Superbowl - who do you like?

Dcronin

49ers defense dominates the LOS and pulls a NY Giants type performance like they did against Cindy and the cheats*.  On offense the niners will run the ball down KC's throat scoring 2 TD's making KC put 8 in the box which allows Jimmy G to throw 3 TD's.

Final

SF - 41 (5 TD's and 2 FG)

KC - 24 (3 garbage time TD passes and a FG)

Started out thinking KC.  Usually root for the AFC, well at least until the Pats.  So can go back to my roots with the AFC and like the Chiefs on their own to win.  But cant get over how the 9rs are built in the right ways to be a thorn in the side of KC.  A really good D and an even better run game is just what's needed to beat a quick strike offense like KC.  I'm going against my initial instinct and going SF

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I think the Chiefs win. 

A lot of weird stuff happened for them not only to get a bye, but also host the AFCCG. It just feels like it's Andy Reid's time.

Well, I think KC will win too, but truth be told, weird stuff had to happen for SF to get the bye too.  The Seahawks were less than a yard away from taking the division and home field away from SF.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, I think KC will win too, but truth be told, weird stuff had to happen for SF to get the bye too.  The Seahawks were less than a yard away from taking the division and home field away from SF.

Who the hell saw the Pats losing at home to the Dolphins with everything to play for Week 17... that was like getting struck by a bolt of lightning on February 29th it's so rare. When that happened and the Chiefs got the 2 seed I knew they were going to the Super Bowl

• Sympathy 1

Niners. I won’t be surprised if they win by decisively. For reasons you mentioned and they too can throw it around the lot, light up the scoreboard. 

It’s been said keep Mahomes off the field to try slowing down KC offense ... same can be said of Niners’ offense. May not be as quick strike, but it can pile up points too. 

On 2/1/2020 at 11:07 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm rooting for the Chiefs (even though it's very difficult to considering they have Tyreek Hill) but I have no idea how the game is going to go.  This feels like one of the most evenly matched Superbowls in a long time.  

Tyreek Hill is actually the reason I cant root for KC. Hill should not be in the NFL. Period.

It’s pretty close and normally in those circumstances I’d take the better QB which would have me taking Mahomes.  I’d like to see that too because I would like to se Reid win one but I just think the 49ers punch them in the mouth and I think KC is too soft to handle it.  Reminds me of Seahawks vs Broncos.  

I think the 49ers win. Have no clue though.  Pretty dang even on paper IMO. 

Genuinely torn on this one. Would like to see Reid win one. But there's an Aussie playing for San Francisco (the punter) and the only Australian to win a Super Bowl never actually saw the field because he was injured the whole season (Jesse Williams with Seattle).

It sets up as being a good match. Watkins will be covered by Sherman but I'm not sure the 49ers secondary can go with Hill, Hardman and Kelce.

By the same token, Shanahan has got the 49ers offence humming with Sanders, Samuel and of course Kittle, plus Mostert in the back field.

I feel that Mahomes has to lead his team to victory because the Chiefs running game is so bad, whereas Shanahan can mix and match as he reads Spagnuolo's defence.

I'll say Chiefs 31-28.

On 1/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, Apache 51 said:

KC's D is ehh. I'll go with Defense wins Championships. Niners are more complete they have a good D, and can run the ball. Keep KC off the field by moving the chains and don't let them get the big plays. Niners can score points too. So Niners.

Pretty much what I think. 

49ers are so well balanced.  

46 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Genuinely torn on this one. Would like to see Reid win one. But there's an Aussie playing for San Francisco (the punter) and the only Australian to win a Super Bowl never actually saw the field because he was injured the whole season (Jesse Williams with Seattle).

It sets up as being a good match. Watkins will be covered by Sherman but I'm not sure the 49ers secondary can go with Hill, Hardman and Kelce.

By the same token, Shanahan has got the 49ers offence humming with Sanders, Samuel and of course Kittle, plus Mostert in the back field.

I feel that Mahomes has to lead his team to victory because the Chiefs running game is so bad, whereas Shanahan can mix and match as he reads Spagnuolo's defence.

I'll say Chiefs 31-28.

If you include Mahomes, the Chiefs running game isn't all bad.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, IndianaJet said:

I'm going KC 31 SF 27

Favorite props:

Coleman Under 27.5 yds rushing (-118 FD) 

Largest lead of the Game U 14.5 (-115 FD)

Jimmy G to throw in INT (-150 DK)

D. Williams O 29.5 receiving yds (-112 DK)

SF Most First downs in the game (-106 DK)

Long shot MVP Matt Breida (100-1 DK) (used a $10 free bet on that one)

Done in by the hook on a number of my props last night, luckily I hit the Chiefs again live before the game winning drive. 

Coleman Under 27.5 - finished at 28

Williams Ovr 29.5 receiving - finished at 29

Williams Ovr 4.5 receptions - finished at 4

Mahomes longest pass under 43.5 and he had that 44 yard pass to Hill.

By the time it was all said and done, I had about 90 units in play (way too many) and I ended up +3.5 units.  Had those above broke slightly the other way, I would have ended up +26 units.

Until next year........