Quincy Enunwa news

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

This might have been done now to give the Jets more flexiblity with the salary cap through training camp.

Prior to week one of the season, only the top 51 highest salaries count toward the cap.  Players on the PUP list are not included in that "top 51" calculation.  If they remain on PUP for week 1 - then the salaries will count - but not until then.

This gives them just a little more time to bring in guys to compete for roster spots.

Great point. I would think it also frees up 2 roster spots towards the 90 we can have going into camp

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think there are two types of PUP.  Reserve PUP and active PUP.  Not sure exactly how it works, but it sounds like you can return from Active PUP, but not reserve PUP.  Not sure wht the advantage is of putting them on reserve PUP now is.  I am seeing a lot of reports similar to this saying his season is done.

I think it used to be that it had to do with when you were put on PUP.  Used to be if it was before camp, you could come off at any time. They used it for the guys that fail the physical at the start of camp.  Once you practiced, if they put you on it you were done for the first six weeks.  I think that is what this means. 

Did they need to end their seasons for the roster spots for picks and UDFA?  Is this something from the new CBA?  Was it just ratified and go into effect early?  FWIW, Cimini is the only one I see mentioning "season ending PUP."  He is quoting Rappaport saying the went on PUP with season ending injuries. 

Why would any moron agree to guarantee injury to a guy coming off a cracked neck? 
Have we lost all Common sense in this country? 
And where the hell were the owners of this damn team when Macc was doing this crazy sh*t? 
My God, it was never ending with this team, from signing Leonard Marshall to Ronnie Lott, the stupid list is endless with these idiot GMs. 
Joe D must look at this sh*t & shake his head cleaning up this mess. 
I don’t care what any of you think of Adam Gase, I will always look back fondly to the moment he stabbed Macc in the back & pushed for Joe Douglas. You may not like Gase but he’s really got a little bit of all of us inside to review this guys moves from 2015 right up until out bidding HIMSELF for Le’Veon Bell. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

And he wonders why he was fined for missing a follow up with the team! 36 million for absolutely nothing! OUCH! F*cking nerve of this guy, really, don’t let the door hit you on the way out! 

• Upvote 4

A damn shame. Enunwa was on the brink of becoming a solid weapon for Darnold. His toughness was undeniable, dragging defenders and inviting contact. But ultimately it’s probably what lead to his injuries. 

I had a small amount of optimism that he’d return. So long, Q. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

And he wonders why he was fined for missing a follow up with the team! 36 million for absolutely nothing! OUCH! F*cking nerve of this guy, really, don’t let the door hit you on the way out! 

Let's break that down.

- 20 Million in guarantees he actually received. 

- Played 1 Game. 

- 1 game week @ 40 hours of work. 

- $20,000,000/40 = $500,000 an hour. 

So yeah, **** that dude. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

A damn shame. Enunwa was on the brink of becoming a solid weapon for Darnold. His toughness was undeniable, dragging defenders and inviting contact. But ultimately it’s probably what lead to his injuries. 

I had a small amount of optimism that he’d return. So long, Q. 

Can't say I had optimism that he would return; I took the approach that anything we get from him this season would be a bonus.  Not going to happen now. 

For his sake, probably time to retire and give up on the dream of ever playing football again.  Time for Quincy to see what is next and put that Nebraska education to work.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think there are two types of PUP.  Reserve PUP and active PUP.  Not sure exactly how it works, but it sounds like you can return from Active PUP, but not reserve PUP.  Not sure wht the advantage is of putting them on reserve PUP now is.  I am seeing a lot of reports similar to this saying his season is done.

Hm, if they can determine in May that he won't be fit to play this year you have to wonder if his career isn't over. Also curious considering they probably can't even run a physical on him currently. Just really weird timing.

2 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

He agreed to a contract after having several productive years of work. The team agreed to pay him, despite some injuries. What’s he supposed to do? Turn down the money?

Yes, it’s sucks that the team had to pay him all that money. But why are we blaming Enunwa for taking a large sum of money that every single person in this forum would’ve taken?

Well some of us are calling him a dickhole because he had the nutsack to bitch about being fined for missing team meetings. 

• Upvote 2

Just another part of the bowles country club atmosphere.  Players being shocked that they are being held accountable for things,

He was also a very overrated player by the fans.  (and the team apparently).  He had about 1/2 of a good season and that was it.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

My 1st thought... well 2nd thought, was can and/or will the Jets fine him if he misses a rehab session?   Or is he locked out of the facility?

Not that it really matters...

40 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Interesting.

It sounds like Quincy had mailed it in.  He may have known since the second he came off the field injured that last time that he'd never play again and simply went into financial protection mode.  Not showing up to rehab is a clear sign that you've lost any interest, motivation or commitment in trying to get back on the field.

The Jets need to do everything they can to preserve roster spots and Cap space vis-a-vis Enunwa.  Make no mistake, he's out for himself and the Jets should be protecting their interests as well.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he fully recovers to enjoy a post-football life.  I think he'll do okay with all the millions he's accumulated and will receive in the future through a settlement.  As an NFL alum he'll also have excellent longterm health benefits through the NFLPA.

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Quincy Enunwa Was skipping rehab at the facility. He was getting paid for not playing and could not be arsed turning up for rehab.

He‘s a conman, and Maccagnan signed a player with a broken neck to a 4 year deal. The Johnson’s let this buffoon run the franchise into the ground. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Quincy Enunwa Was skipping rehab at the facility. He was getting paid for not playing and could not be arsed turning up for rehab.

He‘s a conman, and Maccagnan signed a player with a broken neck to a 4 year deal. The Johnson’s let this buffoon run the franchise into the ground. 

On Dec. 28, 2018, Quincy Enunwa signed a four-year, $33.4M extension, which included $20.3M in guarantees. On the same day, he was placed on IR (ankle) — an omen. He wound up playing only one game on the new deal (second neck injury in two years). Horrendous deal for the #Jets
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Damn I hope he doesn't have a injury guarantee in that contract that Maccagnan gave him

Lol he does. I vehemently ridiculed it at the time.  Still some lingering stench we need to wash off this team before it is fully JDs

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Why would any moron agree to guarantee injury to a guy coming off a cracked neck? 
And where the hell were the owners of this damn team when Macc was doing this crazy sh*t?

What do you expect from MacMoron?

And the owners were, I think, the inspiration for the "Dumb and Dumber" series of movies (or at least should have been). Typical trust fund babies without an ounce of intelligence between them.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Let's break that down.

- 20 Million in guarantees he actually received. 

- Played 1 Game. 

- 1 game week @ 40 hours of work. 

- $20,000,000/40 = $500,000 an hour. 

So yeah, **** that dude. 

Why are you so hard on the guy?  He caught one of his three targets for -4 yards.  I had more receiving yards than him last season.

• Upvote 1