Darnold taking the blame. He was bad, he knows it. We're on to next week.

jetstream23

2 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Thats good to see that he has the Sanchez post game stuff down pat. Took him 3 years but he got there.

100%. Darnold says the exact same things Sanchez used to say after every loss.  "I've got to get better", "I didn't play well", "I can't keep playing like this". Then next week the same.  Starting to have my doubts about Sam.  He just doesn't look comfortable and confident out there.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

anyone know where to watch gase's post game? More of the deflecting? Less of the "I probably shouldn't have designed pass plays that take more than 3 seconds to develop against a defense that gets to the QB in less than 3 seconds especially when I know my QB makes bad decisions under that type of sustained pressure"?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold has no sack.  The guy is as soft as cotton ball.

He is hopeless.  Doesn't matter who coaches, or who is around him.  He doesn't have it.   

The next QB they draft better be from the Midwest, Rust Belt, or the South.

Good point.

Rodgers and Brady are also as soft as cotton. Cali kids just aren’t tough. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Rodgers and Brady May be from Cali but I think it’s universally accepted they’re assholes. If a QB is from Cali he needs to be elitist a$$hole and not a surfer boy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Good to know. 

Even if I bought the argument that Darnold didn’t have the right personality to be a successful NFL QB (I don’t), I think the important point is that it still wouldn’t have anything to do with what state he is from - it would simply be about his personality. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

How about he steps up next week and plays a good game against a really good team? Regardless of whether or not the Jets win, how about Sam plays well?

Or is that too much to ask from the 3rd overall pick in the draft in his 3rd season in the league?

I really thought he turned a corner in that Ravens game last year, but no. He looked like a guy who expected to fail today

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Good to know. 

Even if I bought the argument that Darnold didn’t have the right personality to be a successful NFL QB (I don’t), I think the important point is that it still wouldn’t have anything to do with what state he is from - it would simply be about his personality. 

The United States is a big country.  People from different parts of the country have different values, different attitudes, different experiences, etc.

Even a country as small as Italy is very regional.  Florence is nothing like Naples.

West Coasters are soft.  I want an angry kid from the 'Burgh.  Like Marino.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

The United States is a big country.  People from different parts of the country have different values, different attitudes, different experiences, etc.

Even a country as small as Italy is very regional.  Florence is nothing like Naples.

West Coasters are soft.  I want an angry kid from the Burgh.  Like Marino.

Tom Brady is from Cali.

56 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

100%. Darnold says the exact same things Sanchez used to say after every loss.  "I've got to get better", "I didn't play well", "I can't keep playing like this". Then next week the same.  Starting to have my doubts about Sam.  He just doesn't look comfortable and confident out there.

I LMAO at all the 14 jerseys .... when will we learn.   I give the JETS organization so much blame but I’m starting to come to terms with it.

SAM shows brilliance, then shots the bed.  Rinse and repeat.   

General rule... don’t buy a jersey until a guy signs his 2nd contract.  

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

1698553152_ScreenShot2020-09-13at3_33_04PM.png.a12022582491d0a946ed999d1978c96c.png

A delay coming off the 2 minute: WTF all around. There is a lack of focus to to Gase, Darnold and the OC. You need to pay offense with a controlled rage, like you are gonna lay waste and salt the earth. Too east/west, not enough north and south don't force the issue, didn't scare anyone. You got an OL now, if the pass isn't working, push their DL around for 3 yards a clip and wait til you can playaction. Delayed handoffs, mindless up the middle, screens, 2 yard passes on 3rd and 12, WTF, NONE OF THE SHEET WAS WORKING. 

• Upvote 1

I wish he would just come out and say we need to have a better game plan and I need the opportunity to throw for first downs, get in rythem and win some game. Not getting a first down or even positive yards does not win games. I need to get these shackles off and be allowed to throw the ball. I don't think the plays even give us a chance to win.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I wish he would just come out and say we need to have a better game plan and I need the opportunity to throw for first downs, get in rythem and win some game. Not getting a first down or even positive yards does not win games. I need to get these shackles off and be allowed to throw the ball. I don't think the plays even give us a chance to win.

Game plan was trash but he was still bad.