Becton looks to be in good shape

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I hope he can play because he seems like a natural leader already. 

Just watch how many times he calls the line protections and also the offensive plays. This kid is razor smart and a physical freak all wrapped in one.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm seeing a beat me once, shame on me guy, beat me twice? It's f*cking on! When your that big & nasty (he has what QW needs), you can let down on your technique a bit & still win your battles. But, he will face some vets that have all the moves. If this guy is as smart as the say, studies film & dedicates himself to NFL Oline coaching from Pollack..WATCH OUT! 

Now just imagine JD landing a Quinton Nelson type & a stud Center over the next 2 years. How much fun is it going to be to watch Sam sit comfortably in the pocket & scan the field? Mims, maybe adding Juju, OMG ?. I just think that Sam Darnold is going to be a MONSTER when he gets time & most importantly confidence in the guys in front of him. I can't imagine combining all that with an explosive running game to! 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I am still worried about pass blocking skills and I expect him to start on the right side for a season with Fant starting on the left side.  BUT... If he is able to develop pass blocking skills, his uncommon size and athleticism will see him eventually become a world class LT. 

I happen to think he has the qualities to overcome any current lack of skills that he will need in the NFL.  Watching his college highlights, you can see just how hard he worked on every play.  He never stops.  He LOVES to get out and block.  I've seen him cross the field all the way to his right to help block.  He gets out into the third level of the defense to help the play.   A lineman that does those things and does them all the time is golden.  

He may have some growing pains, but he's got all the stuff he needs to be as special as Revis was at his position. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

His upside is Larry Allen

his upside is mekti becton.  i'm not trying to be cute but these player comparisons get a little old after a while.  you know this guy is a poor man's this or that.  these players are all unique and becton just needs to be becton.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I am still worried about pass blocking skills and I expect him to start on the right side for a season with Fant starting on the left side.  BUT... If he is able to develop pass blocking skills, his uncommon size and athleticism will see him eventually become a world class LT. 

I happen to think he has the qualities to overcome any current lack of skills that he will need in the NFL.  Watching his college highlights, you can see just how hard he worked on every play.  He never stops.  He LOVES to get out and block.  I've seen him cross the field all the way to his right to help block.  He gets out into the third level of the defense to help the play.   A lineman that does those things and does them all the time is golden.  

He may have some growing pains, but he's got all the stuff he needs to be as special as Revis was at his position. 

This has been my plan for him for a long time, and it's no knock on him, either. He's young and somewhat inexperienced in pass protection. There's nothing wrong with letting him get acclimated on the right side. I think he could be a monster in the running game there as a rookie. For me, it would come down to not only how much faith I had in him to play the left side right away, but also who I thought was better; Fant at LT or Edoga at RT. 

I don't usually get excited about OL picks, but I really do think Becton's upside is HoF. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, slats said:

This has been my plan for him for a long time, and it's no knock on him, either. He's young and somewhat inexperienced in pass protection. There's nothing wrong with letting him get acclimated on the right side. I think he could be a monster in the running game there as a rookie. For me, it would come down to not only how much faith I had in him to play the left side right away, but also who I thought was better; Fant at LT or Edoga at RT. 

I don't usually get excited about OL picks, but I really do think Becton's upside is HoF. 

Agree fully.  Becton is really a fun pick.  I cant wait to watch him play.  If he starts on the right side, and I think this likely, he is going to be a steam roller in the running game from day one while he works to improve pass blocking skills...

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RobR said:

Bad comparison because Allen was a guard....I'd lean more to an Ogden because they are similarly built and they are both tackles and crazy athletic for their size.

I remember reading that, too. But he's just bulkier than Ogden as a prospect. Both of them are freakishly tall for the NFL but at their respective combine weigh-ins I think Becton had almost 50 pounds on Ogden despite being an inch or two shorter.

Build-wise he seems to match up closer to Pace, but even Pace was never in the 360-370 pound range. Of course when you factor in that oversized pumpkin on Pace's shoulders he & Ogden were probably closer from the neck down.

I'd be thrilled beyond belief if Becton turns into anywhere near either of those two. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Now just imagine JD landing a Quinton Nelson type & a stud Center over the next 2 years. How much fun is it going to be to watch Sam sit comfortably in the pocket & scan the field? Mims, maybe adding Juju, OMG ?. I just think that Sam Darnold is going to be a MONSTER when he gets time & most importantly confidence in the guys in front of him. I can't imagine combining all that with an explosive running game to! 

Trey Hill is a stud center from Georgia who could be there with the Seahawks pick in 2021.

• Upvote 2

Becton is built like a Godzilla...a King Kong on the football field he can be. 

NY...is his for the taking. 

I can feel it...

The Gods 'O Canton have blessed the Jets with JD.  Now Becton...Mims...and the rest of this draft.  More to come...

Potentially 11 picks in the 2021 draft.  Seven in rounds 1 through 4. 

Yes...I can feel it...Jets are coming...watch out NFL...

Download video

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, RobR said:

Bad comparison because Allen was a guard....I'd lean more to an Ogden because they are similarly built and they are both tackles and crazy athletic for their size.

I'm not talking about position. I'm talking about level of dominance

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

If he figures things out from the neck up, and isn't just an enormo-body with raw athleticism, this will be one of the best picks the team has ever made. I wish he wasn't considered so much boom-or-bust, since the latter would be a major setback, but it seems his upside is to be the best tackle in the league. 

Why is it so boom or bust?  He’s only 5-10 lbs heavier than Trent Brown

On 7/30/2020 at 7:55 AM, THE BARON said:

Becton has very good feet and mobility for someone his size

On 7/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, Mogglez said:

No diss to Duke Manyweather, who is an EXCELLENT trainer, but it's scary to think Becton hasn't even even spent more than a couple of days in an NFL strength and conditioning program and looks like this.

Could it be the kid is very wealthy now and is not eating Mac and cheese? Personal chef can make a great difference. No cheating when nobody is looking!

• Upvote 1