Does anyone think the NFL season will take place as scheduled?

I’m shocked to see Italy is planning to resume Serie A on May 3rd. If that happens and is successful (which looks doubtful), I see no reason training camp in late July/August would be held up. But who really knows where we’ll be.

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m shocked to see Italy is planning to resume Serie A on May 3rd. If that happens and is successful (which looks doubtful), I see no reason training camp in late July/August would be held up. But who really knows where we’ll be.

Is this true?!  Even if other countries don't follow their lead, it's something we can (theoretically) watch and bet on.  I don't know much about soccer but I'd be happy to watch it right now, considering the circumstances!

• Upvote 1

All these closings and quarantines are pretty much designed to flatten the curve over the course of a month and have it somewhat under control by then. I expect the NFL draft to take place before June, and the season to get underway as scheduled. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

No, it will be delayed

I dont think it will delay one bit. The economy is strained enough as it is, if we are at the point where the nfl season has to get pushed back in late august, the United States will basically be on fire and burning to the ground. 

• Upvote 4

It's taken around 50 days for things in China to resume some form of normalcy.  So, I guess that gives us a possible test case for possible scenarios.  I mean, we won't really know until several waves of this virus hit over time.  It's like a tsunami... you never really know until it hits how much damage there is.  And then there are waves after.  Things either resume at some form of schedule or there are still major concerns.  (shrugs)

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I dont think it will delay one bit. The economy is strained enough as it is, if we are at the point where the nfl season has to get pushed back in late august, the United States will basically be on fire and burning to the ground. 

A plague of this nature doesn't give a whit about the economy.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If the Summer months have a significant effect on the transmission of the virus, then I could see it starting as normal. The real question then, will be will it continue, should the virus re-emerge during the Fall.

Coronavirus isn’t going away until they have a cure or a vaccine

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A plague of this nature doesn't give a whit about the economy.

I agree, but society will adapt as we go. 

Things cannot be on pause forever, it doesnt work that way, and I'm a borderline Mad Max level survivalist. 

My point being, if we are delaying things in August, the US will be in chaos. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Global resources are working around the clock on vaccines and treatments.

I have to believe everything will be fast tracked and distributed before Fall.

The scientists say it'll take a year minimnum to develop a vaccine. 

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The way things have been going, it doesn't feel like we're anywhere close to resuming sports (or life in general).  I'm seeing headlines like "Stay Home for 18 Months". 

Way too early to discuss NFL game cancellations. Too many months away.

I am sure there will reach a point where they will have successfully scaled back some of the protocols.... like small events, movie theaters and restaurants will come back.  But big sporting evens that draw large amounts of people from various geographical areas.... ehhhhh.  One thing I love about this is Starbucks is still open.  Well if your gunna get exposed... you might as well do it with Starbucks!

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

China started taking action on January 24. About a week and a half ago they began taking down the temporary hospitals.

There is hope. if we can all do our part

It's also possible they killed a bunch of their own citizens via firing squad.  Wouldn't be surprised at all.  Meanwhile ours are at the beach enjoying Spring Break.

Hard to trust what''s going on over there, and hard to translate whatever they did over to the US. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's also possible they killed a bunch of their own citizens via firing squad.  Wouldn't be surprised at all.  Meanwhile ours are at the beach enjoying Spring Break.

Hard to trust what''s going on over there, and hard to translate whatever they did over to the US. 

Fact-China starting taking action January 24

Fact-China built temporary hospitals

Fact-China dismantled the last temporary hospital March 14.

That is about as far as I will take the facts. But those are good milestones.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Fact-China starting taking action January 24

Fact-China built temporary hospitals

Fact-China dismantled the last temporary hospital March 14.

That is about as far as I will take the facts. But those are good milestones.

I laugh at you for using the word fact in the same breath as Chinese government.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1