ride the monorail to the strip.. do some gambling probably at the hotel or heck the stadium and then watch the game.  No need to get rent a car.  Talk about easy.. it wasn't THAT easy when I went to a Jets game in October.. that stadium is out in no mans land. 

Only thing is the heat... that building better have some serious A/C going on during preseason games.  Vegas is brutal in the late summer.