Get Anderson the EF off this team.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Please make the kid sign somewhere quickly. I can't take another week of, he wants 15, I'd give him 12... no more then 11, nah we can get this for 8, would you trade for this guy instead... PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!  

Agreed this off-season has been unbearable. I can't wait until the time of year when this board is filled with semi useful information again.

March 18th cannot come soon enough.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:
3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I assumed b/c the WR FA market is so dry Robby might actually get 12-14 mil but his production simply does not warrant it. I don't see anybody paying him that kind of money, especially with how loaded this draft class is. I'm not surprised we've seen so much posturing from him and his agent trying to drive his value up. They HAVE to posture, it's their best bet to drive up his value. 

Watch him end up with an 8-10 mil deal playing for a contender and he'll say that was the plan all along. 

• Upvote 1

When you get a better job offer you do one of two things:

1. If you don’t want to stay at your current job, you tender your resignation.

2. If you want to stay, you give your current employer a chance to match the new offer. If they don’t, then you basically have to leave or you lose all leverage going forward. That’s the ultimate limit of “loyalty” in any business. This is where Robbie seems to be. Put another way, why show anymore “loyalty” than that to an employer who thinks you are worth less than a competitor does?

Why do we get so emotional when athletes operate exactly as any of us would?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Robby would run a hitch at eight yards instead of seven in a preseason game and Brady would freeze him out of the offense for the rest of his life. 

This is so true. Robby has never nor will he ever be as good as Ocho Cinco & Brady couldn't wait to get rid of that dunderhead. RA would have no chance in that complicated offense. The failure rate of WRs in New England is higher than any other team because Brady has been the GM when it comes to who stays & who goes in that offense. Edelmans brains are like scrambled eggs catching everything that comes his way regardless of the devastating hits he's absorbed working those inside routes & screens. 

Robby is an alligator armed WR with danger in the area. As a Jet fan I've moved on Fromm Robby & no way in hell I want JD signing this guy to a huge contract with guaranteed money. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

No, he just said his dream is to play with a QB that will never be on the Jets. What is the difference? 

Other than its completely different?  

He said he wants to be a Jet and also he had a dream and that pisses you off for some reason? Because his dream should have known he couldn't play with him unless he left.  LOL

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So let me get this straight. The OP is upset that a player that we haven't re signed, and who is now eligible for free agency, is talking about playing with other teams, and omg Tom Brady? Are we seriously going to... ah, never mind. I just can't.

Please make the kid sign somewhere quickly. I can't take another week of, he wants 15, I'd give him 12... no more then 11, nah we can get this for 8, would you trade for this guy instead... PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!  

I personally love that people keep calling him a moron as if football players tend to be MENSA members or that we should care.  If a player had a IQ of 25 and could get 16 sacks or get 1,100 yards receiving they'd be all over bringing them in at any cost.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jgb said:

When you get a better job offer you do one of two things:

1. If you don’t want to stay at your current job, you tender your resignation.

2. If you want to stay, you give your current employer a chance to match the new offer. If they don’t, then you basically have to leave or you lose all leverage going forward. That’s the ultimate limit of “loyalty” in any business. This is where Robbie seems to be. Put another way, why show anymore “loyalty” than that to an employer who thinks you are worth less than a competitor does?

Why do we get so emotional when athletes operate exactly as any of us would?

Let’s be real, if Robbie was any where near a #1 receiver the Jets would have locked him up already.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I personally love that people keep calling him a moron as if football players tend to be MENSA members or that we should care.  If a player had a IQ of 25 and could get 16 sacks or get 1,100 yards receiving they'd be all over bringing them in at any cost.

True Cumar said he saw the Jets as a bottom of the barrel team he would never play for..B)

37 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Let’s be real, if Robbie was any where near a #1 receiver the Jets would have locked him up already.

Robbie is a good player but not a #1 that is true. Still the push for Stonehands Perriman is pretty funny.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Nothing is really happening with any of the high priced FAs, probably because teams are waiting for the new CBA to come into play.  

• Upvote 1