Draft Rumors

SR24

Just now, peekskill68 said:

One of the upsides of having so many holes in the roster is that we shouldn't feel compelled to move up for a specific need.  Hope JD just lets the draft come to him...

Much rather trade back than up, we have too too many holes. LT, WR, EDGE, CB, etc 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

I think you can trade back to 16 (if possible) and still get him 

If four tackles go in the top 10 picks, you want to risk trading back and expecting your next tackle choice to fall? 

Idk, what if the Bucs or Broncos take him? It’s always nice to slide down a few picks, gain picks in the process, and still get your prospect - but it seems a little unrealistic for everything to work out perfectly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

What would that cost generally speaking? One of the 3rd round picks?

(i edited my post to include possibly a trade up to 7 being needed, as well as the possible trade up to 9)

draft charts I looked at had equal value being

trade up to 9 - include 4th rounder

trade up to 7 include first of the 3rd rounders

---

if necessary, to get the OT JD wants I'd (unhappily) be willing to bump up to our second pick in the third round to trade up to 9, and add something extra for the move to 7 trade ... but not give away the 2nd rounder

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If four tackles go in the top 10 picks, you want to risk trading back and expecting your next tackle choice to fall? 

Idk, what if the Bucs or Broncos take him? It’s always nice to slide down a few picks, gain picks in the process, and still get your prospect - but it seems a little unrealistic for everything to work out perfectly. 

I think in this scenario you're entertaining a trade for Trent Williams,  not reaching for a tackle at 11

• Upvote 1

My top 10 picks I put out yesterday. 

1 1 Cincinnati Bengals - QB Joe Burrow

1 2 Washington Redskins - DE Chase Young

1 3 Detroit Lions - CB Jeff Okudah

1 4 New York Giants - T Jedrick Wills

1 5 Miami Dolphins - LT Andrew Thomas

1 6 Los Angeles Chargers - T Mekhi Becton

1 7 Carolina Panthers - LB Isaiah Simmons

1 8 Arizona Cardinals - T Tristan Wirfs

1 9 (TRADE via Jax) Denver Broncos - WR Jerry Jeudy

1 10 Cleveland Browns - T Ezra Cleveland

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

With who? For what? I’m not trading down to 21 with the eagles if I’m not getting much back

With whoever is willing to give up picks... you don't want to trade back with the Eagles @ 21... But I Do... there will still be Above Average OT's available... in addition, the Jets should get an extra 2/3 to draft an Above Average WR which this draft is Loaded with... they will also receive extra picks... this draft has many good players in rds 3-5. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

My top 10 picks I put out yesterday. 

1 1 Cincinnati Bengals - QB Joe Burrow

1 2 Washington Redskins - DE Chase Young

1 3 Detroit Lions - CB Jeff Okudah

1 4 New York Giants - T Jedrick Wills

1 5 Miami Dolphins - LT Andrew Thomas

1 6 Los Angeles Chargers - T Mekhi Becton

1 7 Carolina Panthers - LB Isaiah Simmons

1 8 Arizona Cardinals - T Tristan Wirfs

1 9 (TRADE via Jax) Denver Broncos - WR Jerry Jeudy

1 10 Cleveland Browns - T Ezra Cleveland

Cleveland IS NOT going top 10... Not even top 20.

• Upvote 2

Dolphins moving up to 3 for a tackle doesn’t pass the smell test. They need a quarterback and if there’s a guy they like but don’t take with their first pick they’ll need to move up for him. This would require giving up draft capital that they could otherwise use to move up to get their quarterback.

I can’t imagine San Diego or Arizona moves up for a tackle. Detroit isn’t taking one. So Miami knows who the Giants are going to take and he’s a tier all on his own for Miami to the point that they’re going to give up draft capital to get him and then give up capital to get their QB?

Either they’re moving up for a quarterback and want to keep the price down or they’re somehow trying to entice the Chargers to move up for someone they think LA likes but they don’t.

Tackle frenzy would surprise me too, but a good opportunity to move down ahead of LV, SF, and Denver with WR’s on the board.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

It’s starting to feel like all 4 OTs will be off the board come 11z with all the rumors floating around 

Premium position with 3 maybe 4 blue chip players...yeah it's unlikely they make it to the Jets. Simmons and Brown going ahead of the sure thing tackles just seems unlikely to me. Unless it were the Jets under Maccagnan or the other bad GM's we've had.

13 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is everything. Anyone saying anything about Sam and his lack of proving to be a franchise QB needs to Cool their jets(pun fun).  Even the rare plays where he had time were tainted with knowing this was possible at any moment. That's what the seeing Ghosts crap was all about.  

We need to see what this kid can do after he gains some trust in an NFL caliber OL. Then we can talk about Sam making players around him better and all that jazz. 

The term "seeing ghosts" was explained by Kurt Warner and others during the season. It had nothing to do with the OL. It was about Sam struggling to read what the defense was doing with their secondary schemes. 

No doubt the Jets OL was bad last year. Darnold had some good games, but he had some bad ones too. Let's not make believe he had no issues of his own. Hopefully both he and the OL perform better this year 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Premium position with 3 maybe 4 blue chip players...yeah it's unlikely they make it to the Jets. Simmons and Brown going ahead of the sure thing tackles just seems unlikely to me. Unless it were the Jets under Maccagnan or the other bad GM's we've had.

You’re better at this stuff than I am, but I’d be shocked if Simmons dropped

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re better at this stuff than I am, but I’d be shocked if Simmons dropped

If you're Tepper and Rhule, you taking Andrew Thomas or Isaiah Simmons?  Dumb teams currently ahead of the Jets- Washington, Giants, Arizona, Jacksonville, maybe Detroit. Cross Washignton off as they're taking Young anyways. The tackles (assuming they're as graded as high as advertised) just feel like they're gonna go quick. Gettelman doing something stupid is likely, so hope for that.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The term "seeing ghosts" was explained by Kurt Warner and others during the season. It had nothing to do with the OL. It was about Sam struggling to read what the defense was doing with their secondary schemes. 

No doubt the Jets OL was bad last year. Darnold had some good games, but he had some bad ones too. Let's not make believe he had no issues of his own. Hopefully both he and the OL perform better this year 

It also helps "seeing ghosts" when you KNOW you have ZERO time to throw the ball... Sam Is a VERY Good QB... who could be Very Great given the TIME to throw.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1