Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

Keep in mind a first round pick isn’t worth as much this year because of watered down CFB season.

Could be worth more if your evaluation process is better than those picking ahead of you. Roughly the same level of talent will still come out of the draft next year possibly even more than expected.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Here is a guarantee.

Adams comes out and says he really never wanted to leave the jets, he really  did love all the players and the coach and gm and owner and fans.

I’m sure he will try to bullsh*t people but it’s obvious from Bell’s comments they won’t buy it.  He was literally posting videos of Cowboys players instead of his own teammates 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Well i don't really have an opinion of Jamal these days and Gase is his own subject... but Joey Joe Joe.. wow, unreal haul. Didn't think it possible.

I'm sort in the lets win now mentality but can’t argue with that prized package of picks... Good lord.

Jamal Adams hasn't won a thing in his life.  We'll win more without him.  

Go get Jadeveon Clowney and/or Logan Ryan and let's gooooooo

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Keep in mind a first round pick isn’t worth as much this year because of watered down CFB season.

This makes sense how exactly? 

It makes a smart GM more important and leaves room for big hits by a GM who knows what hes doing 

JD makes a great trade and you haven't stopped complaining for some reason

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetswin said:

honestly Jamal's sacks were schemed for the most part due to anything resembling a pass rush on the Jets line

I agree.

I suspect Maye/Davis/Mcwhatshisface will, in total, put up pretty close numbers production wise to Adams/Maye in 2019.

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s a hell of a haul. I guess the uncertainty of the college football season helped devalue the picks and the Seahawks should be super bowl contenders making them high firsts.

We needed volume of high picks like 1st rounders, even late ones. That 5th year option on a starter is a great negotiating tool. I’m just thrilled. 

The 2021 first might get devalued but the 2022 one won't be.  That class will be loaded.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Interested to see what Seattle will end up having to pay him.  Glad it isn't us.  :)

$15-17 M per year.  Going to be interesting to see if they can get it done before  the season.

Great trade for us.  We need more resources to properly build around Darnold.  Joe D paying dividends.  First the draft, now this.  He's put himself into a damn good situation and if he can draft we can build for the long haul.  I'm pretty stoked even though I loved JA on the field. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal Adams hasn't won a thing in his life.  We'll win more without him.  

Go get Jadeveon Clowney and let's gooooooo

I’m not a big Clowney fan but I’m fine with a one year deal.  If he dies well it’s great for us even if he leaves because we get a comp pick.  Douglas has done a great job accumulating draft capital

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

They came within 1 game of winning their division. And they've improved this year (on paper anyways).

They could miss the playoffs, but I doubt it

Two games out of 1st.....and two out of 3rd.

Thats with the Rams having a down year.

I'm thinking that division could beat itself up and only one team makes the playoffs.  Still makes the 49rs the favorites.

13 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I know you’re new here, but your sadness might be my favorite part of this thread... after the whole “two first rounders,” thing, I guess. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Russel wilson is so important to that team that if he got hurt our pick might be very very high.

LOL, I said this to @Mogglez earlier, not that we wish Wilson an injury but if he goes down what does that team have.  So So WRs, no RBs, nothing great on the OL.  Wilson is that team

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

$15-17 M per year.  Going to be interesting to see if they can get it done before  the season.

Great trade for us.  We need more resources to properly build around Darnold.  Joe D paying dividends.  First the draft, now this.  He's put himself into a damn good situation and if he can draft we can build for the long haul.  I'm pretty stoked even though I loved JA on the field. 

It’ll never get to that point. Jamal is going to try to force his way to Dallas. Carroll hates this type of guy

I feel similar to when the Jets traded Keyshawn. I absolutely hated trading a home grown, young star, but I loved the haul. Douglas had a good first draft and really has the cap space and draft capital to be a big player over the next 2-3 years. I’ll miss Jamal on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2