Redskins no more-team retires name

8 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Look up the Me-262. Jets were flying during the war. 

1941/1942 was the first operational flight, they were active during WW2, but dont expect these uneducated Neanderthals to understand it, they can barely understand someone being flippant, let alone world history. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Native Americans: ok cool whatev

Libs: huh ok

Angry pasty bros: GAHHHHHHHH WHAT IS NEXT, SNOWFLAKES??? THE PATRIOTS???!?!?!??!!!??? 

When are you changing your last name?  Shane helped out a homesteading family (the Starretts) and the Homestead Act accelerated the settlement of the American west, intruding on the land of the Native Americans.

#T0mRedHawks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_Acts

image.thumb.png.43662ff2279ed3ec1746977f35b68239.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

From the press release:

“On July 3rd, we announced the commencement of a thorough review of the team’s name. That review has begun in earnest. As part of this process, we want to keep our sponsors, fans and community apprised of our thinking as we go forward"

Notice the order of concern? I have zero doubt that is Snyder letting his thoughts be known. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Patriots:  Colonial slave owners and terrorists. 

Buffalo Bill:  Indian bounty hunter. 

Raiders:  Raped and plundered innocents on the high seas.  

Buccaneers:  See Raiders. 

Chiefs:  See Redskins.  

Cowboys:  Murderous enemy of indigenous people. 

Vikings:  Raped and slaughtered innocents whose land they conquered. 

Chargers:  Credit card debt afflicts billions of people.   

SAR I

You forgot one,

Jets: bent over fans backward and did the dirty to them for over 50 years.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When are you changing your last name?  Shane helped out a homesteading family (the Starretts) and the Homestead Act accelerated the settlement of the American west, intruding on the land of the Native Americans.

#T0mRedHawks

lol. I’m derived from the Sheehan clan of County Cork, IRL. My great-great grandfather came to America in 1916. County Cork was famously invaded throughout the centuries by the Moors, Vikings, Greeks, and even the French, which explains our burly physiques, native excellence in love-making, and relatively huge dicks. 

Footnote: both @Irish Jet and @Panzer Division Marduk are from the west coast of Ireland, so none of that applies to them. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Look up the Me-262. Jets were flying during the war. 

They were hardly flying and more importantly it was a German fighter.  Doesn’t make his ugly comment that weve been bombing civilians since WWII

Just now, T0mShane said:

lol. I’m derived from the Sheehan clan of County Cork, IRL. My great-great grandfather came to America in 1916. County Cork was famously invaded throughout the centuries by the Moors, Vikings, Greeks, and even the French, which explains our burly physiques, native excellence in love-making, and relatively huge dicks. 

Footnote: both @Irish Jet and @Panzer Division Marduk are from the west coast of Ireland, so none of that applies to them. 

Leave the Moops out of this.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JTJet said:

1941/1942 was the first operational flight, they were active during WW2, but dont expect these uneducated Neanderthals to understand it, they can barely understand someone being flippant, let alone world history. 

Other than engine problems kept the Jet out of service until mid 1944 and that it was a fighter plane, not a bomber the Neanderthals actually are clued in especially since you said dropping bombs since WWI, which this Neanderthal remembers was earlier than the 1940s :) 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am also of recent Cork County descent. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King P said:

This is me watching all the crying online from people so upset about the name change...

tenor.gif?itemid=11087788

Their tears are delicious 

Certainly catnip for sports journalists. What will be interesting is the reaction when Snyder uses this as leverage (Already is I’d bet and could have been in on this change this go around)for not spending a dime on a new stadium and getting the next Super Bowl available. They are sitting on the name right now too. My guess is until they get approval on the stadium and big game.

I 100% support this change.

"Slippery Slope!" and "What's Next?" and "What about...?" arguments against it are just the weakest and dumbest defenses of abject racism IMO.  

Teams should not be named after ethnic groups and logos shouldn't be outdated racist caricatures of those ethnic groups.  No matter how much the intent is to "honor" them.  Most of "them" don't want it.

Washington comes up with a decent logo and name, and I'll very likely start watching their games and rooting for them (after 30+ years of refusing to do so living down here) alongside our Jets.  No harm in rooting for an NFL team on the side.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This is probably your best post ever 

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No need.  Don't really care enough either way on that aspect.

The name change was what I wanted, and we're getting it.    

Yeah they’re definitely changing it now. FedEx wasn’t removing signage until after this season though, so my guess is they’ll play out this season as “Washington” in their old threads. Once the RFK site is finalized, likely in partnership with FedEx we’ll see a massive rollout with the new brand etc. And then a Super Bowl announcement at some point.

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I 100% support this change.

"Slippery Slope!" and "What's Next?" and "What about...?" arguments against it are just the weakest and dumbest defenses of abject racism IMO.  

Teams should not be named after ethnic groups and logos shouldn't be outdated racist caricatures of those ethnic groups.  No matter how much the intent is to "honor" them.  Most of "them" don't want it.

Washington comes up with a decent logo and name, and I'll very likely start watching their games and rooting for them (after 30+ years of refusing to do so living down here) alongside our Jets.  No harm in rooting for an NFL team on the side.

So what happens when you are a fan of Team A and Team Y protests because the American alphabet no longer represents a real language to the disenfranchised text/emoji based "truth" seekers known as American youth. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So what happens when you are a fan of Team A and Team Y protests because the American alphabet no longer represents a real language to the disenfranchised text/emoji based "truth" seekers known as American youth. 

Like I said, "Slippery Slope!" and "What's Next?" arguments hold very little value IMO.  This one is so silly I have to presume you're having a laugh and not being serious.

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Will be redwolves, redtails or redhawks.  The uniforms won’t change.  The Helmet logo will be a very similar circle.  

Redtails makes little sense geographically speaking.  The Redtails (P-51 Mustangs with the tails painted red) are associated with Tuskegee Alabama where their training took place.  It would be a great name for an expansion team in Alabama, but not for the DC area...

I still like my idea best.  A total remake.  Washington DC Federals.  Union Blue jerseys, light blue pants with dark blue stripe.   Union blue helmet with two gold stipes that are outlined by thin light blue strips and gold helmet logo of crossed sabers or a civil war cannon or the Union Eagle emblem in gold. 

What could be more fitting ??? 

55 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Will Nike pull all of the child labor in sweatshops that made that merch?

Better suicide nets outside their factories,will hike the hourly wage to 35 cents per, and half days on Sunday. JUST DO IT!

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Jets: toxic, fossil fuel burning machines that destroy the natural environment and have played a major roll in wars that have killed, maimed and de-house millions of innocent peoples around the world. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than engine problems kept the Jet out of service until mid 1944 and that it was a fighter plane, not a bomber the Neanderthals actually are clued in especially since you said dropping bombs since WWI, which this Neanderthal remembers was earlier than the 1940s :) 

Totally ignoring the context of making a flippant remark, but ok.

I'm surprised a Neanderthal knows about Wikipedia. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

They were hardly flying and more importantly it was a German fighter.  Doesn’t make his ugly comment that weve been bombing civilians since

1 hour ago, JTJet said: