We are a worse team today then we were yesterday

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I laughed my ass when I read the title.  Look Adams is very talented but some are acting like he is Lawrence Taylor or Ray Lewis ?.  If Jamal was as great as you think he is we wouldn’t have been 16-32 in the time he has been here 

Yea I think our impotent offense had something to do with that 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the how the Coronavirus could potentially cancel the season threads that you're used to.

I have been pretty spot on with them....want me to share all the responses how fans be in the stadiums even if at reduced capacity because the “there is to much money on the line”

10 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Walk away? What would you call it without the two firsts and a third? Those picks are more valuable to this franchise than the wannabe highest paid player on defense would’ve ever been 

Do we know who they are yet? How many first round busts have their been? We got lottery tickets not proven talent 

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I laughed my ass when I read the title.  Look Adams is very talented but some are acting like he is Lawrence Taylor or Ray Lewis ?.  If Jamal was as great as you think he is we wouldn’t have been 16-32 in the time he has been here 

Also using your logic Darnold is trash? Can’t have it both ways 

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Jd wanted to play hardball so we sent a all pro generational talent at his prime packing. Our roster has been immediately downgraded.

These picks better turn out to be pro bowlers like Jamal or this was a bone head move. JD got fleeced 

Tuck your skirt in nerd

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

lmfao at Adams being a “generational talent”

It’s completely goofy

There are plenty of GM’s and coaches who would take guys like Derwin James, Eddie Jackson, Harrison Smith, etc over Adams.

Hell, Daniel Jeremiah even put out that tweet about a week ago claiming that Derwin James would unanimously be the #1 safety in the league that every GM would want.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The truth is Jamal Adams could be the best SS to ever play the game and he still wouldn't impact the team as far as wins and losses to validate a $20/million pay day. It's a QB league.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

The dude isn’t wrong, the roster isn’t as good now.  The haul is impressive and I’d like to see joe turn some picks and go after yannick.

He's wrong about the trade being dependent on how the picks pan out.  The trade is a complete win.  What he does with those picks will be a separate item. 

All of the picks could bust and it would still have been a great trade.  Primarily because we just saved $17-20M a year in cap space for the life of Jamal's 2nd contract.  Avoiding handing big money to a Box Safety is an important step in building the roster properly.  

Suppose he nails one of the two first rounders and we sign, say, Allen Robinson with that money.  Total win, no?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Jd wanted to play hardball so we sent a all pro generational talent at his prime packing. Our roster has been immediately downgraded.

These picks better turn out to be pro bowlers like Jamal or this was a bone head move. JD got fleeced 

"generational talent"  A DB with 2 INTs over a 3 year period and against backup QBs in garbage time no less.  Matching low #s on pass defense as well.  Thank God Pete Carroll took all those drugs in the 60's and 70's.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jd wanted to play hardball so we sent a all pro generational talent at his prime packing.

Generational

The new over used term of the 2,000's

How many generational players can there be in a generation?  Isn’t generational supposed to be once a generation? 

Zeke is generational, now Barkley is generational, Gurley was generational.  But in my generation I saw BSanders, Sweetness, OJ, Dickerson, LT, etc, etc.  So how are these guys generational?  Barkleys had one season and one eh season but hes generational?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We arent worse today than yesterday?

I'm thinking we traded away our best player for future compensation which isnt here yet, so yes, right now were worse off.

But when we cash in the chips we got for him that could and should change if JD continues to do his job

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Dcat said:

Depends on your definition of worse.  I include future capital in the evaluation and future cap issues and chronic clubhouse issues.  We are far better today, looking towards the future, than we were yesterday.  I trust Maye, the rookie and Mcdougald to do just fine.  We won't miss a beat.  You greatly overstate what Adams brought in terms of W-L.  Adams matters way less than most people claim.

Just saying we're down a player, our best player.  Will pay off in the end, the assets we got back for Adams are nothing to shoo off.  Just that right now we're down a man.

I have no idea what Maye can do as a SS.  He could hardly stay healthy as a mediocre at best FS.  I'm going hes more SS than FS and McDougald who's one of the best in coverage and has played FS can slide over allowing Davis to learn instead of being forced into playing 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Tired of waiting ....you don’t let a beast like they walk away 

You do when he wants 17 mil a year(for a safety) with 2 years left on his contract and became a malcontent and whiner after declaring himself a leader. You do when the return is 2 1's plus a 3rd plus a hold the fort safety. Joe D did a great job given the circumstances. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

We'll see how much this moves the needle. He had to go. You can't call your coach out like that and stay in that locker room. We got a haul and we saved ALOT of money.

I really don't get how people don't understand this point. You cannot have a guy like Adams in your locker room under any circumstances after the stunts he pulled this off season. The Jets are infinitely better simply by having this cancer excised from the team - picks be damned. They're just icing on the cake.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1