The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Good timing actually.  The Jets still have years of control, so no hurry.  Lots of leverage here.

I like Adams as a player, but would trade anyone for the right price.  It is all about value, and I think the Jets should get good value here.  

They better get great value since JD holds all the cards 

13 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

What do you consider full value?  What we drafted him for?  Value of a 1st round #6 pick. Good luck with that. No way are you getting that for him.  Not now. And the longer JD waits, the less is value.   Ownership,management, fans don't like this. Even players don't like this when it's not warranted. And in this case it isn't.  Who the hell wants to play alongside a guy who doesn't even ant to be here. 

Full value is multiple 1st rounders.. Fair value is a 1st and a young developing player like Gallup... Willing to accept Yannick and a 3rd... Or any top end edge rusher... If you don't get that then you just let the locker room handle the antics... JA loves football too much to damage his playing reputation... So he will play angry which may actually be a good thing. 2-3 more years of all pro play and then the jets either trade his rights or get a 2024 3rd round compensatory pick. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, choon328 said:

I wouldn't trade Adams for any player that is not controllable for 2+ years no matter the position. 

Good point - but the question is where do you find that player?

Im going to look only at defense because losing Adams would completely change what the team needs to do on the field and would be extremely hard to replace without the team taking a step back.

Ngakoue doesnt really fit that as he needs a new deal even though he does seem like the best fit for a potential trade as he helps the team win this year (as opposed to just draft picks).

Matt Judon (not sure he is worth it) and Bud Dupree are both on franchise tags, so not sure they really fit the team control narrative, but Pittsburgh did draft a 3-4 OLB in the 3rd round possibly to groom behind Dupree.

One player who does fit that description is Montez Sweat, who is now somewhat expendable with the Chase Young pick.  The issue is the redskins have Landon Collins - who is due $10 million this year and $5 guaranteed next year.  Im not sure if they could take the accelerated cap hit dealing collins to us if we agreed to take his contract, but its not a bad idea to get sweat, collins and a pick.

This isnt going to be easy for JD to find a good match

35 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/29/cowboys-have-consideration-in-the-mill-before-tuesdays-trade-deadline/

Douglas overplayed his hand asking for a 1 and two 2s. We could've gotten a 1 and a 3 from Jerry.

I guarantee we don't get a 1 and a 3 for Adams now. 

I like Douglas but he played it wrong. Should've traded him in October. Said it at the time, was proven right

Nobody offered a 1st and a third... If it was offered then the trade discussion would have evolved... The only leak that the cowboys offered was 2 second rounders... In which it was stated that they would not give up a first for him... The truth is that JJ lowballed JD and started these rumors to create exactly what is going on now.... JJ is trying to play the Jets like a fiddle and I just don't think they cave IMHO. 

So Jamal is going to have to play angry and unhappy for a few years or get some team to pay a Paul George type deal... If you don't get the reference it's where clippers was forced to trade for him in order to get Leonard. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's like the bizarro world  of bad ideas have even bled into sports commentary.

lol - it's straight stupidity like that comment that led me to not watching those shows.  Legit, I cant tell you the last time I've watched a single show on ESPN, NFLN, etc.  They're so bad. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/29/cowboys-have-consideration-in-the-mill-before-tuesdays-trade-deadline/

Douglas overplayed his hand asking for a 1 and two 2s. We could've gotten a 1 and a 3 from Jerry.

I guarantee we don't get a 1 and a 3 for Adams now. 

I like Douglas but he played it wrong. Should've traded him in October. Said it at the time, was proven right

Well, no. Jerry Jones might have run his mouth a bit, but with Prescott on deck for a big deal, that was not happening. They don't have the cap room to write anywhere close to these numbers. They brought in Mike McCarthy to get their offense in gear;how would dealing 2 of their top 3 picks for a safety look in that situation? And Steven Jones made very clear he was not allowing his dad to deal their #1 for a box safety. This is all a fantasy, another instance of fans calling into radio stations with nonsense trades that assumes the other team will act in exactly the way that benefits your team and doesn't consider that team at all."My team will trade you our headache that you don't need for good things of value because..."  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - it's straight stupidity like that comment that led me to not watching those shows.  Legit, I cant tell you the last time I've watched a single show on ESPN, NFLN, etc.  They're so bad. 

Anything that is not an actual game or "30 for 30" on ESPN these days will lower your IQ several points. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed. They did a top 10 this past week on the best players who were traded at some point in their careers. Tom Seaver wasn't on the list. ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wonder how much of that has to do with Darnold being perceived as the face of the franchise.  Normally I'd say that would be silly but with Adams, anything appears to be possible.

This is precisely his problem with the Jets. He can't handle that Sam is the face of the franchise instead of him. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Nobody offered a 1st and a third... If it was offered then the trade discussion would have evolved... The only leak that the cowboys offered was 2 second rounders... In which it was stated that they would not give up a first for him... The truth is that JJ lowballed JD and started these rumors to create exactly what is going on now.... JJ is trying to play the Jets like a fiddle and I just don't think they cave IMHO. 

So Jamal is going to have to play angry and unhappy for a few years or get some team to pay a Paul George type deal... If you don't get the reference it's where clippers was forced to trade for him in order to get Leonard. 

IIRC, the Cowboys offer was a one and their fourth CB Anthony Brown which, at the time, Douglas was justified in turning down. The fact that just getting a one backs seems like a good return is more a reflection on the base looking more objectively at Adams’ production.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This is precisely his problem with the Jets. He can't handle that Sam is the face of the franchise instead of him. 

I think it’s deeper than that, imo. The team has zero chance to win when Sam isn’t in the lineup, and Adams made zero impact on the record when they started 1-7 with him as their “leader.” I think he’s acknowledging that he needs the cover of a better team around him to hide the fact that he doesn’t do all that much

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

It’s still early enough in Jamal’s rookie contract to get a decent package back

if the jets wait until next summer forget about it.  We will be lucky to get a 2nd

It might be better than keeping him for the 5th year. At that point you have to ask if it's worth it to force him to play out his 5th year option and then let him walk so you might get a 2023 decent comp pick.  I'd probably prefer the 2021 2nd round pick with no Jamal on the roster in the 5th year. 

Haven’t been on the Forum too much lately as we’ve been doing some family staycation time, but now caught up on most of the Jamal threads.  Is the gist of the situation now that Jamal would like to be traded because the Jets haven’t given him a big contract offer and that the Jets are essentially holding the line and willing to let him play out the next season (or two)?

We’ve had rumors of “listening to trade offers” from last November, Jamal tweeting/Snap chatting/Facebooking/Instagramming/TikTok’ing his passive-aggressive unhappiness with the Jets and his contract situation, the Jets basically saying nothing and being perfectly happy to let a player under contract for several more years continue to play, etc.

In other words, aren’t we in exactly the same situation we’ve always been?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

ive seen cowboy fans say a 1st and awuzie or brown

eagle fans say Ertz and a 1st.

no thanks to both.

actually, not to far off from reality there.  Should be under consideration.  but the words "a first and....."  are on the right track. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

ive seen cowboy fans say a 1st and awuzie or brown

eagle fans say Ertz and a 1st.

no thanks to both.

Don’t know Ertz’s contract situation but Ertz and a 1st for a TE-loving coach like Gase might get it done.

I’d be interested because of Julie. :D 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Haven’t been on the Forum too much lately as we’ve been doing some family staycation time, but now caught up on most of the Jamal threads.  Is the gist of the situation now that Jamal would like to be traded because the Jets haven’t given him a big contract offer and that the Jets are essentially holding the line and willing to let him play out the next season (or two)?

We’ve had rumors of “listening to trade offers” from last November, Jamal tweeting/Snap chatting/Facebooking/Instagramming/TikTok’ing his passive-aggressive unhappiness with the Jets and his contract situation, the Jets basically saying nothing and being perfectly happy to let a player under contract for several more years continue to play, etc.

In other words, aren’t we in exactly the same situation we’ve always been?

yes and no.  But now it's way more national attention.  Adams fired the next shot and the whole thing is escalated.  But the economic nuts and bolts and the fact that Jamal has zero leverage aside from infuriatiing the fans, his coaches and his teammates via the press and social media have not changed one bit.  It has gotten uglier.  And that's 100% on Adams by the way.

As a fan, I'm fine with it.  One step closer to resolution.  

• Upvote 3

On 6/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, FidelioJet said:

Yes. And Adams absolutely is to blame, but JD should have seen this coming a mile away.  This past draft was loaded with talent at our biggest needs. The time to trade him was before the draft.  

we will not the value now than we could have then.  
This isn’t personal, guys make mistakes sometime. JD’s not infallible - he made a mistake here. That’s all.  

Said JA's agent or his mother.

• Upvote 2