Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

One aspect of this entire HEALTH CRISIS that everyone is missing is that these draft picks have lost value 

that's right, you heard me. 2020 draft picks are less valuable than 2019 draft picks because there are no PRO days and the information is going to be less perfect

which leads me to 2021 season if/when Kirk Herbstreit is proven right and there is no CFB in 2020 (because you can't put 100,000 people in a petri dish and the whole thing runs on ticket sales), then guess what 

2021 draft picks will have even less value than 2020 draft picks. 

This is not a function of the quality of the class. It's probably a great class. It's taking away the scouts and reducing the information available, across the board. 

that's why teams are reupping their players at a high rate (Tannehill) because it's better the devil you know than the devil you aren't allowed to scout 

and if I had to predict what JD is going to do with the Jets 40+ mil it's a Prez extension this year and a Darnold brinks truck 100 mil cash dump next year 

it's not going to be assemble all pro offensive linemen from a lost college football year (and expect to pay them as such)

12 hours ago, Pac said:

There she is..  the Joe Exotic of JN prancing in to disparage the best player on the team.

If the best player on your team is a safety, then your team has BIG problems.  Which is why you get rid of said safety and build a better team.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

If the best player on your team is a safety, then your team has BIG problems.  Which is why you get rid of said safety and build a better team.

No, he'd be one of your top players instead of your top player if you had more talent around him.

Hes a top player regardless.

You dont throw away your best player because the rest of the team isnt on his level.  

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Value numbers are there.  I used the chart from the JN mock.  It moves the Cowboys pick up around 5 slots. 

Ok, I'm familiar  with the way this is done. I believe you are using Jimmy Johnson's system for valuing slots. Is it costing Dallas anything in value to move up. It appears it is not. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, he'd be one of your top players instead of your top player if you had more talent around him.

Hes a top player regardless.

You dont throw away your best player because the rest of the team isnt on his level.  

You trade your 'top player' and accumulate picks like any other sports organization that is trying to improve the quality of their roster. Especially at a position that ranks at the bottom of an NFL totem pole: QB, Edge, OL, CB, WR, DL, LB, TE, RB, S. And ESPECIALLY when said player is being a pain in the azz biatching about his contract and causing dissension on the team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Or we realize that paying a safety/"roamer" 20 mil per year when we have holes everywhere is moronic and that we could flip him for valuable assests.  No amount of "Scariest Safety in da LEAGUE || HD" highlight videos will change that.

I couldn't care less which era we're talking about because some of my All-Time favorite Safety's within the likes of (just to name a few) Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch, Steve Atwater, Rodney Harrison, Lawyer Milloy, Darren Sharper, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor etc, etc, etc, etc would all be LAUGHING AT YOU right now for your lack of knowledge in regards to overall impact of great Safety's (such as Jamal Adams). 

Some of you people do not realize just how rare it is for a player, regardless of position or era to become the very best of their positions with an All-Pro selection during only their 3rd year.

Tom Brady didn't earn an All-Pro selection until his 8th year (2007), took Peyton Manning 6 years before his first All-Pro, Ray Lewis did not make his 1st All-Pro team until his 4th year and just like Jamal Adams, all three of Darrelle Revis, Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed all made their first All-Pro selection during their 3rd year.

Would've been been too funny to watch NYJ, Pittsburgh and/or Baltimore trade their superstar defenders away right after their 1st All-Pro selection lol you guys are too funny for me to take serious.

Only clueless football fans who lack any type of knowledge have no idea what type of overall defensive impact that a great safety makes for an entire defense and how rare it is to become an All-Pro only 3 years in while still only developing and getting better ala stop acting and pretending as if we're talking about some normal/regular  Kerry Rhodes or Jim Leonard here or some other non Pro Bowl or especially All-Pro Safety. Mind boggling. 

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I couldn't care less which era we're talking about because some of my All-Time favorite Safety's within the likes of (just to name a few) Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch, Steve Atwater, Rodney Harrison, Lawyer Milloy, Darren Sharper, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor etc, etc, etc, etc would all be LAUGHING AT YOU right now for your lack of knowledge in regards to overall impact of great Safety's (such as Jamal Adams). 

Some of you people do not realize just how rare it is for a player, regardless of position or era to become the very best of their positions with an All-Pro selection during only their 3rd year.

Tom Brady didn't earn an All-Pro selection until his 8th year (2007), took Peyton Manning 6 years before his first All-Pro, Ray Lewis did not make his 1st All-Pro team until his 4th year and just like Jamal Adams, all three of Darrelle Revis, Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed all made their first All-Pro selection during their 3rd year.

Would've been been too funny to watch NYJ, Pittsburgh and/or Baltimore trade their superstar defenders away right after their 1st All-Pro selection lol you guys are too funny for me to take serious. 

I like Jamal. I'd keep him.

But near every asset should have a price. Darnold is the only exception because he's a QB. 

If they give us the 17 overall and say a fourth rounder for Jamal this year, then that's an offer I can't refuse. It's not about how good Jamal is, it's not about how much I like him as a player - I'm absolutely not in the 'hate Jamal' vocal minority that all parrot the same talking points.

But I mean, at some point, Jamal is an all-pro at a position that simply isn't that important. Again, if he was Sean Taylor or Ed Reed, I'd tell the Cowboys to f*** off. But he's not that. 

Our success or failure as a team all depends on Sam Darnold's development. Jamal Adams has nothing to do with that and if we can use him to give the former a legitimate shot at being elite, then let's pull that trigger. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

No matter what side of the fence you are on I think the majority of us agree that just the 17th overall pick is not enough.  Now look I try to be fair.  I’m not proposing something crazy like 2 1sts or a 1st and Smith.  I think my proposal of their 1st and 3rd rounder is more than fair.  Yes I understand Jamal is a pain in the ass but we can’t just hotshot a lesser deal just because he goes on twitter and acts like an ass lol. JD has set his price for Jamal.  If Dallas wants him that bad then they have to at least offer something close to what JD wants.  

I'd take a mid-1st in a heart beat.  I'd also take a 2nd.  Because, I wouldn't pay Jamal Adams anywhere close to what he wants, so I'd rather get something back then let him go in FA.

I'll find someone else to beat Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'd take a mid-1st in a heart beat.  I'd also take a 2nd.  Because, I wouldn't pay Jamal Adams anywhere close to what he wants, so I'd rather get something back then let him go in FA.

I'll find someone else to beat Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.

I understand not wanting to pay him but we need to get at least a 1st and a 3rd otherwise we are just giving into Dallas 

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, I'm familiar  with the way this is done. I believe you are using Jimmy Johnson's system for valuing slots. Is it costing Dallas anything in value to move up. It appears it is not. 

4 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Id want a first and a third. Or Tyron Smith and a later pick. 

Otherwise, I'm happy to have a player of Adams caliber on the team.

I get that not everybody loves the scaling, but using that value system, the convoluted 1st + 2nd + 4th for our 2nd 3rd is worth more than getting Dallas' 1st and 3rd, which is only worth 1130. 

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Heres Jamal roaming the field. He's the one circling the NFL emblem. 

Nope. You forgot to include the part where Jamal Adams...

And...

And also...

Yet again...

"New York Jets: Gregg Williams has some high praise for Jamal Adams

New York Jets’defensive coordinator had some high praise for one of the team’s best players when discussing All-Pro safety Jamal Adams.

Gregg Williams today on @TheAdamsEra: “He'll go down as one of the favorite guys I've ever coached. He's been intense. He's been focused. He's had very, very good practices. I love coaching him. He sets a good example when he's out there on how he prepares.”

I think I'll take what Gregg Williams has to say about one of his favorite players ever - before listening to what geniuses text from their keyboard @ home (lol @ you). 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I understand not wanting to pay him but we need to get at least a 1st and a 3rd otherwise we are just giving into Dallas 

So, you'd rather get nothing in return so that you didn't "give in to Dallas," then get the best deal on the market?

That's kind of like how, in hindsight, we obviously should have taken the rumored 4th round pick for Robby Anderson.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

So, you'd rather get nothing in return so that you didn't "give in to Dallas," then get the best deal on the market?

That's kind of like how, in hindsight, we obviously should have taken the rumored 4th round pick for Robby Anderson.

When did I say I rather get nothing in return?  All I’m say is why should we bend over for Dallas and basically let them dictate what they will give up?  A 1st and a 3rd is a pretty fair deal

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

When did I say I rather get nothing in return?  All I’m say is why should we bend over for Dallas and basically let them dictate what they will give up?  A 1st and a 3rd is a pretty fair deal

When you said you wouldn't take less than a 1st and a 3rd.  What if no one is offering it.

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And...

And also...

Yet again...

New York Jets’defensive coordinator had some high praise for one of the team’s best players when discussing All-Pro safety Jamal Adams.

Gregg Williams today on @TheAdamsEra: “He'll go down as one of the favorite guys I've ever coached. He's been intense. He's been focused. He's had very, very good practices. I love coaching him. He sets a good example when he's out there on how he prepares.”

I think I'll take what Gregg Williams has to say about one of his favorite players ever - before listening to what geniuses text from their keyboard @ home (lol @ you). 

Green Kool-aid is not good for you

k.jpg

12 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I love that list that you posted, because it shows how little competition there is at safety in today's NFL and how hollow of an award being an All-Pro safety is. Look i love defense too, but if Adams was in a league with a young Earl Thomas, Berry, Dawkins, etc would he be the best in the league? No, he would not.

Adams isn't anywhere close to the level that Reed or Polamalu were, and don't even bring up Revis he was actually the best at his position. It really is amazing how well Adams markets himself, people actually believe he is as good as Revis....wow.

Heading into only his 4th year he's every bit of good as they were heading into only their 4th years and it's funny all this horse crap and absolute b.s that you say with your keyboard regarding #33, someone like Gregg Williams only needed to coach him for 1 season before realizing that Jamal Adams is one of his favorite players that he's EVER coached; and I'll take what Gregg Williams has to say to heart about Jamal - while taking yours with a little grain of salt. Understood? Good. 

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And...

And also...

Yet again...

Lol 

YouTube highlights.

Yikes.

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Green Kool-aid is not good for you

k.jpg

Gregg Williams is the Kool-aid drinker; and only took him 1 season of being alongside of Jamal Adams for Gregg Williams himself to realize that #33 is already one of his favorite players that he's ever coached (his words, not mine). 

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is the Jamal Adamsist of all Jamal Adams tapes.  Two minutes in, and there's like 4 football plays (none of which aren't standard safety fare), and 90% dancing, talking, head bobbing, set to music.

Ok but have you considered...

" || HD ||™️ "

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

One aspect of this entire HEALTH CRISIS that everyone is missing is that these draft picks have lost value 

that's right, you heard me. 2020 draft picks are less valuable than 2019 draft picks because there are no PRO days and the information is going to be less perfect

which leads me to 2021 season if/when Kirk Herbstreit is proven right and there is no CFB in 2020 (because you can't put 100,000 people in a petri dish and the whole thing runs on ticket sales), then guess what 

2021 draft picks will have even less value than 2020 draft picks. 

This is not a function of the quality of the class. It's probably a great class. It's taking away the scouts and reducing the information available, across the board. 

that's why teams are reupping their players at a high rate (Tannehill) because it's better the devil you know than the devil you aren't allowed to scout 

and if I had to predict what JD is going to do with the Jets 40+ mil it's a Prez extension this year and a Darnold brinks truck 100 mil cash dump next year 

it's not going to be assemble all pro offensive linemen from a lost college football year (and expect to pay them as such)

I’d say right now there is probably a 65% chance right now that the college football season is cancelled.   In order for there to be a season you would need these campuses to start opening their doors by late July.  Not happening IMO.   It would also have to be a nation wide decision, and IMO there will still be areas of the country dealing with significant spread right into late June.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Only clueless football fans who lack any type of knowledge have no idea what type of overall defensive impact that a great safety makes for an entire defense and how rare it is to become an All-Pro only 3 years in while still only developing and getting better ala stop acting and pretending as if we're talking about some normal/regular  Kerry Rhodes or Jim Leonard here or some other non Pro Bowl or especially All-Pro Safety. Mind boggling. 

Jamal Adams isn't a fraction of what all of those players were, nor is he playing the same position as half of them considering he plays SS.

• Upvote 1