Jeremiahs mock has us going D

kevinc855

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What you can’t see here in the OP is that in this mock, the top 4 OTs are gone. The two top WRs are there though. And if the board shook out like this, they should take the highest rated receiver and move on to OL in the next rounds. 

It’s very clear you can see in the op we pass on lamb....I will personally lose my sh*t

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What you can’t see here in the OP is that in this mock, the top 4 OTs are gone. The two top WRs are there though. And if the board shook out like this, they should take the highest rated receiver and move on to OL in the next rounds. 

Or trade down, if possible.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's crazy that Chaisson is going this high in mocks.  They must expect him to test off the charts because there is absolutely nothing about his game that is overly intriguing to me.  He's got a crazy first step but doesnt have the production to match.  And this is playing on team that was blowing everyone out, scoring 50 points a game and everyone playing catch.  He should have had more opportunities to get to the QB than anyone in the entire league, yet he just doesnt have the production, at all. 

I think you are right. This guy sounds like the type of player that you watch tons of film on, watch how he did against the lineman who are going to get drafted, and throw the combine crap out the window. This reminds me of those kids in HS that got 1350 on the SAT, but were C students.......have all the ability, but don't try. No room for guys like that in the NFL.

It's crazy that Chaisson is going this high in mocks.  They must expect him to test off the charts because there is absolutely nothing about his game that is overly intriguing to me.  He's got a crazy first step but doesnt have the production to match.  And this is playing on team that was blowing everyone out, scoring 50 points a game and everyone playing catch.  He should have had more opportunities to get to the QB than anyone in the entire league, yet he just doesnt have the production, at all. 
Sounds like the guy we took last year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The board is going to explode if this happens 

It might.  But honestly, I fully expect it at this point.

The Jets rarely surprise us in a good way.  The very term "Same Old Jets" exists for a reason.

I could easily see the Jets chase an EDGE or CB or some other shiny at pick #11, and justify it with "well, that O-lineman wasn;t rated as high for us, and we got 'insert X jag veteran' in free agency" or something similar.

I don;t want to pre-judge Douglas, he deserves a fair shot to GM the team for a while first.  But I wouldn't really be shocked at all if we go defense yet again.

I will hope for O-line and WR heavy in Rounds 1-3, but we'll just have to see.  Free Agency has to happen first.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Sounds like the guy we took last year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

You talking about Polite?

The difference is Polite produced but had an all time bad combine.  He was a game changer at Florida.  A strip sack artist to top it off as well.  Hence the reason I was hopeful maybe the combine stuff was really just bad advice to try and put on weight but they're kind of the opposite actually. Polite was not a great athlete with incredible production.  Chaisson is an incredible athlete with not great production. 

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

Surprised you're not touting him to be the next superstar pass rusher like you were with @retiremoms.

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I want any of the 4 top OTs

after that, I wouldn’t really mind edge over WR

not sold on Jeudy or Lamb

like Jeudy a lot more than Lamb, but don’t think he’s a slam dunk either 

They claim this is an extremely good WR draft which is hard to quantify if the top 3 rounds worth of WRs are necessarily all very good prospects, but leads you to believe that maybe you still get a very good one with our 2nd or one of our 3rd rounders, and if the 1st pick can't be an OT i.e all 4 top OTs are gone, you either take the BA Edge rusher or as many of you mentioned trade down since moving down anywhere from 4-8 spots would still net a very good need in round 1 i.e mid tier OT/CB/EDGE and if it is a QB at our position we trade out of the spot for we may acquire more or even much more assets than the trade point chart dictates. 

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

I wholeheartedly believe that Jeremiah and all of the rest of the experts intentionally throw some red meat into their mocks to generate buzz and clicks.  There is a ZERO percent chance that the Jets are taking a defensive player with #11.  ZERO.  

I wouldn't say zero, low yes but not zero if someone very unexpected drops like Okudha....

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

CBS mocks are always not worth the digital paper they are printed on.  But if this were playing out, and NYG, LAC and ARI all went OL, leaving Wirfs alone on the board, I would so try to trade up with JAX at 9 to get Wirfs.  

I'll be seriously pissed off if we have to trade up to get an ot.  I'm not saying it might not be the 'right thing' to do but I would be ticked.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll be seriously pissed off if we have to trade up to get an ot.  I'm not saying it might not be the 'right thing' to do but I would be ticked.

That is why we need to get a decent vet OT in free agency (and/or re-sign Beachum on a 1-year deal), So we are not forced to either trade up or reach for an OT because we don't have an adequate starter on the roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1