Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

Out of curiosity, anyone has an accurate estimate on how much cap space the Jets have after the three offensive linemen signings?  My estimate is around $25M with Trumaine still on the books.  With the new CBA, I am not sure exactly how that would affect the cap but perhaps an extra $10M?

So, they are looking at maybe $35M left in cap space?

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

So many players that could have helped us are flying off the board. No quality offensive lineman, no pass rusher, no receiver for Sam to throw to...

Jets, right now, are one of the worst landing places in the entire league...

1.  Bottom feeding roster.

2. Bad Owners

3. Coach who is disliked in too many places.

4.  Multiple grievances filed last year against the Jets.

At this moment in time, the Jets are still the place you go WHEN THERE ARE NO OTHERS.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Well, did you hear we re-signed Alex Lewis.

I See You Reaction GIF by swerk

LOL

I think JD did a good job with the McGovern pickup, but I can't believe the excitement here about resigning Lewis and the Fant guy. This place has more emotional swings than a sorority house.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

They added talent to a GOOD team.

Their current offseason is no different to our 2010 offseason, even up to trading for a star receiver (Holmes) while having a middling QB.

We had 1 good season and then imploded after that for 10 years. 

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Last 3 years:

Jordan Poyer: 11 ints, 4 FF, 5 sacks, 302 combined tackles, 17 TFL

2 years extended 10 million a year.

Jamal Adams: 2 ints, 6 FF, 12 sacks, 271 combined tackles, 28 tfl.

Yeah lets pay a box safety 15 plus a year.

This is the first time since all of the bashing on this board about Jamal that I've become open to dealing him if it meant we'd have more ammunition to develop the offense (the line specifically). 

I still want to keep Jamal, but this is the first moment I'm becoming willing to trade him for a first.

McGovern is solid. Lewis is a below average. Fant is a huge roll of the dice. I get the guaranteed money on the second two isn't crazy and we can move on easily if it doesn't work out, but goddam, this is Darnold's career defining season coming up and so far, at the start of this offseason, our moves outside of McGovern are utterly unacceptable. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Their current offseason is no different to our 2010 offseason, even up to trading for a star receiver (Holmes) while having a middling QB.

We had 1 good season and then imploded after that for 10 years. 

I don't see the Bills imploding though, do you?

I see them winning the East pretty easily this year now that Brady is gone. I still expect about 9 wins from the Pats though, so I'm giving Buffalo 11+ Miami will be improved, and we have to be healthier than last year, but I don't think either team will be a factor in the division.

In 2021, if Miami can draft at all these next two years, they'll be the team to take on Buffalo. We're going to probably need until at least '22 to contend.

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't see the Bills imploding though, do you?

I see them winning the East pretty easily this year now that Brady is gone. I still expect about 9 wins from the Pats though, so I'm giving Buffalo 11+ Miami will be improved, and we have to be healthier than last year, but I don't think either team will be a factor in the division.

In 2021, if Miami can draft at all these next two years, they'll be the team to take on Buffalo. We're going to probably need until at least '22 to contend.

Jets had a better run game at the time. 

Jets had a better defense at the time. 

Jets had better receivers at the time.

Jets had a better 3 year start. 

Stefon Diggs is a less talented Santonio Holmes.

Josh Allen is more mistake prone than Mark Sanchez...and that's saying something.

Yes, I see them imploding the way they are set up, especially with their QB situation. They will not hit 11 with Josh Allen and will get bounced in first round. 

Both Buffalo and Miami are doing exactly what we used to do with FA, and we are at the beginning of doing what the Patriots used to do with FA. 

The difference being, is that we have the dominant QB now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Last 3 years:

Jordan Poyer: 11 ints, 4 FF, 5 sacks, 302 combined tackles, 17 TFL

2 years extended 10 million a year.

Jamal Adams: 2 ints, 6 FF, 12 sacks, 271 combined tackles, 28 tfl.

Yeah lets pay a box safety 15 plus a year.

Jamal Adams Self Marketing > Jordan Poyer Self Marketing

Playing in NY and being a top 10 pick probably doesn't hurt either. 75% of casual NFL fans don't know who the hell Jordan Poyer is.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Jets had a better run game at the time. 

Jets had a better defense at the time. 

Jets had better receivers at the time.

Jets had a better 3 year start. 

Stefon Diggs is a less talented Santonio Holmes.

Josh Allen is more mistake prone than Mark Sanchez...and that's saying something.

Yes, I see them imploding the way they are set up, especially with their QB situation. They will not hit 11 with Josh Allen and will get bounced in first round. 

Both Buffalo and Miami are doing exactly what we used to do with FA, and we are at the beginning of doing what the Patriots used to do with FA. 

The difference being, is that we have the dominant QB now. 

Well one things for sure, you and I couldn't be further apart here, lol. After your first four sentences, I disagree with everything else you said.

Hey, that's what's fun about sports. We all have our opinions, and we don't have to all agree. One of us will be right, the other wrong. Lets see how it plays out.

Good talk, my friend.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Well one things for sure, you and I couldn't be further apart here, lol. After your first four sentences, I disagree with everything else you said.

Hey, that's what's fun about sports. We all have our opinions, and we don't have to all agree. One of us will be right, the other wrong. Lets see how it plays out.

Good talk, my friend.

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Jamal Adams Self Marketing > Jordan Poyer Self Marketing

Playing in NY and being a top 10 pick probably doesn't hurt either. 75% of casual NFL fans don't know who the hell Jordan Poyer is.

Eh Adams is better. Has a higher coverage grade and plays with a lot less talent around him. Poyer is very good and probably would’ve made more if waded into free agency the difference between them isn’t $5 million a year. But that’s because Poyer took less money.

• Upvote 1

My wish list for the Offensive Line for the rest of FA

Tackle: One of the following...

Kelvin Beachum

Cordy Glenn

Daryl Williams 

Guards

Greg Van Roten

Depth: Either...

Denzelle Good RG/RT

OR

Andrus Peat LG/LT

I want to go into the draft with my starting 5 in place. During the draft the Jets can add pieces and then whoever is the best will start. I think it's important that you have a starting five so that you're not reaching in the draft for a particular position.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

My wish list for the Offensive Line for the rest of FA

Tackle: One of the following...

Kelvin Beachum

Cordy Glenn

Daryl Williams 

Guards

Greg Van Roten

Depth: Either...

Denzelle Good RG/RT

OR

Andrus Peat LG/LT

I want to go into the draft with my starting 5 in place. During the draft the Jets can add pieces and then whoever is the best will start. I think it's important that you have a starting five so that you're not reaching in the draft for a particular position.

Denzel Good isn’t a free agent anymore as he re-signed with the Raiders way way before free agency ever started.   Rumors is he will compete with Rodney Hudson backup at Center( Andre James)  , for the Rg job.    They probably trade starting Rg  Gabe Jackson at some point , probably a guess to Ravens, or Steelers.(who both are in the market for a guard).

• Haha 1