Jets Getting More Cap

SR24

Because teams like the jets would have had 10M against the cap for nothing, so that makes sense.  And if there’s a season it’s all the more important to have cap flexibility because you’re going to be signing way more guys as your own guys have to isolate and miss games.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

So we get an extra $10mm of cap this year? That’s what Mosleys bonus was right? 

No, that was a roster bonus that he, "earned." The pro-rated portion of his signing bonus is what they get back, and that's just $1.5M. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Listen Mosley never really even played for this team. I was pissed that as a veteran leader he opted out because now you're going to see the rest of the cowards start bailing. What I mean by that is all of the "me" guys. You know the type, that film themselves throwing bags of gummy dicks at their ex-wife and own child in front of the police? LMFAO! These are the guys that don't care about anybody or anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong if you actually have a family issue or a health issue, but the entire world is in disarray right now. You would expect the NFL, a multi billion-dollar corporation to have its s*** together!? For Christ's sakes there's an entire medical staff employed by every team to take care of multi-millionaires LOL! This isn't Stat Health Care down the block in Brentwood.

Just like we claimed all the first line workers as Heroes cause they did their job during the pandemic, I think it's up to the actual leaders and heroes in the NFL to show everyone on both sides that there is hope, and that we will all make it through this. I have no respect for a veteran who already "got paid"  opting out. I think it's BS-

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Listen Mosley never really even played for this team. I was pissed that as a veteran leader he opted out because now you're going to see the rest of the cowards start bailing. What I mean by that is all of the "me" guys. You know the type, that film themselves throwing bags of gummy dicks at their ex-wife and own child in front of the police? LMFAO! These are the guys that don't care about anybody or anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong if you actually have a family issue or a health issue, but the entire world is in disarray right now. You would expect the NFL, a multi billion-dollar corporation to have its s*** together!? For Christ's sakes there's an entire medical staff employed by every team to take care of multi-millionaires LOL! This isn't Stat Health Care down the block in Brentwood.

Just like we claimed all the first line workers as Heroes cause they did their job during the pandemic, I think it's up to the actual leaders and heroes in the NFL to show everyone on both sides that there is hope, and that we will all make it through this. I have no respect for a veteran who already "got paid"  opting out. I think it's BS-

Its a throw away season, that probably won’t even occur.  Besides that, its just a game.  Calm down.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3

18 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Its a throw away season, that probably won’t even occur.  Besides that, its just a game.  Calm down.  

Yeah I can see your angle. But come on it's a hell of a lot more than a game dude. Why do you think so many people post on here? It's a symbiance between the fans and the players it's about hopes and dreams. We experience vicariously through them. It's psychological it's Americana it's ingrained.

Do you see Aerosmith playing for 2 hours to an empty Stadium? 

If I could have been the opening act for The Rolling Stones and it got canceled I would have been devastated. That would be a moment that affected me for the rest of my life so how do you think the younger players on the bubble feel? Do they think it's just a game and get over it?  I definitely don't think so.

Jenga is just a game.

Besides never in the history of being told to calm down has anybody ever calmed down!!! LMFAO!

To me personally and my four children, Football Sundays are to us what it is to other people when they go to church. By this I mean the regularity and expectation and habit. We bust out the food spread we put on our jerseys we take the day off we live  and breathe in the moment and vicariously through the players. That's what being a fan is. It's not just a game dude it's so much more.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Sounds great in theory.  But then you have stories like this:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/08/04/gunfire-beverly-crest-large-party-3-wounded/

I'm not getting into the robbery/shooting part of it, which is tragic but unrelated.  Hundreds of guests at a house without masks.  All the doctors in the world can't treat stupidity and when things like this are happening, how do we expect to keep everyone else in the bubble safe.  

I completely hear you. Unfortunately for some, there is this thing called learning the hard way. LOL

Experience can be the worst teacher you ever had

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

read his response - it seems like he lost alot of the fire.  it sucks because he was quite good that first half he played for us.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If I'm Douglas I sign Darnold to an extension tomorrow and front load it to the moon.  That way if Darnold isn't your guy in say 3 years, you can move on with less issue.  And if he is your guy you have way more payroll flexibility in his prime.

I don't know if that's actually feasible I guess.  I don't know much about contracts. 

The danger in frontloading is that some guys don't want to play the back end of the deal when they are making below-market salary even though they cashed the big signing bonus check earlier.  

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If I'm Douglas I sign Darnold to an extension tomorrow and front load it to the moon.  That way if Darnold isn't your guy in say 3 years, you can move on with less issue.  And if he is your guy you have way more payroll flexibility in his prime.

I don't know if that's actually feasible I guess.  I don't know much about contracts. 

Nah. Not with the potential for Lawrence if Darnold implodes.

This is actually bad news for the Jets.

This is a tank year anyway, we’re not going to spend the money on anyone to be competitive - would much rather have had the $10mm hit this year.

Now the cap hit will roll over to next year - when we’re, hopefully, going to try and win.  

I guess it rolls over anyway but we have to be near the minimum right now though.

19 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's Mosley's job. He's just fortunate to play a game for a living. It doesn't make his obligation to do his job any different than the rest of us.

Lots of people have decided to take time off or not work during these times.  No big deal.  

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yeah I can see your angle. But come on it's a hell of a lot more than a game dude. Why do you think so many people post on here? It's a symbiance between the fans and the players it's about hopes and dreams. We experience vicariously through them. It's psychological it's Americana it's ingrained.

Do you see Aerosmith playing for 2 hours to an empty Stadium? 

If I could have been the opening act for The Rolling Stones and it got canceled I would have been devastated. That would be a moment that affected me for the rest of my life so how do you think the younger players on the bubble feel? Do they think it's just a game and get over it?  I definitely don't think so.

Jenga is just a game.

Besides never in the history of being told to calm down has anybody ever calmed down!!! LMFAO!

To me personally and my four children, Football Sundays are to us what it is to other people when they go to church. By this I mean the regularity and expectation and habit. We bust out the food spread we put on our jerseys we take the day off we live  and breathe in the moment and vicariously through the players. That's what being a fan is. It's not just a game dude it's so much more.

I would say the same thing I would say to many church goers, its not healthy to be so obsessed.  

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The earliest they can extend Sam is after this season.   

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is actually bad news for the Jets.

This is a tank year anyway, we’re not going to spend the money on anyone to be competitive - would much rather have had the $10mm hit this year.

Now the cap hit will roll over to next year - when we’re, hopefully, going to try and win.  

I guess it rolls over anyway but we have to be near the minimum right now though.

Mosley’s prorated signing bonus cost is only $1.5 million.