The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

29 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

No owner, HC or DC wants to hear this crap from their 'star' defensive 'leader'.  It just seeps through the team's chemistry.  Players start taking sides and resentment brews.  It would be in the Jets best interest at this point just to get rid of Jamal before the start of the season.  What's puzzling is JD's stance on this. He knew Adams was going to be a pain in the azz over this.  Draft time was the window to trade him.  JD has now boxed himself in a corner with this and Jamal is not holding back any punches.  Just looks like a situation that will only get uglier and uglier and uglier. 

How is JD at fault here?... because he didn't accept JJ low ball offer of 2 2nd rounders... GTFOH...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

46 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He finally found a username that fits him ? 

Dude, just stop... you don’t want to know what yours should be.

You add nothing interesting here. Ever. You’re an echo chamber. You finally stopped addressing me directly, but now you do it through other people, just like a little weasel. 

Your posts come off like someone simply looking for validation. Just like the kid trying too hard to get a seat at a table with who you think are the popular kids.

You’re so far up 80s butt in every thread, he can probably blow you out his nose.

I’m done letting you slide, so it’s your choice. Ignore me, or we go back and forth constantly. The first choice is the easy one, the second doesn’t end well for either of us, so choose wisely.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Dude, just stop... you don’t want to know what yours should be.

You add nothing interesting here. Ever. You’re an echo chamber. You finally stopped addressing me directly, but now you do it through other people, just like a little weasel. 

Your posts come off like someone simply looking for validation. Just like the kid trying too hard to get a seat at a table with who you think are the popular kids.

You’re so far up 80s butt in every thread, he can probably blow you out his nose.

I’m done letting you slide, so it’s your choice. Ignore me, or we go back and forth constantly. The first choice is the easy one, the second doesn’t end well for either of us, so choose wisely.

Ok Troll face/14 in Green/Baker’s manservant  ? 

47 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Let him be a bitch all year. We can easily control him for the next 3 while he tanks his market value if he wants to play it like that. League can easily move on without the world's most self important box safety if he decides to pout from home. How many extra games we pretending Jamal Adams in the lineup wins us next year? You dont just give in to this little a$$hole who can't remember the last time he heard no.

I agree. Let him come to camp. If he talks trash have ashton start for game 1 at the last minute. ( yes, i know please dont bother pointing it out)

Sit his butt for the next 2 years. Franchise tag him and sit him again. Ruin his best years since he’s trying to ruin the years we have with him.

make an example of him. No mercy

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

How is JD at fault here?... because he didn't accept JJ low ball offer of 2 2nd rounders... GTFOH...

You have no idea what what was offered.  The longer JD waits to rid himself of Adams, the less his value will be.  Problem is you and the rest of the Jamal lovers on here think his value is way higher than it should be.  Patrick Ramsey is NOT Jamal Adams.  No team is going to give much for a box safety with 2 INT's in 3 years who's demanding 15-20 mil per year. That's a fantasy.  GTFR.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Prez33 said:

You know what this forum needs? Another Jamal Adams thread. Lol. Why do people create new threads about the same player and slightly alter the subject matter?  

Sixteen threads on Jamal Adams. 

the mods like it that way? i tried already and gave up

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

This is such a lazy article.  How about the 5-6 football guys he questioned give their theory on what a trade would/could look like for each of those teams instead of them answering some nonsensical trade scenario.  That would be way more of an interesting read then this nonsense. 

Yeah that's why I didn't wanna renew. Mostly it's a good service, but with covid there really isn't  much content now. One of their recent articles was  listing the draft capital of every NBA team, a paid article with simple facts anyone could google 

You can't make a player stay on a team if he doesn't want to. 

Having said that, Jets have all the leverage. Jamal can keep crying on social media but if he holds out, it will hurt his own pocket. Jets can wait around for the right deal to trade him, and they will do just that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We've been telling you guys for 2 years this was coming and you didn't listen.

JD wasn't going to take significantly less for Adams in a trade at the deadline.  He didn't do sh*t to put us in this spot.  He'ls looking out for the laundry just fine.

Now Jamal can sit and do nothing about it while JD mulls over his options.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe 2 years from now he'll make a trade.  It's entirely up to him.  

This is not wise IMO. If a player doesn't want to be here and has been a constant pain in the azz, then take action. So many players have demanded trades in all sports, no matter how good they were, and have been traded for less value.  And there have been GM's that stuck it out and got really good deals for their star player.  But Adams isn't really all that. He is NOT Patrick Ramsey or the like.  This throws a wrench into the problem.  JD needs to act and rid himself of this self proclaimed wannbe before the season starts.  JD didn't draft Adams. Gase is probably sick of his antics as well. And seeing how Gase values certain positions over others, I'm sure he has zero interest in extending a SS at 15M per year that barely impacts games.  Keeping a disgruntled Adams on this team for 2-3 years is asinine and will just backfire.  

Adams has wanted out since the end of 2018 "we need more dawgs" melodrama. This entire betrayal angle has been completely fabricated by him so he'd have an angle to try and force his way out while saving face.

Don't mind that he wants to get paid. Don't mind that he can't take the losing and wants out (hell, so do I!) But just be straight up about it. Handle it behind the scenes. Stop acting like a bitch on social media. He's come off as a complete phony through all of this.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Jamal fanboys in shambles 

Being a Jamal Adams fan myself and having followed many of the JA threads on this forum I can tell you that I've never seen anyone defend the JA social media shenanigans, just the on-field play. Even when defending him as a leader it was as a locker room and on-field leader. Not the leadership he shows in the offseason and on social media. 

So yea, he didn't get his contract and now he's making it known that he doesn't want to be here. Immature to do it on social media but it also shows that the Jets have all the leverage. If he stayed quiet and kept this behind closed doors, the Jets would give him the middle finger because he's under contract and he'd have no other option but to hold out and lose money. 

• Upvote 2

Don’t know why this kid couldn’t have just toughened up and try and be a team player.  Even if he did t mean it he would have come off looking better and he would have eventually gotten paid sooner rather than later.  Instead he opted for the DIVA antics.  Kid is talented but he isn’t as great as he thinks he is.  Also he has already built a reputation as a pain in the ass.  Honestly he belongs in Cleveland with the rest of the goofs 

• Upvote 1

Wow Adams is really pushing JD into a corner.  CJ, JD and Gase must be fuming.  IF you're JD, you have to get rid of this guy sooner rather than later. Obviously, they have zero interest in extending him or they would have.  Any decent trade proposition needs to be accepted at this point. You just may not get another chance to unload this wannabe.  I just don't see any team taking on this headache, having to pay him tons of money in time and having to give up valuable picks.      

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

This is is 3rd edit. He’s trying very hard here. ^^^^^

still not clever though. Somebody give the weasel an upvote. He’s flailing away right now.

Looks like I struck a nerve.  Golf game not been too good lately?  

• Upvote 1

Unpopular take, but if this is to happen, i'd almost rather get some players in return... EVEN I'M over this continuing to wait until April to cash in... Like let's fcking get going already. Ship me a pass rusher and a playmaker. 

• Upvote 4

Guys, I said this in another thread. It's a shame if we lose Jamal, hes a great player. 

But, this would not be as big a problem if good old Mac didnt give Q a contract, overpaid for Bell and Mosley without the foresight of knowing both Darnolds and Adam's contracts will ne coming up.

I honestly believe Jamal would have gotten 16-17 a year if bell and Quincy did not have contracts.

• Thumb Down 6

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Wow Adams is really pushing JD into a corner.  CJ, JD and Gase must be fuming.  IF you're JD, you have to get rid of this guy sooner rather than later. Obviously, they have zero interest in extending him or they would have.  Any decent trade proposition needs to be accepted at this point. You just may not get another chance to unload this wannabe.  I just don't see any team taking on this headache, having to pay him tons of money in time and having to give up valuable picks.      

Hm nah JD still has the leverage. We’ll extend you when we want. We will trade you when we want. He’s not sitting a season out. And teams will still give up valuable picks. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Unpopular take, but if this is to happen, i'd almost rather get some players in return... EVEN I'M over this continuing to wait until approve to cash in... Like let's fcking get going already. Ship me a pass rusher and a playmaker. 

I’m open to getting established players but I’m not sure teams would part with them especially ones who think that Jamal is their missing piece.  Plus I think JD wants picks.  Having another draft with 9-10 picks especially multiple first will really accelerate this team into a playoff contender quick 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Hm nah JD still has the leverage. We’ll extend you when we want. We will trade you when we want. He’s not sitting a season out. And teams will still give up valuable picks. 

Its not just about leverage.  Its about whats best for the team.  He doesn't want to be here. He's not living in reality.  Who needs this headache. Surely not JD.  And you aren't getting nearly what you think for him.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’m open to getting established players but I’m not sure teams would part with them especially ones who think that Jamal is their missing piece.  Plus I think JD wants picks.  Having another draft with 9-10 picks especially multiple first will really accelerate this team into a playoff contender quick 

I get it (i'm one of the biggest draft nerds on this site), but how many times have we told ourselves that ^^

I've grown numb to the mantra. 

We're not likely getting certified blue chips in return, but imagine pulling off a trade to PHI for Derek Barnett (DE/OLB) and Dallas Goedert (TE)... i would welcome the opportunity at this point. 

Just now, fullblast said:

Adams has wanted out since the end of 2018 "we need more dawgs" melodrama. This entire betrayal angle has been completely fabricated by him so he'd have an angle to try and force his way out while saving face.

Don't mind that he wants to get paid. Don't mind that he can't take the losing and wants out (hell, so do I!) But just be straight up about. He's come off as a complete phony through all of this.

Fact is you have no idea what he really wants. He PROBABLY wants to be on his choice of team which happens to be in his preferred city which happens to fit his preferred style of play which happens to be super bowl bound which is also happy to pay him whatever he wants. And isn't that the situation every player wants to be in? I'm sure he has those priorities listed from most to least important. I'm sure money is at the very top with winning and location not too far behind. 

From HIS perspective, if the Jets won't pay him (at least not now, which means possibly not ever)- then what are they offering him? Are they a winning franchise? No. Are they in the city he wants to be in? The only thing they are doing right is using him properly to showcase his abilities. I.E. on the Jets, with GW, he's in the right system. And I don't want to hear this nonsense about he should honor his contract or he should be happy to play in the NFL or he should be able to elevate the team to be a winner. It's the GMs responsibility to build a winner, not any one player's. And this is a brutal business. If you can get cut after getting injured b/c you played hurt for your team, then f**k all this nonsense about not being able to demand a new contract if you are still on your rookie deal but are eligible for one. Especially if you are an All Pro and you feel like you deserve a new deal.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

I get it (i'm one of the biggest draft nerds on this site), but how many times have we told ourselves that ^^

I've grown numb to the mantra. 

We're not likely getting certified blue chips in return, but imagine pulling off a trade to PHI for Derek Barnett (DE/OLB) and Dallas Goedert (TE)... i would welcome the opportunity at this point. 

I’m open to it.  I just don’t think it will happen.  Its rare to see established players traded for each other.  I would love to get a 1st and a good WR or OL.  Something like that I think is more likely 

• Upvote 1